Dawn of War 2

Ogryns

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Air_Delivery Jan 28 2012, 20:50 PM
lol @ Ogryns being UP.

heavy_melee, super_heavy_inf, tones of life for the squad and per model. An a charge that pwns almost all melee.

What this post comes down to is l2p.

+
# 22UBER_CHOMIK Jan 28 2012, 21:36 PM
@ Air_Delivery: learn to read before You tell someone to learn to play.

+
# 23Commissar Crunch Jan 28 2012, 22:36 PM
Sorry i dont understand anything.your ogryn got knocked by 4 hormagaunt ,ok and.if that really happened your ogryn will just get back on their feet and kill these 4 horm in a sec.

and btw

unupgraded ogryn beat fully upg asm
fully upg cat beat fully upg asm

i know i made the test

ogryns dont synergy with ig race as good as you say so- they cant be quickly reinforced on field, med pack works much better on gm, it takes ages to heal&reinforce.

morton vox operator is instantly reinforcing them with a price of 175 req and 0 power its also reinforcing everyone else

and 3 missile in the back of a chimera is enough to destroy it

and stop complaining about sm being op they ar far from being op

1250 1751 1689

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 24UBER_CHOMIK Jan 28 2012, 23:37 PM
QUOTE(Commissar Crunch @ Jan 28 2012, 22:36 PM) *

Sorry i dont understand anything.your ogryn got knocked by 4 hormagaunt ,ok and.if that really happened your ogryn will just get back on their feet and kill these 4 horm in a sec.

and btw

unupgraded ogryn beat fully upg asm
fully upg cat beat fully upg asm

i know i made the test

ogryns dont synergy with ig race as good as you say so- they cant be quickly reinforced on field, med pack works much better on gm, it takes ages to heal&reinforce.

morton vox operator is instantly reinforcing them with a price of 175 req and 0 power its also reinforcing everyone else

and 3 missile in the back of a chimera is enough to destroy it

and stop complaining about sm being op they ar far from being op

1. Yes they will kill the hormagaunts. But that is not the issue. The issue is that they GOT KNOCKEDBACK by them, which is absurd.
2. LEARN TO READ. Again. I NEVER said 1v1 Ogryns get beat by ASM. I am referring to a fact, that You can have ASM far earlier then I can have Ogryns. Which is not so annoying in 3v3 but is very annoying in 1v1 or 2v2.
Your ASM will be probably level 2 or sometimes even level 3 from killing other shit of mine or my ally. And You are able to get them more quicker. Couse it is not a problem of req, it is always a problem of energy. At least for me.
3. Adress Your text to proper subjects.
4. Yes, 3 rockets do the trick.
5. But to that cost of the Vox Operator who will die all the time.
5b. We are not talking about other skills or buffs Ogryns might get. As I was pointing earlier - ASM can be healed by Heal or Advance Healing from Apothecary for NONE resource cost and then they will kill Ogryns. So stop using arguments in a category: but You have better bombardment from global abilities.
Yes, that was ad absurdum rhetoric.

+
# 25Commissar Crunch Jan 28 2012, 23:49 PM
since when are asm a problem you have sent stun, commader power weapon ,cats,2 hwt and execution if used properly
i'm not going to argue with you all you are saying make no sense

and i was not talking to you about the vox operator
1250 1751 1689

+
# 26UBER_CHOMIK Jan 29 2012, 01:09 AM
Then learn to use paragraphs, quotes, punctuation and big letters in the start of the sentance.

And Baneblade to add it. Your argument is pointless and depends on player skills, terrain control and available resources.

Because of course you are right. What was I thinking! If I have Sentinel, Commander, Catachans, 2 Heavy Weapon Squads, then of course I can beat 1 single ASM. But don't You think that if I have such resources (1200/100), then enemy might have some also? Like 2 ASM that will disrupt mi hwt's, his Commander with healing or battle cry and some scouts with grandes/shotgun? Or maybe some tacticals for that matter? Which will take down Sentinel in like... 10 seconds? 20?

Ech... we have passed long way from the caves and some people still can't learn what reading with understanding means. Or to use logical arguments for that matter.

+
# 27uberpanzer Jan 29 2012, 01:55 AM
Post a replay.

And stop calling other people ignorant and noobish, its more than a bit repulsive.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 28Commissar Crunch Jan 29 2012, 02:53 AM
Or to use logical arguments for that matter.

Of course you are so logical.Nerf the hormagaunt they are knocking my ogryn also nerf the asm.I apparently cant beat them because i lack of skill.

BTW i was listing all u can get to counter the OP ASSAULT MARINE and if u cant beat 2 asm with a sent 2 hwt cats and your commander then you really need to l2p.

And i dont need to use paragraphs, quotes, punctuation and big letters* (even if i did to make you feel better)BECAUSE IM NOT MAKING A TEXT ON HOW TO GET BEAT BY ASM AND HORMAGAUNT DUE TO MY LACK OF SKILL

if you want to make ig better start post about the commissar lord he is up compare to ogryn

1250 1751 1689

+
# 29Cyris Jan 29 2012, 05:33 AM
This thread is as bad as an official SC2 forum thread.
1284 1231 ...

+
# 30Air_Delivery Jan 29 2012, 05:41 AM
Next time you see a hormagaunt knock back an ogryn save the replay.

+
# 31Dullahan Jan 29 2012, 06:22 AM
QUOTE(UBER_CHOMIK @ Jan 28 2012, 17:37 PM) *

1. Yes they will kill the hormagaunts. But that is not the issue. The issue is that they GOT KNOCKEDBACK by them, which is absurd.

This shouldn't be possible unless the hormagaunts are targeting a nearby squad and catch the Ogryns in their special attack. Even under melee synapse, hormagaunts only have 65 melee skill versus Ogryn's 70.

1374 ... ...

Clan: The Rally Point

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 32UBER_CHOMIK Jan 29 2012, 12:15 PM
@ uberpanzer:

I will, when they stop twisting my words or accusing me of saying something I did not. And for that matter: I never called them that, at least not in an obvious way wink.gif. I am merely frustrated of their education/intelectual level that denies them to read with understanding the whole post and thinking before responsing.

@ Air_Delivery:

I am aware of that. And to be honest I was sure I saved it. As I said, I will try to procure such one. As for me thread is closed. Those who read (even if not a start, but really - not sarcastic bravo and respect for WNxBizzie, for courage to admit for a misreading. Not often this days.) admited that it is weird and should be impossible. Meanwhile I am just fighting those who are to lazy, to ignorant or to pompous to read and think a second about the meaning of the words they just read instead giving them the meaning they want to hear. Cause of course they are right and I am wrong and the world is safe again wink.gif.

And for all haters that will quote that sentance, in advance: I am not saying that I'm right. I am merely pointing out that it doesn't mean You are.

QUOTE(Commissar Crunch @ Jan 29 2012, 02:53 AM) *

Of course you are so logical.Nerf the hormagaunt they are knocking my ogryn also nerf the asm.I apparently cant beat them because i lack of skill.

And again I dare You to quote where I said such a thing. And if You can't, and I apologize every other person in this thread for what I am about to write, shove Your opinion so high up Your ass, that it will come back to Your brain where it was born.

QUOTE(Commissar Crunch @ Jan 29 2012, 02:53 AM) *

BTW i was listing all u can get to counter the OP ASSAULT MARINE and if u cant beat 2 asm with a sent 2 hwt cats and your commander then you really need to l2p.

Isn't so nice when somebody else is twisting Your words and what You meant, is it?

1. If You use a specific situation, to use it as an argument, use it with details and with logic.
2. Example: to counter 1ASM, 2 of those factors would be quite suffiecient. Altough if one of them is hwt, then it will be disrupted as an obvius choice for SM player to strike first, thus, in most cases, it's made to be retreated to base, due to loses. But he wouldn't have only ASM, right? There would be also tacticals as well, or 2 scouts as an equivalent. Which probably could in fair amount of situation retreat Your sentinel, before it gets destroy. Probably not if You have guardsmen around to repair it.

This is an argument.

As for 2 ASM squads it is a bit more complicated. 2 hwt's are not the best response, couse both will get jumped on and disrupted. There is a chance that with sentinel or catachans You can stop one ASM and set up again, but as something else would be shooting the one that tries it, it's risky. You can of course make a bunker which is different from other, connected to hero skills, cause it's available to all IG heroes. And it would be good for time that will take SM players to make granades or flamers. Still, works for some time. Therefor 2 hwt's is not always a good response for 2 ASM (though in some situations may be). For me it is better to make 1 and set an ambush for ASM that would like to drop on them.

That is another example of an argument. Logical, internal coherent and with a clear path of cause and effects.

+
# 33RagingJenni Jan 29 2012, 12:22 PM
This is ridicoulus. Catachans beat ASM if used defensively vs ASMs offensive use. Coupled with back up from your hero (holy brazier attack+ability, commissar power sword+LBE, medpack) or a sentinel, you got them easily.

And the game is balanced around 1v1, so balance changes based around 3v3 wont happen. If you want to complain about a balance issue, make a post painting up a 1v1 scenario where the imbalance was shown and support with replay if you can.
1382 1461 770

+
# 34UBER_CHOMIK Jan 29 2012, 13:26 PM
@ RagingJenni:

You make a fair point about balancing. I did not know that balance is maintained only around 1v1.
As I said somewhere in the middle, when somebody else pointed it out: I am referring to 3v3 mode.
And to be honest I am not sure why it is supposed to be worse and left behind to superior 1v1.

But well... that's life.

But, again, You make argument ad absurdum. If Catachans are backed up, why You leave ASM without such support?
Either refer to Catachans vs. ASM which is within this discussion, or balance both sides You are comparing.

And what would happen if You face ASM + Apothecary against Catachans with Inquisitor? Or FC with his Battle cry?
If You set an argument, make it fair.

I ask of nothing else.

And for me, the thread is closed, is there any moderator that can remove it or close it? And not because of me, I can talk for a long more time with my adversaries, but it is getting pointless.

+
# 35RagingJenni Jan 29 2012, 14:37 PM
QUOTE(UBER_CHOMIK @ Jan 29 2012, 13:26 PM) *

@ RagingJenni:

You make a fair point about balancing. I did not know that balance is maintained only around 1v1.
As I said somewhere in the middle, when somebody else pointed it out: I am referring to 3v3 mode.
And to be honest I am not sure why it is supposed to be worse and left behind to superior 1v1.

But well... that's life.

But, again, You make argument ad absurdum. If Catachans are backed up, why You leave ASM without such support?
Either refer to Catachans vs. ASM which is within this discussion, or balance both sides You are comparing.

And what would happen if You face ASM + Apothecary against Catachans with Inquisitor? Or FC with his Battle cry?

I ask of nothing else.

And for me, the thread is closed, is there any moderator that can remove it or close it? And not because of me, I can talk for a long more time with my adversaries, but it is getting pointless.

You often have better support because ASM is a offensive unit, just as I said. When you use catachans defensively with hero support they will beat ASM. If ASM are just walking up to you supported by commander then something is a bit wrong. I dont like getting into theorycraft scenarios but picture this: The SM army moves in, lets say tacs+FC+ASM+scouts. You got 2x GM, sent Inq and catachans.

If ASM jump in, throw down the holy pyre and isolate them to the best of your ability. Sent stomp tacs and focus them with GM, use hammer of the witches on the FC to keep him locked down and just ignore scouts for the time being. Now catachans should be on a leveled playfield with ASM, and be able to beat them.

Now that is all theorycrafting and a fight moves more fluently than that, but that is what you are trying to achieve. bait him to jump in and then isolate and defeat them. if he just walks up to you you should have ample time to put down the hurting with firepower. And dont forget to use catachan abilities to maximum utility. (One tip is to throw a smoke over the ASM-catachan battle negating all the ASM range support.)

Yes I know you're refering to 3v3. That is why I informed you that balanced is maintained around 1v1, and therefore no measures would be taken to help you out in that mode. Now if you would've asked for help that would have been a entirely different matter.

My tips for 3v3 is to go 2x GM and sent, power weapon for Inq or Commie and then spam gens and get a fast chim out. Since fast teching is generally easier in 3v3.
1382 1461 770

+
# 36Mor2ton Jan 29 2012, 17:14 PM
QUOTE(Commissar Crunch @ Jan 28 2012, 22:36 PM) *

Good to know, I wasnt aware of that. Does it mean it reinforce all allies troops nearby ? like termies ?
... 1223 1487

+
# 37BobTheDespoiler Jan 29 2012, 18:44 PM
QUOTE(RagingJenni @ Jan 29 2012, 09:37 AM) *

Lots of stuff

But Jenni, you forget in your analysis here that since you bought Catachans, you already lost. biggrin.gif

Game: Kings and Castles

+
# 38Commissar Crunch Jan 29 2012, 18:57 PM
just imperial guard troop
1250 1751 1689

+
# 39JackHollowPoint Jan 29 2012, 21:23 PM
QUOTE(UBER_CHOMIK @ Jan 29 2012, 17:26 PM) *

ASM's are bothering you?
Just kill them with Ogryns.
I had a 3v3 ( you were speaking of 3v3 aren't you?) my teammates were TM & WB. And there was an Inq on other side. At some point of game TM's lvl 2 ASM squad met lvl 1 Ogryns. Both upgraded. With NO support from both sides. ASM's used jump on Ogryns, gryns used cahrge. ASM's were going to jump away when WB wrote "don't retreat", and buffed ASM's with UYC and HB globals.
Guess what happend ?
ASM's were raped. Thou mb it happend cos Sarge died second, but they jumped away with ~300 hp, only 1 model landed alive. Gryn's lost ~ 35-40% hp, no model losses.
it was 3.18 thou.
Mb it is SOOO different now?
Btw @Domino Strength@ is when you knockback someone and he is, while flying/falling, drops someone behind him.

This post has been edited by JackHollowPoint: Jan 29 2012, 21:36 PM
... 880 995

+
# 40uberpanzer Jan 29 2012, 22:12 PM
Catachans arent a must buy, and indeed they cant be a nasty req and power sink if you got them in bad circunstances. But they are by no means insta-defeat FFS.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)