Battlefield 3

Better base defenses for aircraft

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Bardman Feb 21 2012, 00:52 AM
Ok, lets flip this argument the other way.

Is there any possible reason why better base defenses for aircraft is a bad idea? What I'm suggesting is enough defense to allow you to get your aicraft in the air - range should not extend beyond that. Is there any valid reason for not having this? I'd like to hear it.

Again, if you are the better team, this should make no difference as you will win anyway if this protection is afforded, you will just be denied some cheap kills.

For the comments RE why stay in a game if being base raped - being aircraft base raped does not necessarily mean you are losing the game. Take Noshahr conquest small. The US little birds can camp the Russian Heli quite easily, but this in no way implies that the US are dominating the game, as the Russian Heli spawns ridiculously far away from the Russian base and the objectives, and has no protection.

Game: Battlefield 3

+
# 22Kodiakk Feb 21 2012, 03:19 AM
If the helis are camping your air, that means they're not killing your guys on the ground, the is no real reason this should be changed.
From my personal experience, if an enemy is in their AA turret I stay away.

Clan: Tools of War

Game: Bad Company 2

+
# 23yams in a can Feb 22 2012, 03:05 AM
But all it would take is one chopper to hold of near all of a team's vehicles. I personally think more AA will NOT help, as the AA is near useless against jets, and 1 AA is enough for helicopters.

+
# 24Kodiakk Feb 22 2012, 22:17 PM
You make it sound like people on the ground are useless in this situation.

Clan: Tools of War

Game: Bad Company 2

+
# 25yams in a can Feb 22 2012, 23:40 PM
When the other team still has access to their tanks, and vehicles, YES.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)