Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

UPDATE: US vs. PE educational replays

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Kwinno Feb 8 2012, 12:41 PM
Hey guys,

Okay, so it's been a while since the Request for Replays vs PE-thread started, and as some of you may already have noticed, I took the liberty of downloading all these replays and putting them into one replay pack. The result was a pack of 50 replays that, truth be told, was a bit messy. Also, in the meantime, 16 more replays have been added in said thread, all of which are good for people to watch, should they suffer against PE. And given the sheer amount of "need-help-vs.PE"-topics being made in the American section, I daresay it's a good thing to give this some new attention.

Alright, so what exactly did I do?

Well, I took all those replays and sorted them out by maps. Now, given the changes that occur in the automatch rotation, I cannot guarantee that there will be replays of all the maps. For instance, Flooded Plains has no replays, and neither does Industrial Riverbed. Since these maps are either not in rotation for very long (Flooded Plains) or usually get unticked by either player (Industrial Riverbed), I don't think it's that big a deal.

Besides sorting the replays out by map, I entered all of them in COHRA, the replay analyzer. In doing so, I singled out the units produced by the American player. I took this build order and renamed the replay to it. This way, you can tell from the file exactly what map and build order have been used. You can use this to filter out replays you do or don't want to see. So for instance, if you want to see a 4 engineer into Barracks into Motor Pool build on a specific map, you can simply go to the folder of the map you want to see it on and see if there's a replay, which will be named [Mapname]4ESRax. I had to give the replays numbers 'cause of multiple replays with similar builds.

Slight note: I may have made some mistakes, but the process was rather painstaking, and re-watching 66 replays just to see if I got the build order right is ludacris.

Another good thing about this new structure is that any replays added to the replay thread after this, can be very easily added to the pack, which I can simply re-upload when there's a good amount of new replays to be added.

So there you have it. I hope you guys enjoy and learn from this.

Attached File(s)
Attached File PE_Replays.rar
Size: 10.07mb
Number of downloads: 1227

Clan: Wheres My Demo

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2AlphaFisherman Feb 8 2012, 12:53 PM
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. You deserve a medal buddy, thankyou for this I am sure it will help alot of people (including myself) alot! thumb.gif

+
# 3´SmokeY Mar 8 2012, 18:51 PM
This is under appreciated. Thanks Kwinno, fantastic job.

+
# 4Kwinno Mar 12 2012, 15:41 PM
QUOTE(´SmokeY @ Mar 8 2012, 19:51 PM) *

This is under appreciated. Thanks Kwinno, fantastic job.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I also appreciate the bump :]

+
# 5SavageNation Mar 13 2012, 08:09 AM
Very nice Kwinno, i as most here would like to Thank You for the effort you put into the pack.

+
# 6Wololo Mar 18 2012, 22:47 PM
Thanks for the upload, worth watching tbh

+
# 7Flacito Apr 23 2012, 20:41 PM
Thanks dude! This helped me a lot.

+
# 8Vivalorian Apr 24 2012, 10:44 AM
QUOTE(AlphaFisherman @ Feb 8 2012, 20:53 PM) *

You, sir, are the quintessential gentleman and the most profoundly intelligent scholar.

+
# 9BergBewohner Oct 11 2012, 10:11 AM
God, I cannot tell you how happy I am to see those replays. In some games vs. PE I really didn't know what to do sad.gif

So really thanks Kwinno biggrin.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)