12.12.11 sign-ups!

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 21Converse Dec 12 2011, 16:31 PM
I can be the back up smile.gif
Or at least i might obs if all are ok with it tongue.gif

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 22Fusty Dec 12 2011, 16:37 PM
back up is excellent! wombat and lucky 7 havent registered in the main tournament thread yet and they need to! so you may well play.... i am happy for you to watch but i wud still wait for elven on that matter biggrin.gif
please stick around dude and sign in at 7:30pm in the upcoming thread.
everyone will say if they're here tongue.gif like a school register pirate.gifD

This post has been edited by Fusty: Dec 12 2011, 16:42 PM

+
# 23arigold Dec 12 2011, 16:54 PM
heres a tip for the future:
dont make so many threads, theres no need for the "The Stand-Alone Tournament BETA sign-up!" if you just say this on the rules page: "By signing up for the upcoming Stand Alone Tournaments, I agree to all the rules and subject myself to the wishes of the game referee, namely ...., in the unlikely event of a dispute. I accept that disobeying the referee will automatically disqualify me from the said tournament and I may be subjected to further exclusion from further tournaments." i might have got confused with the language in those sentences but you get the gist of it. having all these threads is confusing. you could just use this thread for example for the desired persona during the tourney making the other thread, in my humble view, obselete.

This post has been edited by arigold: Dec 12 2011, 16:57 PM

Clan: NTS

+
# 24Sunreflos Dec 12 2011, 16:58 PM
QUOTE(arigold @ Dec 12 2011, 16:54 PM) *

heres a tip for the future:
dont make so many threads, theres no need for the "general SAT tourney registration thread" if you just say this on the rules page: "By signing up for the upcoming Stand Alone Tournaments, I agree to all the rules and subject myself to the wishes of the game referee, namely ...., in the unlikely event of a dispute. I accept that disobeying the referee will automatically disqualify me from the said tournament and I may be subjected to further exclusion from further tournaments." i might have got confused with the language in those sentences but you get the gist of it. having all these threads is confusing.

I concour with this statement. I didn't even know there was another thread I had to sign up on for the tournament until fusty sent me a link to the page and then added to this thread. Clear and concise is always the way to go.

+
# 25Fusty Dec 12 2011, 17:13 PM
I do as i am told and follow as elven says but thank you for the feed back, however what is a few seconds of you time before the match to make sure people are here, to register for the tournament, and register for the game....... maybe the threads can be moved to the top of general discussion.

the first thread: Tournament sign up
the second thread: first game sign up
the third thread (upcoming at 7:30pm (GMT+0)): knowing who has turned up

General Discussion and the Stand-Alone Tournament section both had links to the threads.
i hope that clears things up but now your registered there will only be 2 threads a game.... game sign up, and knowing who has turned up.
but thank you for feedback again and we will work on it. biggrin.gif

+
# 26LuckyCat Dec 12 2011, 17:20 PM
QUOTE(Fusty @ Dec 12 2011, 08:14 AM) *

lucky cat it shud be 2pm today for you and if you can play thats is 10 players. I will open the second post for you all to confirm at 7:30pm (GMT+0) that you are here. when you are all here i will go to cnc4 to host. I will be in the Tournaments 1 lobby on cnc4 30 mins before game starts. biggrin.gif
see you there

Thanks Fusty!

I am in!

+
# 27Elven Dec 12 2011, 18:49 PM
Oh dear... Lemme make it clear.

Tournament sign-up is for ladder. We need to know what username we will use in ladder. Signing up to the tournament means you will be put into ladder. You cannot take part of matches if you are not signed up to the ladder.

Signing up for match means you will take part of coming match and to make it more comfortable for future, you can say just I take part and you will be registered. Signing up for match means you are ready to arrive at that referee given time! IF we have issues to make sure who you are, we can use tournament sign-up thread. They are both necessary threads!

We will probably not do check-in thread because then there would be indeed overspam thread, but every day new thread will be made for new match and old one locked. This will assure that todays match stays on top.

That is all!

This post has been edited by Elven: Dec 12 2011, 18:50 PM

Game: League of Legends

+
# 28Comp_Lex Dec 12 2011, 19:19 PM
Very good post Elven smile.gif

I think the confusion is caused by the placement of the threads. They are placed in two completely different subfora, which means that keeping track of them is difficult.

Game: Generals 2

+
# 29Fusty Dec 12 2011, 19:45 PM
The sign ups are now closed!
the players will be:
1.arigold
2.wombat
3.elven
4.nicolem
5.comp_lex
6.murderomega
7.zodiacheadlock
8.converse
9.luckycat
10 .sunreflos

see you in tournaments 1 biggrin.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)