Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Forest Town (2)

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1GenPtah Feb 22 2012, 16:24 PM
Well here's one map I have been working for. The battlefield is a fictional small rural town situated in the forest. This is my first complete map so I would really appreciate some feedback smile.gif I spent quite some time in learning how to make maps and examining amount of munition and fuel in 1v1 maps, I also tried to make it symmetrical as far as the resources go.

This is OLD map, new version is in later posts!
Attached File Forest_Town__2_.rar
Size: 5.7mb
Number of downloads: 180

These are some screens from the map:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Hope you like it!

This post has been edited by GenPtah: Feb 23 2012, 17:11 PM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Mortality Feb 22 2012, 19:48 PM
+1

+
# 3White_Flash Feb 22 2012, 20:34 PM
hey, youll want at least a 5fuel and a 5muni attached to the HQ of both bases, also the aesthetics should be improved to "blend" more together, i recommend checking this and other guides smile.gif http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=250536

Clan: Reborn

+
# 4GenPtah Feb 22 2012, 22:18 PM
QUOTE(White_Flash @ Feb 22 2012, 21:34 PM) *

hey, youll want at least a 5fuel and a 5muni attached to the HQ of both bases, also the aesthetics should be improved to "blend" more together, i recommend checking this and other guides smile.gif http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=250536

Thanks for the resource pointers, I'll redo it. By aesthetics do you mean just the fields or everything, because I did the fields by that tutorial.

+
# 5White_Flash Feb 23 2012, 01:59 AM
well like the last screenshot, theres the wall then the green floor of the map, nothing to blend the wall with rest of it, just an example

+
# 6GenPtah Feb 23 2012, 12:08 PM
Ok, will redo it, thanks. Any tactical advice?

+
# 7GenPtah Feb 23 2012, 17:09 PM
Made some aesthetic and resources changes so here's the new version.

Old Version!
Size: 5.49mb
Number of downloads: 112

This post has been edited by GenPtah: Mar 1 2012, 20:49 PM

+
# 8AmiPolizeiFunk Mar 1 2012, 07:50 AM
Interesting map. Some crazy architecture. Not quite sure how it will play out, but we'll see.

One thing I don't like is that the +10 ammos in the corners are absolutely not harass-able by early-game infantry. They'e behind the base emplacements! I think this should be changed.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+
# 9GenPtah Mar 1 2012, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the feedback! I'll redo it so it's harass-able. I'm too not quite sure how will it play because it wasn't tested enough. It was tested somewhat by my former clan Reloaded but not nearly enough. I was also thinking of replaceing the positions of the big fuel and amo in south and north so the fuel is more harass-able because in early game it's all about the fuel especially when playing against PE, but I'm not sure ... any opinion?

This post has been edited by GenPtah: Mar 1 2012, 08:49 AM

+
# 10White_Flash Mar 1 2012, 10:18 AM
played a couple on it. you need a loading screenshot, and a lobby minimap for fixed positions and starting positions, agreed with amis point on the screenshot, everything on the map needs to be harassable so always consider that. for being tested so little it hasnt turned out bad. smile.gif you might want to get a more creative name too for the map wink.gif

+
# 11GenPtah Mar 1 2012, 10:34 AM
QUOTE(White_Flash @ Mar 1 2012, 11:18 AM) *
played a couple on it. you need a loading screenshot, and a lobby minimap for fixed positions and starting positions, agreed with amis point on the screenshot, everything on the map needs to be harassable so always consider that. for being tested so little it hasnt turned out bad. smile.gif you might want to get a more creative name too for the map wink.gif

Thanks, can you pls tell me where can I change the screenshot and make a lobby minimap for fixed positions? The tutorials that I have checked don't explain how to make that sad.gif
As for the map name, that can be changed easy, just have to think of a good name smile.gif

+
# 12White_Flash Mar 1 2012, 10:39 AM
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...&hl=minimap

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php...ap-lobby-pictue

these will get ya started just google company of heroes lobby minimap and make sure you have corsix mod studio and gimp, corsix is to create the SGA because the worldbuilder is broken for the loading screenshot, and use gimp to save the pictures to the format you need

+
# 13GenPtah Mar 1 2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks for all the help! I'll redo it today and post it smile.gif

+
# 14GenPtah Mar 1 2012, 20:58 PM
Made the changes, new version is up.

Old Bugged Version!
Size: 9.39mb
Number of downloads: 110

This post has been edited by GenPtah: Mar 2 2012, 16:47 PM

+
# 15GenPtah Mar 2 2012, 16:58 PM
I was playing a game yesterday and noticed a bugged church in the north of the map. When the church was garnizoned units would retreat to the church instead of HQ so I resolved this bug and mad a fey minor tweaks to the map.

IGNORE THIS MAP!
Size: 9.39mb
Number of downloads: 108

This post has been edited by GenPtah: Mar 2 2012, 18:29 PM

+
# 16AmiPolizeiFunk Mar 2 2012, 17:09 PM
Yeah great, but 50+ people have already downloaded the other version. This puts us in an awkward situation. I don't want to tell people to download a new individual map and I don't want confusion on tourney day. Not sure how to deal with this right now.

+
# 17White_Flash Mar 2 2012, 17:24 PM
genpatch, what exactly was the bugged versions bug???

+
# 18Janne252 Mar 2 2012, 17:26 PM
The Church you used seems to be a singleplayer object for Hells Highway mission. You should never use a building in multiplayer maps if it has "_sp_" on its name, unless the effects are known and wanted.

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 19White_Flash Mar 2 2012, 17:34 PM
true 100%, so what does the church do to units in a multiplayer game?

+
# 20AmiPolizeiFunk Mar 2 2012, 17:37 PM
We need to sort this out tonight. Either we scrap the map and play something else in the tourney, or we get a new updated version, and try to figure out how to get 32+ players to download, uninstall, and re-install the new version.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)