Generals 2

Post your CCG2 ideas and wishlist here!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 141Crypt Rat Jan 23 2012, 23:53 PM
Scaffolding not popping up until the builder gets to the plot.

And from this, being able to tell a worker to try to build a structure in a FoW'd area.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 142·Emperor´'`Ravenheart´'` Jan 24 2012, 00:59 AM
Horrible idea. Hows that different from boxtrick? "Let's try to put a building here to check if they got anything there".

And please don't suggest something like "no, let the worker go over to the build area and only after that give the message if they build area is occupied" to prevent that.

Clan: Death and Destiny

Game: None

+
# 143AgmLauncher Jan 24 2012, 01:02 AM
QUOTE(Crypt Rat @ Jan 23 2012, 19:53 PM) *

Scaffolding not popping up until the builder gets to the plot.

And from this, being able to tell a worker to try to build a structure in a FoW'd area.

Nope, makes it too easy for sloppy play to be avoided. I like killing $2500 palaces due to lazy play

Clan: CrAzY

Game: Generals 2

+
# 144Crypt Rat Jan 24 2012, 02:33 AM
QUOTE(Moonlight Shadow @ Jan 23 2012, 20:59 PM) *
Horrible idea. Hows that different from boxtrick? "Let's try to put a building here to check if they got anything there".

And please don't suggest something like "no, let the worker go over to the build area and only after that give the message if they build area is occupied" to prevent that.
Well that's exactly how I intended it to work, so I guess I don't have anything to say to you.
QUOTE(AgmLauncher @ Jan 23 2012, 21:02 PM) *
Nope, makes it too easy for sloppy play to be avoided.
That's not the point. That the scaffolding pops up automatically and immediately and remains when the builder dies in transit isn't intuitive and requiring vision of where you want to issue build orders to is just annoying.

You act like any small step towards making game features easier to use and understand is going to cause the skill requirement of the game to plummet. (It wont, by the way.)
QUOTE(AgmLauncher @ Jan 23 2012, 21:02 PM) *
I like killing $2500 palaces due to lazy play.
Structures being incredibly vulnerable while they're being built and undefended (and especially so at the start of construction) is fine; structures being eggshells before they're even being built is ridiculous.

This post has been edited by Crypt Rat: Jan 24 2012, 02:45 AM

+
# 145Star Ocean Jan 24 2012, 02:59 AM
Crypt Rat, the reason they are so weak is to prevent you from putting up structures in combat. USA could use scans to erect unfinished buildings around GLA supplies which was unfair.

All you need to do is to make sure your worker is close when you start building.

Clan: H2

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 146Crypt Rat Jan 24 2012, 18:44 PM
QUOTE(Star Ocean @ Jan 23 2012, 22:59 PM) *
Crypt Rat, the reason they are so weak is to prevent you from putting up structures in combat.
The change I proposed doesn't really change this and I have no problems with structures being fragile while being built.
QUOTE(Star Ocean @ Jan 23 2012, 22:59 PM) *
USA could use scans to erect unfinished buildings around GLA supplies which was unfair.
Maybe in the old system, but not in the one I was proposing. If the scaffolding didn't pop up until the dozer reached the buildplot, this couldn't happen without severe repositioning of your dozer, risking its death.

Your comments confuse me.

This post has been edited by Crypt Rat: Jan 24 2012, 18:50 PM

+
# 147foofightersrule Jan 28 2012, 17:09 PM
I agree with Crypt Rat here, not because of this
QUOTE(Crypt Rat @ Jan 23 2012, 19:33 PM) *

structures being eggshells before they're even being built is ridiculous.

but because scaffolding placement can be abused, as in Dale's example. It's also too easy to steal tech. Placing scaffolding under enemy migs and alphas is some of the gimmicky play that I wouldn't mind being removed from the game.

+
# 148cnc315d34d Jan 28 2012, 17:29 PM
agreed...those scaffolding tricks were gay

dozers shouldnt be able to place a scaffold from all the way across the map... they should only create them at melee range

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 149ScOtSmAn Feb 2 2012, 21:17 PM
QUOTE(AgmLauncher @ Jan 15 2012, 11:26 AM) *

As I posted in another thread, this would make the game shallower. Veterancy and scrap should be kept separate and this modification should be done:

1. First, scrap gives you better weapons if you don't have them yet
2. If fully scrapped, it then gives you veterancy promotions
3. If fully scrapped and fully veteran, it should give you money

Then you have choices to make about how you want to distribute that scrap amongst your units. Some units will gain firepower through weapons, some units will gain healing (and maybe other attributes) through veterancy, and some will give you money if you're strapped for cash.

agreed with that!!

the best thing about scrap was making tactical decision to take it or not... lots of situations grenade tech is far more useful than the rocket so you would have to AVOID scrap.. biggrin.gif

Clan: iWuB

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 150·Emperor´'`Ravenheart´'` Feb 3 2012, 10:40 AM
That's only thanks to insta double-damage those techs get even without forcefiring. They deal almost the same damage as fully scrapped techs wacko.gif

+
# 151ScOtSmAn Feb 3 2012, 10:49 AM
only against infantry, hence why in GvG rocket tech > grenade techs

they only kill TH in one go when they are three chevrons too and being low health and very vulnerable a smart china will not waste millions of TH against them they will take it out with air

and fyi FF only effects shells

Clan: iWuB

+
# 152·Emperor´'`Ravenheart´'` Feb 3 2012, 11:09 AM
Two chevrons are enough actually happy.gif

+
# 153torque- Feb 7 2012, 19:59 PM
QUOTE(bliNd- @ Dec 10 2011, 23:28 PM) *
game better have dozers/workers back, otherwise it'll be a fucking abomination.

Clan: Disposable Heroez

Game: Generals 2

+
# 154B00M Mar 1 2012, 12:09 PM
My wishlist is (edit: mostly) decent maps; I honest to god dont want to see some horrible maps again like there were in the last few Cnc's

This post has been edited by B00M: Mar 1 2012, 12:31 PM

Game: Blizzard

+
# 155Namco Mar 1 2012, 18:16 PM
agree with this, more balanced maps (ladder maps), or make even all the maps in online play balanced (useable for ladder), so that majority of players still play this game and it will be enjoyable after even 1-2 years after release. That woiuld be just fucking great smile.gif

Game: Kings and Castles

+
# 156Couch Mar 3 2012, 22:22 PM
I would love to see map-rotation as well.

Clan: TNG-

+
# 157ScaredyCats Mar 11 2012, 07:26 AM
There should be a system Requirement test so others can see the performance of your pc and bandwith laggy games get old

+
# 158tod.extinction Mar 27 2012, 11:29 AM
random map would be a nice feature. If not generateable then it would be cool if it would select some random map out of a pool of maps (like in quickmatch; but also in lobby).

Clan: limes

+
# 159HotasChilli Apr 30 2012, 12:58 PM
i would like to see a flying hero unit maybe a blackbot with wings whiches flying reload every 2 mins or a jumping jarmen. yeah that would be awesome u can buy him kangarooshoes from the merchandising store which can be upgraded from the black market. i would also like to see some ships for battles on the sea. seamines, surfninjas etc. more units more upgrades more fractions and more generals

+
# 160tod.extinction May 1 2012, 19:17 PM
nicer unitcontrol.. i want to be able to determine where a tank go while i command where he shall shoot ... More commonly better AI.

While hosting a game it would be cool to be able to set some handicaps. So Proz can play vs noobs ;D

Clan: limes

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)