Battle for Middle Earth

Vs Rohan using a creep start/fast ent rush

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Gangrel Feb 9 2012, 12:40 PM
Only replays I can link you are these vs Ketis, he really seems to master this technique smoothless.

What should I do in early? What should I do when the entmoot is build? (Normally I will have 3 full upped knights + faramir with statue), but cause of his fast creeping I usually got either 2 knights full upped or 3 with only blades.

He follows up with theo + his ups or Ara and its GG.

replays:

Attached File 00000014.rep
Size: 42.48k
Number of downloads: 10
Player Name Side Team
ketis* 0
Gangrel 0
Attached File 00000015.rep
Size: 48.24k
Number of downloads: 8
Player Name Side Team
Gangrel 0
ketis* 0

+
# 2Amateur`Hour Feb 9 2012, 19:16 PM
If he creeps u should too, the game i watched (the second one) you tried creeping with only soldiers but it failed post-13661-1143531603.gif normally they could get the top two creeps. You had hobbit cloaked at the close farm which was good, since you know hes going ents try and keep a horse with ups at the other farm spot or even early faramir.

Clan: Vip3rs

Game: League of Legends

+
# 3StiWie` Feb 9 2012, 22:27 PM
Hi

Early game just defend vs peassy spam, then one time horses out you start creep and fight for MC-
Get blades as fast you can-
When you see ent moot start to do 2/3 statue and Fara-
You need 3-4 horses with blades (2-3 fighting ents; 1-2 keeping MC), armor useles at moment so save money (Ents kill of 1 hit even with armor)
One time ents gone he will come to you with teo and ups horses, get Armor now and after upgrade your knights do as many towers as you can-
Focus towers on teo and use WA on him- then rohirrim withoud ld will go back
Get shields
If you see 3-4 towers enough to defend dont do more and start to save for GtW

Some reps:

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...t&p=9031611
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...t&p=9025270

This post has been edited by StiWie`: Feb 10 2012, 16:22 PM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 4Gangrel Feb 9 2012, 23:40 PM
Thanks for the feedback, but remember this time I knew he was going to do the creep start. If I would play "normal" and expect a pessy rush he would already have 2 creeps down before I manage to harrash his pessy's or creep myself.

+
# 5Lianta Feb 9 2012, 23:53 PM
Just sent pippin to stop his creep, if you cant creep, he cant.

Clan: Sons of Elendil

+
# 6StiWie` Feb 10 2012, 01:45 AM
Well if you vs Rohan send hobb by middle and try to find them, wait some secs and if peassys dont arrive you then creep with your 2 soldier (its a bit hard)-

+
# 7 Omerta` Feb 10 2012, 07:22 AM
Pippin>fill with 6 bs then the rest farm>sw>laser towers(del sw)>towers>marketplace>trebs trebs trebs.

even tho this is joke version (u need horses lol) i highly reccommend any general variations of this.

+
# 8minjung Feb 10 2012, 12:00 PM
QUOTE(`Ra @ Feb 10 2012, 07:22 AM) *

Pippin>fill with 6 bs then the rest farm>sw>laser towers(del sw)>towers>marketplace>trebs trebs trebs.

even tho this is joke version (u need horses lol) i highly reccommend any general variations of this.

.As time goes by, you will learn to be more subtle in these kind of posts. You still have a long way to go though.

Clan: LeGenD`

+
# 9Unikorn Feb 10 2012, 16:16 PM
QUOTE(Gangrel @ Feb 9 2012, 14:40 PM) *

Only replays I can link you are these vs Ketis, he really seems to master this technique smoothless.

What should I do in early? What should I do when the entmoot is build? (Normally I will have 3 full upped knights + faramir with statue), but cause of his fast creeping I usually got either 2 knights full upped or 3 with only blades.

3 Knights with blades should be enough tbh. Get 2 statues and fara, ur bladed knights will kill ents in no time with stat ld and fara's WA takes just a tad under half of their health away. Killing ents should get you pp for elves to defend against additional rushes. Then just get armor and shields and 4 horses and wait for gtw.

+
# 10hardidildy Feb 10 2012, 17:00 PM
QUOTE(`Ra @ Feb 10 2012, 07:22 AM) *

Build towers before you delete SW, 20% discount

+
# 11Unikorn Feb 10 2012, 17:06 PM
QUOTE(hardidildy @ Feb 10 2012, 19:00 PM) *

The 3v3 players have spoken.

+
# 12 Omerta` Feb 10 2012, 20:35 PM
QUOTE(hardidildy @ Feb 10 2012, 09:00 AM) *

good point.

+
# 13RaGe` Feb 10 2012, 23:21 PM
Nah you can't say that, often its a good idea to drop sw asap after u purchased the upgrades to get fast money, if you build lets say 4 towers you would save 600, but you lose about 2400 and the 700 from the sw.
Often you won't need towers right away.

+
# 14Amateur`Hour Feb 10 2012, 23:43 PM
No need for towers or wall upgrade, just get the gate

+
# 15minjung Feb 11 2012, 12:38 PM
QUOTE(Amateur`Hour @ Feb 10 2012, 23:43 PM) *

No need for towers or wall upgrade, just get the gate

I build SW to get a discount on postern gates and walltrebs, fuck upgrades

Clan: LeGenD`

+
# 16Amateur`Hour Feb 11 2012, 19:11 PM
QUOTE(minjung @ Feb 11 2012, 12:38 PM) *

I build SW to get a discount on postern gates and walltrebs, fuck upgrades

This mans a visionary

+
# 17Darksteel Jan 28 2014, 19:17 PM
QUOTE(Unikorn @ Feb 10 2012, 18:16 PM) *

3 Knights with blades should be enough tbh. Get 2 statues and fara, ur bladed knights will kill ents in no time with stat ld and fara's WA takes just a tad under half of their health away. Killing ents should get you pp for elves to defend against additional rushes. Then just get armor and shields and 4 horses and wait for gtw.

I 've seen quite some replays now and it is true that almost everyone builds 2 statues one towards the ents and the other towards the opposite side of the base. What is the reason for building 2? Do their leaderships stack? Or just to have one spare in case the other gets destroyed.

Also another question against rohan. What is the counter to mass rohirim archers with theoden+glorious charge and some normal rohirims?

+
# 18Amateur`Hour Jan 28 2014, 21:16 PM
QUOTE(Darksteel @ Jan 28 2014, 19:17 PM) *

I 've seen quite some replays now and it is true that almost everyone builds 2 statues one towards the ents and the other towards the opposite side of the base. What is the reason for building 2? Do their leaderships stack? Or just to have one spare in case the other gets destroyed.

Also another question against rohan. What is the counter to mass rohirim archers with theoden+glorious charge and some normal rohirims?

The leadership doesn't stack, most players build two because the one up front dies very fast if focused.

If rohan gets mass horse archers gc/eomer leadership theres not much gondor can do but try and fight for map control dodging fights and hope to get more powerpoints, if it gets to that point gondor can probably have a base full of trebs anyways and there's not much rohan can do about that outside aod

+
# 19Darksteel Jan 29 2014, 11:30 AM
QUOTE(Amateur`Hour @ Jan 28 2014, 23:16 PM) *

The leadership doesn't stack, most players build two because the one up front dies very fast if focused.

If rohan gets mass horse archers gc/eomer leadership theres not much gondor can do but try and fight for map control dodging fights and hope to get more powerpoints, if it gets to that point gondor can probably have a base full of trebs anyways and there's not much rohan can do about that outside aod

Thanks for clearing it up.

Thing is I played a match where i managed to get full map control plus an outpost where i started building trebs, and I had 4 FU horse bats. But he was just coming out with GC destroying my trebs, some horses and retreating back to his base. What should be my best course of action at that moment. Making TGs? Or maybe rangers(they focus/kill theoden quite fast)

So Gondor doesn't have a direct counter to rohirim archers? Like rangers or tower guards(although the first can be trampled and the second just be avoided.

Maybe tower guards with trebs? Or rangers with trebs

This post has been edited by Darksteel: Jan 29 2014, 13:44 PM

+
# 20sueffkopp Jan 29 2014, 11:42 AM
Trebs and combos are best against Rohirrim Archers. Towerguards are very hard to kill with RA, they survive a lot of arrows with some armor LD. But leaving your castle and fighting is more risky than simply stay in the base and wait for Powerpoints. Also when Rohan has a Theoden on level 4 its dangerous. Combos could get destroyed.
If not, then there is not buch that can stop a Gondor army with knights, Gtw, 4 Combos, and some trebs.

Game: None

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)