Company of Heroes

CoH: Modern Combat - Release Announcement

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1OnkelSam Mar 9 2012, 20:29 PM
Our website is back online!

I highly recommand to all of you to participate in the balance discussion and bug reporting on our forums! It is by far the easiest and most efficient for us to collect information in a structured environment like over there!

Read the official release news on moderncombat.blacksandstudio.com!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we aaaaaare liiiiiive!!

CoH: Modern Combat is finally available to the public!

But first of all, let us apologize. The overwhelming interest in our mod and consequently the refreshing of our website moderncombat.blacksandstudio.com while we were still working on the release lead our server host to the impression that he was the target of a DOS attack! It took us a few days, but now we're back online!

Unfortunately, among other reasons this didn't allow us to use the easy installer we had prepared for you, because it requires access to our server to ask for patches. To avoid a further delay we had decided to release a self-extracting archieve as an alternative solution. A detailed installtion guide is available on our website. Should you still run into trouble despite following the tutorial, please visit our technical support forum and notify us of any issues you've encountered. You can download CoH: Modern Combat using one of the following links

IPB Image

IPB Image

We are extremely impressed about the community support of our Mod! Almost 35000 downloads in less than a week is more than we could have hoped for!

We recommend that you also have a look through the mod section of our website. There you'll find answers to frequently asked questions, as well as detailed information on U.S. and Chinese tech trees, doctrines, units, abilities, and more.

With any luck you'll find plenty of other people online, and we encourage you to play with or against other human players. To make it easier to find and identify people who play the mod, we suggest that you frequent the "Gamereplays.org" chat channel and create a user account name that begins with an "MC" prefix (e.g., "MCOnkelSam").

So... we hope that you all have fun with CoH: Modern Combat, and help us to make further improvements by visiting our forums and providing balance suggestions and bug reports, or just discussing strategies and posting replays. Please pay attention to the pinned threads at the top of each section! And remember to keep an eye out for further announcements at moderncombat.blacksandstudio.com!

Good luck, have fun!

~The [I]CoH: Modern Combat team.[/i]

IPB Image

This post has been edited by OnkelSam: Mar 18 2012, 21:47 PM

Clan: Company of Clowns

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Kat Mar 9 2012, 20:31 PM
Ooooo, nice thumb.gif

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 3rgrrrr Mar 9 2012, 21:15 PM
first day of my vacation. nice timing. well, i'll play it later then.

Clan: Suck it Trebek!

Game: Achron

+
# 4Lvl666 Mar 9 2012, 22:13 PM
Nice!! Will have that day off for sure!

+
# 5InPepsiColaWeTrust Mar 9 2012, 23:27 PM
ayyyaahh!!

Game: None

+
# 6FeePan Mar 10 2012, 03:27 AM
ohmy.gif awesome!

+
# 7PvtPrivate Mar 10 2012, 04:33 AM
can't wait to play it.
It will be nice to learn how to play new factions and have a chance to experiment with all the new goodies.

+
# 8SavageNation Mar 10 2012, 07:02 AM
Sweet!!

Clan: Death From Above

+
# 9WiFiDi Mar 10 2012, 09:12 AM
moment it comes out i'm downlaoding unless im asleep which wouldn't be out of the question.

+
# 10Pappiano Mar 10 2012, 09:50 AM
Nice. I will try it.. Cheers

+
# 11AUSOwnage Mar 10 2012, 10:28 AM
Wow! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS COMING. I never imagined this project would everr be completed, nice work guys.

I now have a reason to re-install CoH. smile.gif

Pretty please don't mess up the balance like EF did...<3

+
# 12OnkelSam Mar 10 2012, 11:49 AM
QUOTE(AUSOwnage @ Mar 10 2012, 12:28 PM) *

Pretty please don't mess up the balance like EF did...<3

You can be sure that balance will not be perfect on release. It's just not possible with such a limited playerbase. But you CAN BE SURE that we will collect all the feedback we can get and try to make the mod as balanced as possible.
Our aim is to regularly have tournaments etc. to give this mod a competitive future!

By the way, we now have a facebook page, where people can follow us, help us spread the word!
http://www.facebook.com/CoHModernCombat

This post has been edited by OnkelSam: Mar 10 2012, 12:12 PM

+
# 13Fr33kOzni Mar 10 2012, 15:35 PM
biggrin.gif that looks very nice

+
# 142FAST4YA Mar 10 2012, 19:22 PM
Ohhh i thought you guys were kidding when i asked you a few years back if this mod is a joke and you said its not... jokes on me though. Well done!

Gonna take it for a spin once its out biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by 2FAST4YA: Mar 10 2012, 19:27 PM

+
# 15whodafuxdatguy Mar 10 2012, 21:51 PM
FINALLY!!!! Yes yes yes yes yes

+
# 16MoeGreen Mar 11 2012, 11:42 AM
QUOTE(OnkelSam @ Mar 10 2012, 13:49 PM) *

to give this mod a competitive future!

With no automatch, how are you going to achieve this?

+
# 17xIronCrossx Mar 11 2012, 13:56 PM
QUOTE(MoeGreen @ Mar 11 2012, 07:42 AM) *

You don't need automatch, and I think they could theoretically make something where it only matches you with other MC players.

Clan: Wheres My Demo

+
# 18OnkelSam Mar 11 2012, 15:43 PM
QUOTE(MoeGreen @ Mar 11 2012, 13:42 PM) *

First of all we are planning to host tournaments with pricemoney on a regular basis. Even in vCoH tournaments are the only real measure of skill, automatch is only helpful for matchmaking but doesnt say much else.

Further, if you run a mod you can still join automatch and it will only match you with people who run the same mod. We are already working on a method to extract game informations to use this feature for an external ladder.

And last but not least, we're going to host all kinds of other competitions with prices in order to promote people to play competitively, such as shoutcast events, etc.

+
# 19Benoslav Mar 11 2012, 17:47 PM
Why is there not a newspost about this yet? We really need to get as many people hyped up about this as possible!

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 20GhOuLaSh Mar 11 2012, 20:26 PM
Will there be 2vs2 maps for people who don't like 1vs1, or only 1vs1 maps?

Clan: SoldiersofLiberty

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)