Dota 2

Please improve the quality of your coverage (DR Brawl)

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1fritzzz Feb 19 2012, 15:02 PM
Hi Guys,

I really love watching and playing DotA2. I follow almost all major DotA2 tournaments at the moment. First of all I want to thank you for providing us with good teams and a considerable prize pool, but what does it matter if you can't enjoy these games?

-Information/scheduling on streams:
There is so little information on your website regarding your matches and its streams. Sometimes there is a stream, sometimes someone else streams (no annoucement) or noone streams at all. Especially today, I woke up early to watch the game AL - mouz and of course there was no official stream. I had to browse other sites to get hold of a shitty secondary stream.

-the guy controling the camera:
I think the guy is called "holyftw" or something. I really don't mind if he misses some of the action when there are simultanious ganks on top and bot or a unexpected firstblood. But this guy seems to be mentally somewhere else throughout the whole game. Either he misses whole teamfights with many kills while there is nothing else going on or he just goes afk for several minutes at the end of a game (happend in a game of team fire, where the camera was just idle and you couldn't follow the last deciding team battle). Furthermore he seems to have no awareness of what is important and what is not. For example when mirana shoots an arrow he rather watches mirana than following the arrow and it's predicted target.

-no sync between commentating and camera
The commentators are always talking about something you can't see.

-biased commentating towards US teams
I have no problem when the commentators favor a team more than the other, but at least TRY to stay objective when you broadcast the games. I just remember a game where "It's Gosu" played and one of the commentators constantly yelled "HUGGGGGGGEEEEE PLAYSSS" etc when it really was not that spectacular. Everyone in the chat was complaining about that. And don't get me wrong here, I have nothing against US teams, in fact they really improved the meta game.

I hope you will do something about that, it's a shame that such a potentially good tournament has such a poor coverage. I, for myself, won't watch any of your games live anymore, it's just not worth the time.

+
# 2kustodian Feb 20 2012, 23:45 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions thumb.gif

We appreciate all feedback and we will try to improve in all fields in the future to bring you the best possible coverage.

Clan: HotOPS

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 3Azzu Feb 21 2012, 15:22 PM
I agree completely with the schedule and organization point of fritzzz.

I want to go through two scenarios. First pretend it's the 18th february again. I just watched a part of the Final Four Day 2 games and I want to know when Day 3 will be.
1.) I go to www.dota2replays.com (which forwards me to www.gamereplays.org/dota2) I take a glance at the menu bar, and wow, there is a button called "tournaments" and if I hover over it, I see the tournament I want, Dota2replays Brawl! Awesome, I think, so I click on that. There sure has to be information there somewhere. I scroll down to "Tournament Schedule" and see "Final Four Finals 18-19 February". Nice, so Day 3 will be tomorrow. But when is it? I can click on the other schedule buttons, and it takes me to a news post. Maybe they just didn't link the button? Nope, the latest post is "Brawl Final Four Day 2 set for Saturday!". Shit. I don't know what to do now.

2.) I go to www.joindota.com, take a glance to the right, see the tournament tab "DR Brawl" where someone somehow knew the time of the next match and put it there.

IMO, when you're hosting a tournament, the main page (www.gamereplays.org/dota2) should somehow be updated so that a small bracket or whatever the format is should be visible, with every matchup listed, previous results clickable with spoilers (and clickable for VOD link), and upcoming matches marked with the time they will be played (with a clickable stream link).

Game: Dota 2

+
# 4kustodian Feb 21 2012, 15:41 PM
QUOTE(Azzu @ Feb 21 2012, 16:22 PM) *

I agree completely with the schedule and organization point of fritzzz.

I want to go through two scenarios. First pretend it's the 18th february again. I just watched a part of the Final Four Day 2 games and I want to know when Day 3 will be.
1.) I go to www.dota2replays.com (which forwards me to www.gamereplays.org/dota2) I take a glance at the menu bar, and wow, there is a button called "tournaments" and if I hover over it, I see the tournament I want, Dota2replays Brawl! Awesome, I think, so I click on that. There sure has to be information there somewhere. I scroll down to "Tournament Schedule" and see "Final Four Finals 18-19 February". Nice, so Day 3 will be tomorrow. But when is it? I can click on the other schedule buttons, and it takes me to a news post. Maybe they just didn't link the button? Nope, the latest post is "Brawl Final Four Day 2 set for Saturday!". Shit. I don't know what to do now.

2.) I go to www.joindota.com, take a glance to the right, see the tournament tab "DR Brawl" where someone somehow knew the time of the next match and put it there.

IMO, when you're hosting a tournament, the main page (www.gamereplays.org/dota2) should somehow be updated so that a small bracket or whatever the format is should be visible, with every matchup listed, previous results clickable with spoilers (and clickable for VOD link), and upcoming matches marked with the time they will be played (with a clickable stream link).

Day 3 isn't scheduled yet, so the time which is on joindota isn't confirmed yet. We will know the exact time during the day. When we know the exact time, which should be soon we will announce it on www.dota2replays.org and there will be a countdown time on the right side.

I do agree that we should keep the Brawl tournament page up-to-date with all the latest info, so that everything is at one place and we will keep that in mind for our future events and make that page the place with all the latest information about the tourney.

+
# 5Azzu Feb 21 2012, 17:07 PM
QUOTE(kustodian @ Feb 21 2012, 15:41 PM) *

Day 3 isn't scheduled yet, so the time which is on joindota isn't confirmed yet. We will know the exact time during the day. When we know the exact time, which should be soon we will announce it on www.dota2replays.org and there will be a countdown time on the right side.

I do agree that we should keep the Brawl tournament page up-to-date with all the latest info, so that everything is at one place and we will keep that in mind for our future events and make that page the place with all the latest information about the tourney.

What are you talking about? http://www.gamereplays.org/dota2/portals.p...;news_id=866620 I thought Sunday was Day 3, and Saturday was Day 2. (Would make sense to count 2 different days biggrin.gif)

I was talking about a hypothetical situation that could have happened last saturday, not about a lack of scheduling of the grand final. (Though at least a notice that the grand final will be scheduled in near future would be good)

This post has been edited by Azzu: Feb 21 2012, 17:11 PM

Game: Dota 2

+
# 6kustodian Feb 21 2012, 19:16 PM
QUOTE(Azzu @ Feb 21 2012, 18:07 PM) *

What are you talking about? http://www.gamereplays.org/dota2/portals.p...;news_id=866620 I thought Sunday was Day 3, and Saturday was Day 2. (Would make sense to count 2 different days biggrin.gif)

I was talking about a hypothetical situation that could have happened last saturday, not about a lack of scheduling of the grand final. (Though at least a notice that the grand final will be scheduled in near future would be good)

I wasn't here the whole last week, so don't count on my day counting to be correct laugh.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)