Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Caeltos Jan 10 2012, 20:30 PM
IPB Image

2 Ez

Trayus Academy(EU) - PvP

Game: Dota 2

+
# 2RagingJenni Jan 10 2012, 23:12 PM
A bit skeptic about the game, I enjoy star wars, but dislike WoW. How do you think I'll like the game? (enjoy some other MMO's)
1382 1461 770

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3Caeltos Jan 11 2012, 00:17 AM
It really depends to be honest. It has alot of similiarities of WoW//Warhammer Online (in terms of just similiarities of class-functionality and how operation/pvp works)

* But what makes it stand out at the moment is the fluidity of PvP/PvE(PvE is really downright fucking to easy tho, but I've got alot of experience on both ends, so there's a probability this is just a mere subjective opinion on the state of the game)

The PvP is really fast-paced, well-balanced to certain extend (holy jesus, it's quite incredible they've managed to nail the launch performance in PvP with classes. Every class has their niché and usefulness, and you mostly end up saying "This class is pretty good!" (In the end-game). Coming from WoW PvP, this game is ALOT ALOT more demanding on your actions and actual response + ... well, micro-management(?) since they're so many actions (good 20+ abilities that are ALL useful in PvP) whereas in WoW it's really more limited to some stuff.

So, the PvP I can say it's just fantastic. It's fast, dynamic and really unique and is in my opinion, the strongest aspect of the game thus so far. You can spot well-coordinated stuff and teamwork easily, and you can easily have a good impact on the actual game, due to how knockback/slow/aura buffs functions, so even if you're an solo-player by heart, you're actions and whatnot in the PvP enviroment pays off and helps your team. Let-alone, the fact that if you do well, the Warzone(Battleground/PVP enviroment) will give you shout-outs, as in what occurs frequently; wink.gif
- Caeltos is unbeatable!
- Caeltos is invincible !
- Caeltos is immortal !

>> Etc etc; So it makes you feel quite satisified with your accomplishments, and it gains you recognition, which also bolsters your overall morale, let-alone establishment within the community. (Since it's not cross-server wide Warzones yet, this is a good thing to fond a good community in general)

Now for another end, the actual PvE (Story-Leveling) is really compelling and gets you hooked. If you're familliar with Mass Effect // Dragon Age (Both Bioware productions), the overall mechanics isn't going to fell strang at all, since they're blatant copies more or less of the chit-chat and consequence occurs, and the story differenatiates. Making up for even replay-value with the same class. Depending on the actions you make through-out the game, you gain what is known as Dark Side // Light Side Points . Depending on your Dark Side point, you will get different gear, be approached by NPCs/Characters differently, and your story will change. (Also, Dark Side gains you cosmetical changes, as in your eyes will become similiar to how Anakins turn bright-yellowish//++ Corrupted face, however- these are toggleable if you don't want the appearance changes)

The story for each class is really REALLY good, and I kept me intrested and in consequence to being intrested in it, it help me advance in levels (which is sort of the main goal afterall).

I failed to mention also, you end up getting a crew to help you in your QUEST, and a personal Space Ship, which you will use to travel the galaxy + Use in actual Space Combats. The Ship itself is a character of its own, which you can equip with different arsenal of weapons + upgrades and abilities.

Long story short.

Pros; Excellent PvP, balance is pretty good at the moment (and that's coming from someone with the most elite gear in the game atm)
Pros; A compelling and intresting PvE/Story enviroment (Albeit to easy)
Pros; Good change of paces through-out thanks the Space Ship
Pros; Good overall development of changes and future ahead of it.

Cons; Knockback in certain PvP enviroment causing some nuissance, but only if it's in quantity however. (This is mostly an melee issue)
Cons; Piss-poor Customer Service. It's really terrible at the moment
Cons; Several bugs in the game that will annoy you quite so, like certain abilities not firing off (You get notification if it's through bug, or if didnt' just hit)
Cons; No changeable UI, but this is presumed to change in the near future

That's bout all I can list for now. I'm having a blast playing it. If you're familiar with some MMOs and experience, don't be afraid to get in touch with me, and I might be able to squeeze someone into the actual guild. (We are quite demanding however, seeing as we're Hardcore guild.)

I give the game 8.9/10 the only real issues is some bugs (which they're tending to however, and the poor customer service.)

+
# 4ParanoidKami Jan 11 2012, 00:22 AM
I have some friends who play it and after I told them that I didn't like WoW they told me to just stay away from this game so stay away I shall until they come out with a demo/trial of some kind. Guild Wars 2 is the only mmo that I'm looking forward to.

1653 1247 ...

Clan: The Rally Point

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 5Caeltos Jan 11 2012, 01:02 AM
I'd guess a big shun-away part is the fact that they've placed all the levels in one single pool of players, instead of dividing them (From well-geared + maxl lvls from newly-frresh characters) which causes some....

Unpleasant welcoming hellos to the PvP aspect of the game, and seeing as it's such a good selling point (imo, and big part of the game), you're bound to get raped by the high levels + get a negative perspective on it. I'd imgaine that might be the case of the negativity. But once you get to the 50's and meet equivelent teams and alike, you're in for a treat.

+
# 6Pony Moofassa Jan 11 2012, 01:14 AM
Loving the Imperial Agent, I'm like bloody James Bond in space.

+
# 7Caeltos Jan 11 2012, 01:17 AM
Imperial Agents are boss, esp if you've got the shades :3
They're quite strong also in the end-game, hitting and stunning for apetons, altho they lack in the AoE department, but again- niché.

5% crit thanks, makes me crit my smash + scream for wonderous figures =]

What server do you play on Pony ? ... ; )

+
# 8mgfab Jan 11 2012, 17:24 PM
Does that mean no more awesome Caeltos replays to watch or are you still playing DOW?

+
# 9Caeltos Jan 11 2012, 18:34 PM
No more Dawn of War 2. I'm done with it.

+
# 10PanzerX Jan 11 2012, 18:49 PM
QUOTE(Caeltos @ Jan 11 2012, 10:34 AM) *

GL on your new adventure manbearpig!

+
# 11Pony Moofassa Jan 12 2012, 11:25 AM
QUOTE(Caeltos @ Jan 11 2012, 01:17 AM) *

Imperial Agents are boss, esp if you've got the shades :3
They're quite strong also in the end-game, hitting and stunning for apetons, altho they lack in the AoE department, but again- niché.

5% crit thanks, makes me crit my smash + scream for wonderous figures =]

What server do you play on Pony ? ... ; )

Bao Dur and Niman EU with Moofassa on both. Struggling to play it though, still on level 20 because my PC is absolutely terrible for it.

I think one of the great things about the game is that it's immensely story driven with full on voice acting. You're simply forced to care about what's going on with your character instead of just skipping the quest text and going off to kill 100 bears for no reason a la wow. You still need to kill 100 bears in this game but at least they give you a compelling reason to do so or at least the option to snub off the NPC in the rudest way possible.

+
# 12mgfab Jan 12 2012, 17:03 PM

That sucks. You actually inspired me to play CL biggrin.gif well anyways, have fun in the Star Wars Universe. I guess playing a good mmorpg is still awesome, unfortunately my limited time will not allow that anymore.

Maybe dow3 will get you again someday ;-)

+
# 13Tha Mollusk Jan 14 2012, 08:38 AM
This...

This is bad.
1522 1425 1353

+
# 14Cyridius Jan 15 2012, 01:34 AM
No moar Caeltos on DoW2 makes my eyes bleed to read it.
1124 1142 1152

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 15FlameStrike Jan 17 2012, 13:06 PM
No more Caeltos in DoW2, but hopefully Mess Hall will still be a place to hang out? :>

Game: None

+
# 16Caeltos Jan 17 2012, 13:19 PM
ye, it is.

+
# 17Rokco Jan 17 2012, 18:47 PM
IPB Image
1040 1062 1147

+
# 18PanzerX Jan 17 2012, 21:52 PM
On a side note, i found Caeltos' icon gf

http://funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/3188603/The+modern+girl/

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)