RotWK Unofficial 202

"Old" as good as "New"

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1redadrian Mar 8 2012, 20:21 PM
I just wanted to hear some opinions regarding certain early game units being used in the later stages of a game. I'm referring to the units that get "replaced" as a match advances, such as Rohan Peasants with Tower Guards, or Gondor Knights with Rohirrim, or Rhudaur Spearmen with Hill Trolls, etc.
Do you think such units have any value in mid/late game with or without upgrades? If you can and want to, give similar examples and tips. Thanks in advance. happy.gif

Game: RotWK Unofficial 202

+
# 2EvilEyes Mar 8 2012, 21:47 PM
Rhudaru spearmen dont get replaced cause hill trolls dont do crush damage (dont kill cav when they go past them) HIlll trolls at the very best compliment an army but never replace rhudaurs

AS for early game/basic units wildmen pretty much are usefull in all stages of the game. Rohan peasents, i try to spam less of them late game and only go with gondor guards/soldiers.

All comes down to money in the end

Game: RotWK Unofficial 202

+
# 3IceVice Mar 9 2012, 02:18 AM
Sometimes I revert to a cheaper alternative to spend the $ somewhere else or just quick suicide harassment.

Clan: GoF|

Game: Rise of the Witchking

+
# 4ConGrUenCy Mar 30 2012, 18:48 PM
QUOTE(EvilEyes @ Mar 9 2012, 03:17 AM) *

Rhudaru spearmen dont get replaced cause hill trolls dont do crush damage (dont kill cav when they go past them) HIlll trolls at the very best compliment an army but never replace rhudaurs

Aha, but that's where Fell Wind comes in. Watch how hill trolls slaughter fallen cavalry.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 5Turin Turumarth Mar 31 2012, 15:30 PM
Let me ask, do you ever 100% stop using goblin archers? Same goes for Gondor soldiers if they're needed. It comes down to money as evileyes said. If you can't afford them, you can't use them. Also as Ice said, suicide harassment is a reason to pull out Gundabad Warriors instead of Dark Numenorians. Use is just as important as the cost, they both put in to what unit you will buy.

Clan: Unity`

Game: Rise of the Witchking

+
# 6ViZ Mar 31 2012, 16:37 PM
What's the point of suicide harassment? Isn't that just feeding them pp tongue.gif?

Game: League of Legends

+
# 7ConGrUenCy Mar 31 2012, 17:41 PM
QUOTE(ViZ @ Mar 31 2012, 22:07 PM) *

What's the point of suicide harassment? Isn't that just feeding them pp tongue.gif?

A squad of gobs cost 80 and a RB costs 300. I don't mind giving the PP since the resources cost hurts him more than the PPs hurt me.

Game: Company of Heroes

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)