Company of Heroes

Will take 2 Mentees

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 41Lbode9 Feb 10 2012, 02:30 AM
lbode9 v ArtVandalay (JPPennyPacker) - I know what I generally need to work on but Art has been the highest level opponent I've played besides the tournament so I'd like to review this replay when you have the time.

This post has been edited by Lbode9: Feb 10 2012, 05:02 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File lusvwm_loss_artvandr8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzgameversion199.117372_042711_091818.rec
Size: 674.49k
Number of downloads: 1
Player Name Side Team
lbode9 1
JPPennypacker 2

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 42Lbode9 Feb 11 2012, 13:30 PM
Hey Budwise,

I've been doing pretty good with leveling up and even played a few higher level players. I'm winning 2 to every 1 I lose. I won one against a level10+ and lost the one I played against ArtVandalay but I have ran into a few things I am unsure how to deal with. One is Machine gun pins in the first game on Semois before I have an M8. I even tried flanking which cleared them but by the time my forces were regrouped there were more MG's and bunkers up. I either seem to take total control and my opponent drops or get a good stranglehold early then bam!!!! I'm wiped out within 8 minutes. Even with fuel control I can't seem to react well to spamming MG's or huge blobs. I don't get the chance to play many games out where I control the pace. It's like I don't know what to do with the units I build with my build order. Maybe its just the way I'm playing but even when I follow the things I need to work on and not lose units it seems to go either good or just shit bad. Frustrating but at least its just a game. I won't bother posting the games when things go well. I assume you know what those look like. I can put together 4 sided flanks, get the M8 out really early and all that but I don't know maybe its just me not keeping my head together and like you said macroing everything. Even on my last Semois game I tried moving my At Guns up to support the rifles and got my base run down.

This post has been edited by Lbode9: Feb 11 2012, 13:35 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File lusvwmg27loss2e4rxr8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzgameversion199.117372_042711_091818matchna.rec
Size: 378.18k
Number of downloads: 4
Player Name Side Team
lbode9 1
21emesection 2
Attached File lusvwmg23loss2e4rxr8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzgameversion199.117372_042711_091818matchna.rec
Size: 247.47k
Number of downloads: 4
Player Name Side Team
lbode9 1
Khanz 2

+
# 43Lbode9 Feb 12 2012, 09:01 AM
What do I do about massive infantry blobs? I'm talking like 8 or 9 Panzer Elite units together? I know I should never give my opponent the chance to make so many but with grenades and focus fire there is no way to combat them. I back teched to WSC and got several MG's and a mortar. It helped but all it did was stall the inevitable Panzer IV base rush. In addition to that my opponent in the game posted in this link went Scorched earth doctrine which I do not see happen very often. I know how to listen for the clicks and take my unit away but with that and disabling strat points it makes it hard to repair and get them backup before the massive blob comes back after retreating and reinforcing. I'll tell you what it makes for some fu*king frustrating Sh*t man.

Attached File(s)
Attached File lusvwmg29loss2e4rxr8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzgameversion199.117372_042711_091818matchna.rec
Size: 846.38k
Player Name Side Team
lbode9 1
paino1900paino 2

+
# 44ArtVandlay Feb 13 2012, 22:45 PM
4rax should have ended sooner

Attached File r8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzmatchna.rec
Size: 603.94k
Number of downloads: 3
Player Name Side Team
JPPennypacker 1
EvilStone 2

Size: 713.88k
Player Name Side Team
JPPennypacker 1
PresidentEvil 2

This post has been edited by ArtVandlay: Feb 13 2012, 23:32 PM

Clan: Reborn

+
# 45Lbode9 Feb 14 2012, 04:40 AM
This game vs. the PE started ok. I was able to control the early and mid game but at the higher levels I'm running into an end game with either too much action that I can't macro or I'm doing something wrong. This games end is almost embarrassing. I only lost like 1 mabey 2 units and a M8 the whole game until the final push where he had like 20 VP to my 350 when he cleaned out all my units holding the center and won the game. I had like 4 rifles, 4 Rangers w/ thompsons, 4 AT Guns, 2 or 3 M8's, an FHQ and near the end built a howitzer but still couldn't handle the infantry blobs. If you can review it I would appreciate it.

Attached File(s)
Attached File lusvpeg44loss2e4rxr8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzgameversion199.117372_042711_091818matchna.rec
Size: 912.92k
Number of downloads: 0
Player Name Side Team
lbode9 1
GermanDream 2

+
# 46Lbode9 Feb 15 2012, 10:42 AM
Hey Budwise,

Just dropping in to post another replay. This may be a better representation of my play than the last ones I posted. (Even though those last few have some issues I need to address) I went through to review some of the strategy section on counters and flanking which helped. Things have been going a little better and I'm getting the flank down and able to work a little bit of that CoH magic. Not on every game but the one posted here seemed to be against a decent player level 10+ (even though he neglected to lay mines) and I was able to protect my flanks with mines, take out his armor and keep the game at my pace. I also only allowed a little bit of a push back on my line before I was able to flex back and with the help of a weak off-map combat group and some off-map arty take down Langres a little more tactfully than usual. Anyways I'll get back to some more 1v1 automatch.

Attached File(s)
Attached File lusvwmg49win2e4rxr8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzgameversion199.117372_042711_091818matchna.rec
Size: 603.22k
Player Name Side Team
lbode9 1
Anzacfalcon 2

+
# 47Aleister1 Feb 15 2012, 17:36 PM
Hi mate

Need some help,

My profile name is Aleisterhellier1 I'm USA 1vs1 10 Werm 9 PE 8

Basic match I am 10 brit, USA 11 PE 12 Werm 10

Loving 1vs1 but can't really go further with my ranks! Stayed on the same for ages!

Some help would be amazing I love PE but can't get passed 1vs1 level 8 where as basic match I'm 12

But also help with other faction would be good also enjoy playing USA Werm Brit not to keen on.

I am from uk, I can play Monday, wednesday, thursday and most Saturdays! Evening etc

Been playing for over 2 years and won't be going silent

In return can skill swap science/ excel cv/ covering letters etc

Anyway be great if you could mentor me I want to better
Any help would be great

+
# 48Budwise Feb 15 2012, 19:54 PM
Ive already got my hands full with these two, sorry Aleister.

+
# 49ArtVandlay Feb 16 2012, 23:05 PM
As wehr...

Size: 505.83k
Player Name Side Team
papapitufo12 1
JPPennypacker 2

+
# 50Lbode9 Feb 17 2012, 11:05 AM
U can forget what I said in that PM. (Not the part about wanting to punch my monitor) I just get so frustrated. The last game I played that I am posting in this reply was a drop near the end but it was a good back and forth game on Langres to a player at a decent level. Not an idiot who sits on a red road firing at you repeatedly. I don't care win or lose but I like to enjoy the play I do have and getting killed by a level 10+ player with years of play isn't fun neither is a fast drop because he loses a few units early and cant take on "Americans Overwhelming advantage in this patch." I feel PG has a stronger advantage but it could just be the people I play. Anyways thanks for the help and hope we can review this game in the next few days. I will be on every night coming up but if its too late and I miss you or you're busy we can review it later. Wasn't vs PG but I got to progress from Motorpool to BARs-Nades-Triage and then when he got infantry vet I went to a WSC w/ 3 snipers and a mortar which turned the tide until there was a drop and it was arbitrated in my favor. I don't care about the outcome because it was a really good fun game either way but I think I had him cuz he only had 1 Stuh and a handful of units. While I had 3 AT guns, several MG's, flank mines, early and late map control and 3 snipers with a few veteran BAR'd up riflemen. (Not to mention the VP lead with 2 out of 3 held)

P.S.
1. remind me if you can to ask what counters cloaked/or uncloaked stormtroopers with vet 3. (Jeep to spot?? and snipers)
2. Also how can I make sure my 3 snipers don't shoot the same guy 3 times? (as in will they shoot the exact guy in the unit I click on if I tab them and click a different member of a squad)

Attached File(s)
Attached File kusvwmdrop_but_r8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzgameversion199.117372_042711_091818matchna.rec
Size: 860.92k
Player Name Side Team
kbode9 1
lalaBYE 2

+
# 51ArtVandlay Feb 17 2012, 14:03 PM
Bode...If you highlight your snipers (I usually bind them to a group) and 'Attack Move' rather then select a unit for them to fire at they will target seperate individuals rather then the same individual also if you dont 'Attack Move' they will not fire when you want, causing major headaches.

+
# 52Budwise Feb 17 2012, 14:28 PM
The rule i usually stand by is when you get super frustrated then its time to switch factions for a little while. Perhaps play some Wehr and take a break for a week from Amis and then come back to them fresh.

+
# 53Lbode9 Feb 18 2012, 02:53 AM
Thanks for the tips Art ad Budwise. I think I may play some Wehrmacht and even some PE just to get a better understanding of tactics and counters for both factions. Also with the sniper issue they will just fire at random targets with attack move right. I tend to micro them a lot more and eliminate whole squads if I have 2 or more. They really turn the tide of a game and will force your opponent to retreat more often to avoid losing whole squads, drain a ton of man power and its nice to watch a replay and see your sniper with 20+ kills. Talk to you guys later.

+
# 54Lbode9 Feb 19 2012, 02:02 AM
Here is a game where I switched to Wehrmacht as you suggested. I would like to review it either Saturday, Sunday or Monday whenever you have the time. It was a nice break from focusing on Americans but I still can't believe how much trouble I was having vs. PE. Now that I started back tech-ing and building the WSC and getting snipers after my M8 it seems to help even the score.

Attached File(s)
Attached File dbwwmvuswing1smr8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzgameversion199.117372_042711_091818matchna.rec
Size: 582.22k
Player Name Side Team
xxKarlaKxx 1
DoesntBodeWell 2

+
# 55ArtVandlay Feb 20 2012, 21:55 PM
Wehr

Attached File r8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzgameversion199.117372_042711_091818matchna.rec
Size: 609.28k
Player Name Side Team
salinalin 1
JPPennypacker 2

Size: 436.81k
Player Name Side Team
JPPennypacker 1
WitchfinderGeneral 2

This post has been edited by ArtVandlay: Feb 21 2012, 03:02 AM

+
# 56MMP1 Feb 22 2012, 22:57 PM
QUOTE(Budwise @ Feb 17 2012, 14:28 PM) *

The rule i usually stand by is when you get super frustrated then its time to switch factions for a little while. Perhaps play some Wehr and take a break for a week from Amis and then come back to them fresh.

What happens when you get frustrated with all factions tongue.gif

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 57Lbode9 Feb 23 2012, 11:40 AM
Been going good as far as win to loss ratio back on Americans. I finally figured out I can't win them all. laugh.gif Anyways here is a game I'm posting for review where the guy "dropped" after (Appx. 15 mins - so it wont take long) I had clearly beat him. I'm not gonna say he dropped on purpose because there is no way to tell and things go wrong with connections but I'm sure it was his end if he did. Tried to whisper him after and got the user is offline.

On another note and I think I PM'd you regarding this but do you know of any 2v2 guys at any level who would play a few games with me. To me 2v2 seems like a lot more fun as it creates a larger battle with even greater need for strategy than 1v1. (As in who builds what and what to respond to) Something 1v1 often lacks in head to head. I did post in the 2v2 section and I hope ArtVandalay is interested when he returns from his latex convention this coming weekend. Also is it possible to play 1v2. If so you need to see if the 2 mentees can beat the mentor. Just kidding.

Attached File(s)
Attached File lusvwmg59windrphkr8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzgameversion199.117372_042711_091818matchna.rec
Size: 258.65k
Player Name Side Team
lbode9 1
CNMichaelRM 2

+
# 58Budwise Feb 23 2012, 14:50 PM
Sorry its been a busy week and when i get home ive been kinda to myself. I'll do some more reviews and discussions maybe tonight or on the weekend.

+
# 59Lbode9 Feb 25 2012, 03:27 AM
No worries at all Budwise. I've had a few nights myself where the family has been making it tough to catch up with my usual CoH time and I'm not on until midnight Pacific Standard Time. Got a 9 month old that's teething and learning to throw temper tantrums and driving her mother crazy so don't worry we'll catch up later. I did have a couple questions regarding counters and things maybe you could just post the answers or go over with me when we catch up. I've been doing pretty good at giving PE the run around and making them chase me but my questions are:

1. What are the counters (Hard/soft) for the Panther Battle group tanks, Hetzers and the dreaded Jagdpanther if I went fast M8 with Infantry Doctrine?

2. Do Rangers have any upkeep cost and is it bad to get more than 2? (I tend to eat up MP Reinforcing them)

3. When playing PE and I kill a few units/Armor early to mid game and I have most of my Riflemen, pair of AT Guns and a couple M8s should I rush the base and stomp them? Watching replays I see I miss a lot of opportunities where all they have is a few PG squads and a mortar half-track in their base but I'm sitting defensively capping the middle expecting a push.

4. Should I go for a Tank Depot when facing Armor like in question number 1 when I'm sitting on a ton of fuel instead of calling in Off-Map Battle Groups?

+
# 60ArtVandlay Feb 25 2012, 17:39 PM
US loss...mid game brain freeze.

Size: 719.07k
Number of downloads: 2
Player Name Side Team
pstro23 1
ColdDayInHell 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)