Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

How to play RotWK?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Jaro^7^ Jan 12 2012, 19:09 PM
I agree with Poero not so bad with games at 2.02 and new people are trying to patch 2.02

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 22Mrak Jan 12 2012, 22:56 PM
QUOTE(Brice` @ Jan 12 2012, 17:27 PM) *

My link was just for explain how install an image for play the game without cd (in case of people who lost their cd, or broken it)
Wasn't for find a key, or pirating something lol

tbh without this link, i couldn't play this game anymore, would be one less player in the comunity tongue.gif

+ 1

Tbh, when you buy a game, you gain the authorization to play it forever as long you have the original serial. But if your DVD is damaged, is useless to spend at least 20-30€€ (nowdays prices for BfME2/RotWK) for something you have already the rights to play. That's why a lot of people try to crack the game (in a wrong way) and therefore they are unable to play it online (and in Multiplayer in general). So, a "No-CD Play Guide" would be quite useful, imo (without including any torrent or download link for the games, obviously).

This post has been edited by Mrak: Jan 12 2012, 23:40 PM

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 23Forlong Jan 13 2012, 00:20 AM
QUOTE(Mrak @ Jan 12 2012, 16:56 PM) *
+ 1

Tbh, when you buy a game, you gain the authorization to play it forever as long you have the original serial. But if your DVD is damaged, is useless to spend at least 20-30€€ (nowdays prices for BfME2/RotWK) for something you have already the rights to play. That's why a lot of people try to crack the game (in a wrong way) and therefore they are unable to play it online (and in Multiplayer in general). So, a "No-CD Play Guide" would be quite useful, imo (without including any torrent or download link for the games, obviously).

This is fine - burn the image yourself, of course. smile.gif However, the person in question here clearly does not have a legal copy of the game, so it's not really appropriate to be teaching him how to play it, is it?

+
# 24Mucking Fental Jan 13 2012, 00:26 AM
Forlong how long have u known me on rotwk? u KNOW ive HAD a legit cd. even 2. due to me gettin a new laptop and moving apartments i no longer have it. come on man i used to test 2.02 patches... ive more than supported the game over the years.

Clan: [FtN]

+
# 25Sentinus Jan 13 2012, 20:16 PM
Frosty, feel free to post that without the link. Torrent or image site, I'm afraid it doesn't matter when it comes to the site rules, however genuine someone's reasons for using it. Daemon tools and everything is fine, just not that site.

This post has been edited by Sentinus: Jan 13 2012, 20:17 PM

+
# 26Mrak Jan 13 2012, 20:50 PM
Well, then I think that is time to post a short "RotWK No-CD Play Guide", without breaking any GR rule. So:

Premise: this guide is not intended to promote or recommend acts of piracy! It is supposed to help those who can't no longer use the original DVD.

1. Install BfME2.
2. Install RotWK.
3. Install the Patch 2.01.
4. Install the Patch 2.02.
5. Download and extract the "RotWK No-DVD/Fixed Image".
6. Download YASU 1.03.
7. Install Daemon Tools Lite.
8. Mount the RotWK Image (file .mds).
9. Run YASU. Note: if in Daemon Tools is active the option Advanced Emulation -> SecuROM you can skip this step.
10. Run the game (with the normal shortcut or preferably with the 2.02 Launcher).

Final note: since on GR is not allowed to post the links of some of the things present in this guide, use Google to find them (at your own risk ... lol).

Edit: a small addition.

This post has been edited by Mrak: Feb 1 2012, 14:52 PM

+
# 27Strongbad Jan 13 2012, 21:14 PM
I'm going to assume you talked to Forlong before removing the invis on my post Sentinus? I don't wanna get in trouble sad.gif

Clan: Knights of Ea

Game: League of Legends

+
# 28Forlong Jan 14 2012, 03:49 AM
QUOTE(Teh N3meSis @ Jan 12 2012, 18:26 PM) *
Forlong how long have u known me on rotwk? u KNOW ive HAD a legit cd. even 2. due to me gettin a new laptop and moving apartments i no longer have it. come on man i used to test 2.02 patches... ive more than supported the game over the years.
Ah, well honestly I don't remember you testing 2.02 n1qshok.gif, but yes I remember you looking at your display name history... I'm sure we've played before. If you change your display name and avatar, that makes it less likely for you to be recognized. tongue.gif

+
# 29Sentinus Jan 14 2012, 09:18 AM
QUOTE(Strongbad @ Jan 13 2012, 21:14 PM) *

I'm going to assume you talked to Forlong before removing the invis on my post Sentinus? I don't wanna get in trouble sad.gif

I didn't do anything to any of your posts as far as I'm aware...

+
# 30Strongbad Jan 14 2012, 19:15 PM
oh hahaha it's still invisible. I'm a moron.

Clan: Knights of Ea

+
# 31Hellboy Jan 14 2012, 22:34 PM
QUOTE(Brice` @ Jan 12 2012, 18:27 PM) *

My link was just for explain how install an image for play the game without cd (in case of people who lost their cd, or broken it)
Wasn't for find a key, or pirating something lol

tbh without this link, i couldn't play this game anymore, would be one less player in the comunity tongue.gif

My cd started cracking, it worked till it cracked all the way through the middle cause of all the use of the cd, that's exactly what i did to continue playing and till it was still possible, i copied the disc, so i can still reinstall the game anytime. I don't see anything being wrong with this legaly, cause it was only to continue playing what i already gave money for. smile.gif

Clan: JR

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 32MikaStar` Jan 15 2012, 08:20 AM
There is a site where you can download rotwk for free (and many others old games), if gamereplays allow me to say the name i can post the link tongue.gif

About the key, i was thinking...the key is just needed for install the game no? meaning on gameranger we can play online even if 2 or more players have the same key? maybe a noob question tongue.gif

This post has been edited by ThEX: Jan 15 2012, 08:29 AM

Clan: GoF|

+
# 33Korvasomali Jan 15 2012, 10:16 AM
As I said Thex, key is only needed for playing online on servers.

+
# 34Forlong Jan 15 2012, 15:36 PM
QUOTE(Hellboy @ Jan 14 2012, 16:34 PM) *
My cd started cracking, it worked till it cracked all the way through the middle cause of all the use of the cd, that's exactly what i did to continue playing and till it was still possible, i copied the disc, so i can still reinstall the game anytime. I don't see anything being wrong with this legaly, cause it was only to continue playing what i already gave money for. smile.gif

Everybody with a DVD game should make a copy of the disc, since they're breaking for a lot of people. You're basically asking to be screwed if you don't.

Make the copy yourself BEFORE it breaks with DaemonTools. No you can't post links to CD copies here since you can use those to install the game without buying it....

+
# 35Brice` Jan 15 2012, 18:00 PM
QUOTE(Forlong @ Jan 15 2012, 15:36 PM) *

Everybody with a DVD game should make a copy of the disc, since they're breaking for a lot of people. You're basically asking to be screwed if you don't.

Make the copy yourself BEFORE it breaks with DaemonTools. No you can't post links to CD copies here since you can use those to install the game without buying it....

We are talking about a dead game, no one win money anymore, EA don't sell anymore this game.
If you are talking about law, then only Warner Bros could cry about it, but the fact is Warner bros just don't care about it, even more they would appreciat that players keep to play this game, marketing view for their next movie.
About EA, same thing, playing their game is like supporting their work.

And if you think EA staff or Warner staff is wasting his time for looking at the rotwk community on www.gamereplays.org well..

I can't understand why on rotwk we can't post any help for play with no cd when others community on gamereplays like bfme2 bt2dc can do it.

Clan: GoF|

Game: contributorprofiles

+
# 36Mucking Fental Jan 15 2012, 18:25 PM
yo i must have installed the wrong 2.01 patch, what do i do now? i keep getting this message? how do i go about what im supposed to do next... i fail technologically

EDIT: apparently there is no uninstall update then reupdate, just hit and miss install all until u get the right one for anyone else who might get this prob.

This post has been edited by Teh N3meSis: Jan 15 2012, 18:35 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Clan: [FtN]

+
# 37Forlong Jan 16 2012, 02:43 AM
No Brice, Warner Bros. does not own BFME... I can only ask that you respect that we want to be on the legal safe side on this.

Anyway I've never seen that error before; perhaps you indeed installed the patch for the wrong language or used a DVD patch instead of an Origin patch or vice-versa? Just get the patch from the Download 2.01 option on the "2.02 Info" dropdown above, that will pretty much guarantee that you pick the right one.

+
# 38Ab3r` Jan 18 2012, 19:17 PM
Im at uni and posses two copies of RotWK and a BFME2 yet they are at home, and the CD's are cracked so I doubt it will install them, any solutions, if you have a dubiously legal idea inbox me so the feds don't bust you!

+
# 39ViZ Jan 18 2012, 22:11 PM
lolol. so it's not installed on your pc atm?

+
# 40Ab3r` Jan 18 2012, 22:48 PM
No I got a laptop when I came to uni, my desktop was becoming unbearably slow.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)