Dawn of War 2

So whats the deal with crackshot?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21texaneous Feb 13 2012, 16:14 PM
QUOTE(Rokco @ Feb 13 2012, 08:14 AM) *

The FC global buff was only really good for Libby. And then it was too good.
With all other SM units (except ASM with Melta) you will get either the ranged damage buff, or the melee resist buff. You won't get both because you can't fire while in melee.

With Libby and ASM with with Melta Bomb you can do a devastating smite/melta bomb and then use the melee resist when you are melee.

For all other units it was hardly a buff because they would get one or the other.

I really don't think you're understanding how effective FTE is in t1.

Here's how you do it ok?
1) cast FTE on tacs
2) tacs get ranged boost to shoot down melee units that counter them (because ranged units dont counter tacs effectively)
3) tacs combine their normal melee resist with their bonus 25% melee resist and beat the shit out of whatever was trying to counter them
4) FC comes in and uses battlecry to further tip the scales / massacre the melee on your tacs
5) engagement won, SM snowball rolls on

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 22GuruSkippy Feb 13 2012, 16:22 PM
QUOTE(texaneous @ Feb 13 2012, 18:14 PM) *

Here's how you do it ok?
1) cast FTE on tacs
2) tacs get ranged boost to shoot down melee units that counter them (because ranged units dont counter tacs effectively)
3) tacs combine their normal melee resist with their bonus 25% melee resist and beat the shit out of whatever was trying to counter them
4) FC comes in and uses battlecry to further tip the scales / massacre the melee on your tacs

tex, it's too much complicated for SMs.
I don't even know why you try xD

(oh and FTE can be 'hide' with FC war cry, but still too hard to understand for SMs)
1644 1781 1412

+
# 23Punch Manchunk Feb 13 2012, 17:35 PM
QUOTE(texaneous @ Feb 13 2012, 16:14 PM) *

Here's how you do it ok?
1) cast FTE on tacs

What are you saying?! SM players can actually use T1 globals to win T1 engagements? How preposterous! You know fully well that the only global that exists for SM players are terminator call ins.

+
# 24ook Feb 13 2012, 18:08 PM
I like the ven dread...
1296 1319 1407

+
# 25Rokco Feb 13 2012, 18:21 PM
QUOTE(texaneous @ Feb 13 2012, 16:14 PM) *

Here's how you do it ok?
1) cast FTE on tacs

OK, you are right of course, I just haven't had much time to play around with it seeing as I don't play much FC anymore. And unless I'm playing vs Eldar or RA or maybe Ork, 50 red is a lot for Tier 1, seeing as a I don't want to lose any models. Unless I get a successful genbash off for that 40 red.
1040 1062 1147

+
# 26ChopperMcChop Feb 13 2012, 19:15 PM
Ye i pretty much got what i wanted you can close this topic now,it starts to be alot more than it should be like most topics i see....Thx for all the info and help.
1189 ... ...

+
# 27Cyridius Feb 14 2012, 21:07 PM
QUOTE(Bors Mistral @ Feb 13 2012, 14:59 PM) *

TM default: 35DPS/60HP
K-Nob: 35/70
Mek: 24/42
WSE: 24/40

Saw this and had to point out.

Your DPS values don't matter for shit concerning WSE. The problem isn't his flat DPS, it's the fact it comes out in a burst allowing for ridiculous sudden damage that people can't react to. That's the exact same problem with the WS squad.

If the burst was constant, or rather phased out similar to TM if you want to use that example, then it would be fine. It doesn't help that the WSE teleports on top of this.

Concerning FtE;

Consider that DPS values on squads for SM are often lower than other races. % based damage buffs are considerably less valuable to them. Very useful for melee though, as Tex mentioned. Thing is, in most cases, Tacs will win anyways with or without FtE, FtE guarantees it however. I never hesitate to melee with Tacs, sometimes I make a bad judgement call and it will lose me the squad(The reason why I never melee banshees unless with Sgt. + Shotties or TSKNF). In T1, Tacs don't need to fear any melee units other than Shees. T1.5 they have to contend with AC Tics, Stormboyz and ASMs, ofc. And if the Ork player is smart and sees that I love me some melee tacs, flamers on his Sluggas.
1124 1142 1152

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 28ook Feb 15 2012, 02:43 AM
Flamers iz always a bad buy for nething but burning power t1. I said it in another thread but if ur facing the force melee tac go with the shoota nob and laugh as the nob shows that melee resist ain't all that. An ave a taste don't hurt either.

And of course the burnas only increases their dps vs the heavy armors by 10%, burnas really should do more dmg in melee to start than the standard choppa.

This post has been edited by ook: Feb 15 2012, 02:46 AM
1296 1319 1407

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)