Battlefield 3

Caspian Border Conquest Guide

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1shugyosha Feb 10 2012, 11:16 AM
Discuss this guide and suggest the next map/game mode to cover. Here is the related Battlelog topic.

This post has been edited by shugyosha: Feb 10 2012, 11:42 AM

Game: None

+
# 2rofltehcat Feb 13 2012, 18:03 PM
Good guide. Although I don't really know what to do with Caspain Border.

I both like and dislike aspects of it:
++ I really like the style, it looks great!
+ There is some good infantry vs. vehicles fun to be had on the map
- it feels a bit unbalanced sometimes. It is simply asymmetrical
- it is too open in some areas, especially the exits from the two bases
-- attracts too many (useless) snipers and thanks to the map design they are even more useless than on all the other maps attracting them

I generally prefer infantry warfare but I'm ok with vehicles and caspian border often feels quite ok. I just wish that the bases were closer to the other points and that maybe the center of the map was a bit larger with a larger forest area and overall maybe 1-2 points more.
For some reason I also dislike the checkpoint although the idea of having one is pretty cool. It should just be in the middle of the map and the border fence shouldn't be so inconsistent. Some of its parts can be destroyed by knife, others require explosives and some parts are not traversible by vehicles... not because of tank traps or anything but because there are rocks that stop even tanks, especially if they only look 30 cm out of the ground!

I don't know where I heard it, but one reviewer once said that some parts of BF3 were just designed to show off (and sell) its engine. It sometimes feels like this is at least true for this map. I think it could have been much more awesome with a little more focus on making it a really good and well balanced map instead of just a pretty one.

+
# 3dunk2k Feb 15 2012, 22:01 PM
For players not familiar with Caspian in Conquest mode, or players who don't play it often - this is a great bit of reccy wink.gif

Game: Battlefield 3

+
# 4Maniek Feb 23 2012, 23:13 PM
good read

+
# 5Bardman Feb 24 2012, 06:32 AM
Nice one. Its tough for me to comment as playing console I have only played this with 4 flags and it doesn't play quite the same as the guide IMO. With no Antenna flag, you tend to circle Forest, Gas Station, and Checkpoint in vehicles (or just go backwards and forwards between Gas Station and Checkpoint).

A few suggestions for the next guide:

- I would use the maps from Advanced Tactical Center (www.playprepared.com) as they have all the vehicle and fixed position items labelled on them (I attach an example below)
- I would use Conquest small rather than Conquest large, as with Conquest large you are reducing your audience to just PC players only
- It would be interesting to see some "opening moves" suggestions for each of the sides. ie as the Russians you might make a full tank and air push to Checkpoint to stall the Americans there whilst your jeeps race and quickly cap the other flags and start getting an early bleed etc.

Attached Image

+
# 6Bardman Feb 24 2012, 06:35 AM
QUOTE(Bardman @ Feb 24 2012, 16:32 PM) *

- I would use the maps from Advanced Tactical Center (www.playprepared.com) as they have all the vehicle and fixed position items labelled on them

It also has some simple tools for marking up the maps with lines and text to demonstrate what you are describing.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)