Generals 2

Don't make 9 factions, let alone 6...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 81triumph Apr 26 2012, 02:54 AM
All those people are fired. Are you happy now?

Clan: EPIC

Game: Generals 2

+
# 82Cabal^ Apr 26 2012, 03:12 AM
QUOTE(triumph @ Apr 25 2012, 18:54 PM) *

All those people are fired. Are you happy now?

laugh.gif thumb.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 83NotForYou Apr 27 2012, 08:38 AM
I want 9 army. More fun ^^

+
# 84Specovik May 1 2012, 12:07 PM
QUOTE(Stubbjax @ Jan 17 2012, 19:52 PM) *

I hate those players that whine whenever an opponent spams demo bikes or creates a nuclear missile. If you can't prevent the destruction, you suck. It's as simple as that.

+100500

In general, I would like to remind everyone that the "zero hour" has not been balanced for one reason. It is for this reason - lack of support from game developers just a few years after the end of the game.
I just think that if the game developers did not stop on a patch to 1.04, and went on more and more patches for 2006 is likely to have been adjusted for balance.

I personally think that the three factions - is too small and boring. In the "zero hour" I play more and for this reason. Is trivial, since it is usually "generals" is too boring - there is no freedom of choice.

Maybe I got the impression, because I spent seven years in the game, where 12 fractions, rather than 2 or 3.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 85LOA5000 May 5 2012, 23:31 PM
yes we need 9!

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 86JcGNeon May 6 2012, 15:12 PM
Ugh, no more balance hell, please. 3 diverse factions is enough.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 87Zlex May 7 2012, 19:48 PM
... I WILL DOMINATE THIS GAME!

kkthxbye!

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 88Pwnage_Machine May 18 2012, 10:12 AM
I think the way of doing it is having sub factions like Toxin, Demo etc, except instead of making choosable ingame. Basically the Company of Heroes style.

You pick a faction, American. Then ingame you pick a doctrine, or subfaction which has it's strengths and weaknesses compared to others that you use to react to what is currently happening ingame. For example, someone is blobbing Assault Grenadiers so the clever thing to do would be to spec into Airbourne to get strafing run to counter blobs. Instead of picking Toxin General, and hoping that the person you'll verse will blob infantry, which he obviously won't because you're Toxin General.

The reason why this is good is because it gives the customisation and variation that is fun and people like, whilst offering the tactical depth that rewards a player for making the correct strategic decision ingame which heightens the skill cap which is obviously good for E-sports.

Clan: Casters & Co.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)