Dawn of War 2

3.19.1 flaws

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Tarik Torgaddon Feb 21 2012, 00:11 AM
lol @ your idea of balance being my unit must beat his unit in a one on one melee brawl.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 22^L3gion^ Feb 21 2012, 00:15 AM
You should re read my post i never said "my" banshees

banshees=dedicated melee
catachans=rambo
1584 1623 1829

+
# 23Cursed Feb 21 2012, 00:20 AM
Just gonna repost this cause im afraid it'll get lost in the edit of my previous post! tongue.gif

Ideally, what I'd like to see would be a gear swapping mechanic on catachans, which would be free to use, but it would take 15 seconds or so to swap the weapons. You'd have two options.
1. All five models all having shotguns like they ones 4 of them currently have and the good melee DPs.
2. Up to 4 of them would swap their shotguns for nade launchers a-la heretics to counter buildings and setup teams. At the same time the models that have the nade launchers would loose their high melee damage and would only do very very moderate amounts (think along the lines of nade tic level DPs in melee). And also, the 5th model that doesn't have the nade launcher keeps the shottie and high melee DPs. This way they would counter buildings and setups but would be venerable to being melee'd.

I'd propose this as an ability they have when you buy them first. It has no cooldown and the weapons switch takes 15 seconds to prevent being jumped and then instantly changing to a melee load out.

It'd be a nice addition methinks.
1399 1392 1529

+
# 24Carnevour Feb 21 2012, 00:57 AM
Its fine srsly l2adapt. IG vs Eldar was already a hard MU because Eldar got trolled by 0 power T2 of IG now at least you will see a 60 power investment from an IG.
1611 1577 1776

+
# 25Newprimus Feb 21 2012, 01:35 AM
QUOTE(Carnevour @ Feb 20 2012, 16:57 PM) *

Its fine srsly l2adapt. IG vs Eldar was already a hard MU because Eldar got trolled by 0 power T2 of IG now at least you will see a 60 power investment from an IG.

That makes no sense. If IG can already troll Eldar with no power and if that aspect hasn't changed with the new patch, it means IG are STILL trolling Eldar with no power, it's just that if they elect to do so they can troll even harder with the new catas.

+
# 26Ekko Tek Feb 21 2012, 03:18 AM
I think his point is that by making catas more enticing to buy, IG would no longer be doing a 0 power build. It kinda begs the question though as to why they would do that when they didn't need to before. The change to catachans doesn't really affect the IG-Eldar game that much tbh. Eldar wasn't that interested in melee vs. IG to begin with and everything else in their roster still shoots catachans to death.
1384 1614 1803

+
# 27Dark Riku Feb 21 2012, 03:24 AM
QUOTE(Ekko Tek @ Feb 21 2012, 05:18 AM) *

....and everything else in their roster still shoots catachans to death.

Like what? _O
I don't see anything that will outrange dps the catas.
1719 1901 2253

+
# 28HARRYY Feb 21 2012, 07:44 AM
IG doesnt troll eldar hard anymore. people just need to L2P eldar.
Havent played CATS + LG yet and I doubt I will, but: medkit NEEDS a nerf. it was to foresee, now it's here.
Further, due to damage inconsistency: catachans need their melee damage FIXED, and according to Kolaris, their ranged damage FIXED ("restored") as well.

Let's hope bC is not 2busy@being cool.
1626 1212 ...

+
# 29Jaigen Feb 21 2012, 07:48 AM
QUOTE(^L3gion^ @ Feb 21 2012, 00:09 AM) *

Ive seen a catachan squad kill a banshee squad in melee not my shees lol without use of explosive shot
catachans had sergeant def not sure if they had demo man
and the banshee squad had aspect and exarch both squads had practically full hp.They wiped the banshees.
Sounds balanced.

Their an anti melee unit. so why do you use melee units against them. And why do you use banshees against ig anyways.

+
# 30SirDance Feb 21 2012, 08:05 AM
QUOTE(Jaigen @ Feb 21 2012, 07:48 AM) *

Their an anti melee unit. so why do you use melee units against them. And why do you use banshees against ig anyways.

More like they are an anti-everhything unit:

anti HI-power melee damage, crazy ranged dps, ranged KB against hwt and approaching melee squads, stealth detection, bombs and improved bombs, smoke grenades, stealth and melta AV come T2.

Also, they come with an undying sergeant, yay.

+
# 31slother Feb 21 2012, 08:41 AM
QUOTE(SirDance @ Feb 21 2012, 08:05 AM) *

More like they are an anti-everhything unit:

anti HI-power melee damage, crazy ranged dps, ranged KB against hwt and approaching melee squads, stealth detection, bombs and improved bombs, smoke grenades, stealth and melta AV come T2.

Also, they come with an undying sergeant, yay.

And thats why we seen them so often pre-patch, every IG player rushed for them smile.gif
... 1338 1614

+
# 32^L3gion^ Feb 21 2012, 09:02 AM
QUOTE(Jaigen Today @ 07:48 AM)

Il say it again for the second time re read my post(the one you quoted)
I never said my banshees it was a 3vs3 game my allies had shees
id never get banshees vs eldar thats auto gg he had to get shees sm/chaos at his side.
Yes they are anti melee but they never even had to use an aility like explosive shot to drive off the banshees.
this is like scouts killing a banshee squad outright in melee lol.

Now its like there a must buy for ig.
simply put there op atm.
The mere fact that your denied to build melee squads vs ig unless you want to lose is gamebreaking imo.
1584 1623 1829

+
# 33SirDance Feb 21 2012, 09:11 AM
QUOTE(slother @ Feb 21 2012, 08:41 AM) *

And thats why we seen them so often pre-patch, every IG player rushed for them smile.gif

You haven't seen them pre patch for various reasons:

-Ig players didn't really need them, GM and Sent with hero could carry them to t2 no prob with little to no cost in terms of power
-Their upkeep and cost was too high compared to their usefulness, it was much better to rush t2 for better things
-The patch notes are incorrect, they got an huge dps boost, also their upkeep is stupidly low now since they have a lower pop size
-Pre-patch it was very easy to bleed them, and considering their high cost to reinforce noone used them.

There you have it.

+
# 34Gokkel Feb 21 2012, 10:33 AM
Well, did someone try it out now if the Catachan Shotguns really do now more damage? I read on this forum that they actually didn't change it as it was said in the change log. If they really changed it then they do now a ton more damage, if not they still do the same.

+
# 35Carnevour Feb 21 2012, 10:45 AM
Srsly people in this game cant handle nothing. Everything that gives a bit of pressure on your micro is OP and should be nerfed.

They do the same amount of damage its just that the 5 man squad has been brought to the dps of 7 man squad.

This post has been edited by Carnevour: Feb 21 2012, 10:50 AM
1611 1577 1776

+
# 36Jaigen Feb 21 2012, 11:41 AM
QUOTE(^L3gion^ @ Feb 21 2012, 09:02 AM) *

Il say it again for the second time re read my post(the one you quoted)
I never said my banshees it was a 3vs3 game my allies had shees
id never get banshees vs eldar thats auto gg he had to get shees sm/chaos at his side.
Yes they are anti melee but they never even had to use an aility like explosive shot to drive off the banshees.
this is like scouts killing a banshee squad outright in melee lol.

Now its like there a must buy for ig.
simply put there op atm.
The mere fact that your denied to build melee squads vs ig unless you want to lose is gamebreaking imo.

Anti melee defeating a melee unit working as intended. BTW they did this before the patch.

+
# 37Tsototar Feb 21 2012, 11:44 AM
QUOTE(^L3gion^ @ Feb 21 2012, 08:09 AM) *

Ive seen a catachan squad kill a banshee squad in melee

same here. it's a bit too much - I know it's supposed to be a bunch of Rambos with big freaking knives, but they should still lose to Space Elves With Power Swords

... 1365 1048

+
# 38Dark Riku Feb 21 2012, 11:50 AM
QUOTE(Gokkel @ Feb 21 2012, 12:33 PM) *

Well, did someone try it out now if the Catachan Shotguns really do now more damage? I read on this forum that they actually didn't change it as it was said in the change log. If they really changed it then they do now a ton more damage, if not they still do the same.

Yes, Caeltos and me did. It's hilarious. Each volley does a fuckton of dmg.
They can even beat termis on their own with lolsy CL abilities support.

QUOTE(Carnevour @ Feb 21 2012, 12:45 PM) *

Srsly people in this game cant handle nothing. Everything that gives a bit of pressure on your micro is OP and should be nerfed.

They do the same amount of damage its just that the 5 man squad has been brought to the dps of 7 man squad.

NO. This is not true. bC fucked up big time(trademark bC) and gave them a major buff.
1719 1901 2253

+
# 39Brichals Feb 21 2012, 11:57 AM
QUOTE(Gokkel @ Feb 21 2012, 10:33 AM) *

If you watch the Rambo is Op now replay over in that section you can see that the shotguns are doing very high damage to SMs. About 2 volleys from double Cata and its a squad wipe. Even retreating force commander is just mowed down instantly. I am not used to seeing SM HP bars go down so fast to ranged fire. To be fair the IG player was really good but it still looked odd. Of course SM can outrange the catas and use cover but it's not always a 1 squad vs 1 squad encounter.

Apparently Kolaris has looked into the numbers and ranged damage should be slightly down idk. Maybe they always did that damage but you could just bleed off a few models before to cut it a bit. Maybe now with less models they all get into range better. I will have to see, but I faced double Rambo last night and it took me by surprise also. I'm still learning though what is what, maybe people will adapt to them like they had to for noise marines.
868 1150 861

+
# 40^L3gion^ Feb 21 2012, 12:05 PM
I dont understand y no beta?
every patch theres something redicolously overpowered or underpowered.

idk
1584 1623 1829

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)