Explore GameReplays...

Generals 2

The New Command and Conquer is Generals 2

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 61Murder- Dec 12 2011, 15:10 PM
QUOTE(ScOtSmAn @ Dec 11 2011, 16:25 PM) *

This is the most overdue title in the history of gaming, better be done right for VG's sake, pretty sure I know a few real terrorists from playing generals online who will be pissed if it isn't made right, pissing of terrorists.. not a good idea.

true dat

Clan: Digital Militia

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 62MEXICANBROTHER Dec 15 2011, 04:06 AM
This may just bring me back to video games for some fun! Although it doesn't seem like the original CCG/ZH crew will be involved I still have hope they'll get some of the important parts right.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 63Askavenger Dec 15 2011, 23:13 PM
Hope Greg Black isn't balancing it. Let me know if anyone finds out he's involved so I know not to get this.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 64AgmLauncher Dec 15 2011, 23:20 PM
Hope Greg Black isn't balancing it. Let me know if anyone finds out he's involved so I know not to get this.

Greg Black is working at Blizzard now, which means he knows more about balance than you do. Guess you should stop playing SC2 now.

I'd really love to know on what basis you find the audacity to criticize Greg Black for the failings of an entire company. How about YOU design and try and balance an RTS with a dev cycle of a year, and almost no budget for post-release support, while you're simultaneously required to work on a totally separate project anyway.

Clan: CrAzY

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 65Askavenger Dec 16 2011, 14:53 PM
Yes, cuz RA3 was uberly balanced. And I don't play SC2, did my avatar game fail you? It was a good attempt though. Greg failed RA3, he won't do much for SC2, he will be in a team that will help him in Blizzard, I'm sure he won't be solo either. If anything, he will be working on side projects, do you know where he even works, what department? No, you just know its Blizzard. For all I know he could be a community leader moderating forums. Thanks.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 66AgmLauncher Dec 16 2011, 15:18 PM
Ah i see, so you say Greg wont be working solo at Blizzard, yet you have no problem holding him primarily responsible for RA3, even though RA3's balance problems were due to EA moving Greg onto other projects so he wasnt even invloved in balancing RA3 after it was released, and EA disnt give it enough budget. But you sure know what youre talking about.....

+
# 67cnc315d34d Dec 16 2011, 15:27 PM
im personally not a big fan of greg black's balancing in cnc3 tw1.05 either... sad.gif

upgraded rocket guys with 9999999 hp that get countered better by mass tanks than antiinf? heavy inf units that take like 0 dmg from tanks and die like flies to antiinf?
lol nothx

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 68S2Zrathustra Dec 16 2011, 15:47 PM
The issue wasn't Greg, it was EA's ability to only release massive patches with major balance changes as they had/have a ridiculous QA process that took weeks.

Game: Generals 2

+
# 69AgmLauncher Dec 16 2011, 15:51 PM
im personally not a big fan of greg black's balancing in cnc3 tw1.05 either...

That wasn't greg black. That was me, a few others from GR, and Jeremy Feasel. Best thing about 1.05 was removing retarded ground control from power plants.

+
# 70cnc315d34d Dec 16 2011, 16:12 PM
there were a couple of good things about 1.05, like the basecrawl nerf, but a lot of other stuff just sucked sad.gif

some of the trash that was added in that patch continues to exist in current cnc3/kw, and was infact balanced around
(like for eg the 999999 hp rocketmen, which needed another ridiculous 'antiinf' upgrade like ap ammo to balance it out, which in turn became silly vs other stuff etc)

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 71triumph Dec 16 2011, 16:28 PM
QUOTE(AgmLauncher @ Dec 16 2011, 08:51 AM) *

That wasn't greg black. That was me, a few others from GR, and Jeremy Feasel. Best thing about 1.05 was removing retarded ground control from power plants.

F- YEAH ROCKET DAMAGE TYPE SCRIN TANKS! BEST DESIGN MOVE THEY CANT CHANGE EVER!
Seriously.

Clan: EPIC

+
# 72ApolloGodOfLight Dec 27 2011, 21:20 PM
WOW.

The best part of a decade, a wife and 2 kids later and it's finally here.
No game has come anywhere near close to Gens and Zero Hour for me.
I hope they capture the magic and feeling of the originals and give us a proper lobby (not like the crap in every other RTS they released )for massive flame wars biggrin.gif

Amazing.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 73chaos Apr 22 2012, 15:08 PM
About bloody time, i gave up searching for gens 2 a few years back, or more importantly the expansion cool2.gif
Nice it is using the frostbite engine so the graphics should be pretty damn decent, i just hope there will be plenty of units and no limit cap as that enhances the depth of the gameplay and opens up a wider range of tactics as opposed to having a few units with the exact same stratergies over and over again as u can see in games like wic which i got bored off after a few weeks of play, also having superweapons is handy and tames down major spam in long games.

Another thing that would be good is grouping similar units to squads (whilst being able to degroup so u can micro manage easier in small combats) like u can do in wargames european expansion which is a great game for me and will feed my craving for rts till gens 2 + expansion. Having infantry squads like in cnc3 is ok but it would be nice to able to split one guy off to handle a scout or something without giving too much info of ur army away to the enemy. tongue.gif
The only thing wargames lacks is decent air and the air u have got, are slow at responding so they die to AA pretty quick if ur not on ur toes laugh.gif (the arty in that game is nearly as bad as the scud bug if anyone remembers that) and hi apollo, you have been a busy bee lol, would be great to catch up so send me ur new email via pm.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)