Kanes Wrath

help with Mechapedes

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1skeetshooter Dec 21 2011, 16:21 PM
hey guys

i play allot with scrin, most T-59 and reaper-17

and im actually not bad with it but i want allot of infe regarding those mechapedes thats the only unit i actually dont use and dont know how to use it!

i hope you guys can help me with that!

Greetz!

+
# 2TiberianFuture Dec 21 2011, 21:25 PM
Mechapede is fast harass/anti-air unit, which can be used as main assault unit on occassion.
The only segments you want to use are shard and disc segments, and discs only if you're making anti-air mecha.

Shard mechas have great damage output vs inf and vehicles, and with some micro you can take out scorpion forces with a few mechas. Be sure to keep the head out of danger, it's very fragile and you lose $2200 easily.
Sonics, bikes (especially tibcore) and tripods are hard counters for mechas, steer clear from them.

Scrin doesn't really have anything to stop mechas at tier 2 aside from mass devourers, so going fast mechas vs Scrins can be devastating to the opponent. Be careful with Traveler though, cultist will turn the tide with relative ease.

As an anti-air unit mechapedes are devastating vs anything but vertigoes and perhaps raiderheads. Just keep the head moving away from the threats and you can kill even a large number of HH's/venoms/storms with ease. Scrin heavy airships fall too with little effort.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 3skeetshooter Dec 22 2011, 16:48 PM
hmm oke interesting info thnx for that! ill try it out soon!:) thanks!

+
# 4Custer Jan 12 2012, 12:50 PM
Second best thing about mechs is healing ability(corrosive beam like the one on the Corrupter)
Best scrin tact is get to the Epic unit quickly build on the side few desintegrators and buzzers to fend of any petty rush.
While building Epic build 10 Corrupter on the side and 3 shock troopers for garrison
10 Corrupters healing the epic(garrisoned by shock troopers) should be enough for any brutal enemy, but be careful vs gdi and those damn juggs.

+
# 5TiberianFuture Jan 12 2012, 18:22 PM
QUOTE(Custer @ Jan 12 2012, 14:50 PM) *

Second best thing about mechs is healing ability(corrosive beam like the one on the Corrupter)
Best scrin tact is get to the Epic unit quickly build on the side few desintegrators and buzzers to fend of any petty rush.
While building Epic build 10 Corrupter on the side and 3 shock troopers for garrison
10 Corrupters healing the epic(garrisoned by shock troopers) should be enough for any brutal enemy, but be careful vs gdi and those damn juggs.

I find the mecha healing vastly inferior to corrupters.

If you try your 'best tactic' vs anyone decent, you find yourself very quickly very dead. But as you're talking about brutal AI's, I take it you don't play vs anyone decent...

+
# 6Custer Jan 14 2012, 04:08 AM
QUOTE(TiberianFuture @ Jan 12 2012, 18:22 PM) *

I find the mecha healing vastly inferior to corrupters.

If you try your 'best tactic' vs anyone decent, you find yourself very quickly very dead. But as you're talking about brutal AI's, I take it you don't play vs anyone decent...

True, true and not so true. The guy asked about mechs so i take it he just started the game and that means AI is his only enemy.
This kind of play lets him explore the game and create his own tacticts while having the upper hand.
And yes i do play against 2 or 3 brutal AI teamed but only to practice.
And you are dead wrong about not playing vs anyone decent.
First you explore the game then you play vs people and create your own tactics and adapt them to suit your needs.
Of course u cannot use the same game over and over but you can use it to find your own and that tactic works very nice against most foes. And that fully answers the guys question.

And to answer yours Mechs effect is compensated by its cost instead of 1000 for every corrupter you pay 1400 for mech and 100 for every segment which means isntead od 8000 you pay 2200 for same result, and you can adapt them however you like when needed.

To the dude asking the q- stay with the mech, explore ways to use them
scrin is the most powerfull fraction of the game learn to use it fully and you will be awesome player
find your own way to use them, make your own tactics and always adapt to the game and the enemy cause even the "best tactics" fail if repeated too many times, but until then use it cause its awesome and enjoy.

+
# 7cnc315d34d Jan 14 2012, 15:28 PM
The guy asked about mechs so i take it he just started the game and that means AI is his only enemy.

just because he asked about the best uses for a single unit, it implies he just started playing the game?
cool logic bro

fact is most people come here to ask for tips for online play -- telling them to 'go explore' the game vs ai first kinda defeats the point of them coming here
And to answer yours Mechs effect is compensated by its cost instead of 1000 for every corrupter you pay 1400 for mech and 100 for every segment which means isntead od 8000 you pay 2200 for same result, and you can adapt them however you like when needed.

uh... each mechapede segment has only like 1/4th the healing power of 1 corrupter
so you need a mech with 4 corr segments to match a corrupter - thats already 1800... sure you want to use that over a 1000 corrupter?

+
# 8JcGNeon Jan 19 2012, 05:09 AM
Mechapedes are harass units. They're only good if you kite with them, so keep them moving whenever engaging the enemy. The only segments you should use are Shards and Discs. The other two aren't worth using. The Mecha's biggest weakness is that you can forcefire on the head and kill it quite easily.

They counter:

-Seekers
-Gunwalkers
-Cultists (questionable)
-Pitbulls
-APCs
-Scorps (I'd be wary of the lazer upgrade)
-Non-tibcore bikes (to an extent, not the best counter)

They get countered by:

-Rocket inf
-Tibcore bikes
-Orcas (non-disc mechas)
-Stormriders (non-disc mechas)
-Obelisks
-Sonic Emitters
-Shatterers
-Tripods
-Rail preds/mammoths
-Devourers

Protect the head and you'll get your worth out of them. Microing mechas in scrin mirrors is quite common. Hope this helps.

Game: League of Legends

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)