Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Saint-Quentin Remake

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1IplayForKeeps Feb 3 2012, 12:22 PM
IPB Image

Recreated by IplayForKeeps

HOW TO PLAY Map Install Instructions:

- Download the map file and GR_MAPS (save all to desktop)
- Extract the map file
- Start up GR_MAPS and hit "select new maps"
- Navigate to the map file and open
- Click on "put in game" and enjoy! (restart COH if it is running)
- If your playing a new version of the same map be sure to use the "remove maps" tab under GR_MAPS to get rid of the old version of the map, before adding the new version.

Attached File 2p_SaintQuentin.rar
Size: 10.51mb
Number of downloads: 339

* Post feedback/comments after youve played the map.

Current tactical map overlay:
IPB Image

Most recent map screenshots
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This post has been edited by IplayForKeeps: Feb 7 2012, 20:01 PM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Reaper Feb 3 2012, 12:54 PM
Looks interesting. What's with all the snow lol?

+
# 3White_Flash Feb 3 2012, 14:01 PM
another one of m1chis maps eh? very interesting, iplayforkeeps, could you send me any information you have on the map your trying to recreate, im curious, there may be a golden map in there somewhere smile.gif

Clan: Reborn

+
# 4IplayForKeeps Feb 3 2012, 14:33 PM
QUOTE(White_Flash @ Feb 3 2012, 14:01 PM) *

another one of m1chis maps eh? very interesting, iplayforkeeps, could you send me any information you have on the map your trying to recreate, im curious, there may be a golden map in there somewhere smile.gif

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=603681

smile.gif

I remember playing it a bit too so i have a bit of an advantage on that front. His tactical map is mostly what you need cos it's the map layout that counts, most other things are just down to your creativity. I saw a couple of others too i can link you to but all the download links are dead for them, i tried contacting him but he's not active post-13661-1143531603.gif

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=197964

This post has been edited by IplayForKeeps: Feb 3 2012, 14:40 PM

+
# 5White_Flash Feb 3 2012, 14:43 PM
Okayyy.....this is awkward .....Spankyy's La Vierre is almost a carbon copy of M1chis map. http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=862216

+
# 6IplayForKeeps Feb 3 2012, 14:55 PM
QUOTE(White_Flash @ Feb 3 2012, 14:43 PM) *

Okayyy.....this is awkward .....Spankyy's La Vierre is almost a carbon copy of M1chis map. http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=862216

hmm, there's some similarities i see, i think mine is more of a carbon copy though ohmy.gif

+
# 7RunToTheSun Feb 7 2012, 13:23 PM
Ive had quite some games on saint-quentin in the past with my bro and i can say , as far for the look the map looked awsome , i like it atmosphere as it was quite "langres"-style , the sectorlayout was pretty bad tho , as the amo and the fuel on the far outside of the map and the corners were so easy to cutoff , forcing wehr to camp and beeing extremly vulnerable , leaving flanks and the middle to the other player.

This has to be improved in the remake then , as we know now cornersectors + cut-off dont work that well together.
looking forward to see your version keeps

Clan: Allstars

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 8Spankyy Feb 7 2012, 17:41 PM
QUOTE(White_Flash @ Feb 3 2012, 14:43 PM) *

what are you suggesting? that i copy other maps? wacko.gif

Clan: Wheres My Demo

+
# 9White_Flash Feb 7 2012, 17:46 PM
no! frusty.gif nono, the maps are just SO similar in structure its a crazy coincidence, and sort of a blessing because we have his map, in a sense recreated so we can begin testing! w00t.gif thum.gif

This post has been edited by White_Flash: Feb 7 2012, 17:49 PM

+
# 10White_Flash Feb 7 2012, 18:05 PM
i would also like to see what keeps came up with

+
# 11IplayForKeeps Feb 7 2012, 18:24 PM
What kind of sectors would you suggest, i went for a very similar layout because i thought it might be good as brits can actually be cut off now. I have a more or less a ready to go version, maybe it will be best to just release it and see what feedback comes my way?

This post has been edited by IplayForKeeps: Feb 7 2012, 18:32 PM

+
# 12White_Flash Feb 7 2012, 18:35 PM
What id like to see happen is keeps, you release what you have, i want to look at spanky and your maps, because i think they are going to be similar, which isnt a problem. Basically i want to see which map we should pursue, if they are very similar.

We need to keep the big picture in focus, that is, the mapping community is trying to get some very impressive 1v1 maps to compliment the existing ango/sem/lang. The more I see this/spankys map and what it could be, the more I think we have something that will work.

Post it up Keeps. thanks

+
# 13IplayForKeeps Feb 7 2012, 18:52 PM
Here it is:

Attached File 2p_SaintQuentin.rar
Size: 10.51mb
Number of downloads: 339

p.s; changed the weather for runtothesun (Y)

+
# 14White_Flash Feb 7 2012, 19:17 PM
keeps could you post a tac map with the map file, thanks

+
# 15RunToTheSun Feb 7 2012, 19:46 PM
QUOTE(IplayForKeeps @ Feb 7 2012, 20:52 PM) *

p.s; changed the weather for runtothesun (Y)

<3

Clan: Allstars

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 16IplayForKeeps Feb 7 2012, 20:02 PM
Edited OP

+
# 17BartonPL Feb 9 2012, 20:06 PM
looks like my village

+
# 18White_Flash Mar 1 2012, 11:14 AM
hey keeps, noticed that on the loading screenshot it says recreated by you, which looks good, but there needs to be something there that says designed by m1chi or something to that effect. just a thought, give credit where credit is due. smile.gif

+
# 19EazyDuzIt Mar 3 2012, 22:17 PM
I'm new to the map downloading process, how do you change the format of .rar to .sga? I'm trying to download some of these maps and some are in the .rar. All these maps look awesome. smile.gif

+
# 20AmiPolizeiFunk Mar 4 2012, 01:15 AM
That animated windmill is so crazy! I laughed at the blades coming through your screen right in front of your face. The windmill actually collapsed in the game between KA & Chains.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)