Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

DasDuelon/Invader smurfing in January Ladder Wars

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Eminence Mar 11 2012, 15:03 PM
*** PLZ DONT INVISIBLE THIS TOPIC***

*** I BELIEVE THE COMMUNITY HAS THE RIGHT TO THIS INFORMATION AND CAN ACTUALLY HELP IN ESTABLISHING THE TRUTH ***

*** TO THE COMMUNITY : I KNOW THIS IS A SERIOUS CASE OF TL;DR, BUT PLZ DO READ, IT IS WORTH UR TIME ***
-----------

So it goes like this.

I am the guy who has watched EVERY good empire replay on GR for the last 2 years.

I am the guy who has especially watched -- and re-watched -- DasDuelon's games. I have watched them all. Sometimes more than once.

So I completely know his playstyle, his BOs and his game plans/strats.

This is what raised the first suspicions : yesterday, before going to sleep, I decided to watch 2 replays from the Invader vs Tingu series, in January's ladder war. You can find the games here : http://www.gamereplays.org/redalert3/repla...vent&id=732

I began with game 1 on Snow Plow and then continued with game 2 on Infinity Isle.

Immediately, something struck me as strange.

Invader's BO and unit production in the first minutes of the game was the EXACT same as DD's. And he also went 3rd ref BEFORE Mecha -- a move that to my knowledge ONLY DasDuelon has the guts (and ability) to pull off. In any event, it is uniquely distinctive of DasDuelon's games vs Soviets.

Then, I found that Invader's micro and multitasking skills were VERY impressive. I had watched 2 or 3 replays of Invader in the past, and he was NEVER NEAR that level of skills. As a matter of fact, the skill level I observed in game 1 was even above my own. I'm not saying that to brag, but there are very few players whose skills impress me.

So anyway, all this was very interesting, but far from conclusive : Invader could have copied and practiced DasDuelon's BO and train so hard as to impress me with his micro/multitasking skills.

So I decided to COMPARE this game of Invader on Snow Plow with DasDuelon's game vs Tingu -- in the same ladder war !

Before I give u the results of my analysis, I want u to know a couple of things first :

1) After seeing the level of resemblance between the 2 games, I re-watched them both not only 1 more time but 2 more times (for a total of 3 viewings for each game).
2) I wrote every similarity I could find as the game developed.
3) Being astonished by the level of similarity, I decided to do the same thing with Invader and DD's games vs Tingu on Infinity Isle (3 viewings) and also of their games on Cabana -- which I watched 2 times each as well.
4) I was already suspicious when I saw Invader (of all people) climbing the ladder so fast in January (not so long after DD joined Alias), and after seeing what I am about to show u, I am 99.9% certain that DD played for Invader (at least in the ladder war)
5) BUT I AM NOT MAKING ANY DIRECT ACCUSATIONS. I COULD BE WRONG. HOWEVER, I NOT ONLY BELIEVE THE COMMUNITY HAS THE RIGHT TO THIS INFO, BUT THAT YOU GUYS CAN HELP DETERMINING THE TRUTH AS WELL : for those of you that are interested, you could compare further replays from DD and Invader in 2012.

So plz, I ask the mods to respect all the time I put into this, and the fact that I am not making any accusations in this topic. I will ONLY show below the result of my analysis. Then you guys can make up ur own minds. And at the risk of repeating myself, the community has the right to know about this. It is their ladder war. Their community. And they have also the right to participate in the analysis if they so choose. SO PLZ DONT INVISIBLE THIS TOPIC.

Without further ado, here are the results of my investigation. I take this VERY seriously, this is why my analysis is so thorough.

GAME 1 -- Invader vs Tingu on Snow Plow COMPARED WITH DasDuelon vs Tingu on Snow Plow

1) Both do EXACTLY the same BO : PP, 3 dojos, 2 refs
2) Both use their dojos EXACLTY the same way : 1 deployed near the mcv (at the exact same location) and 2 others sent to 1 oil
3) Both build EXACTLY the same units : 1 IW, 1 BD, and then some more IWs
4) They both went 3rd ref before Mecha (something that I am telling u is exclusive to DD)
5) Then they both did some inf spam and put IW's in various garrison accross the map to get vision/map control (something also very distinctive of DD)
6) In mid-game, both then decided to send a dojo to capture the oil that they didnt capture during the opening
7) They both defend their 3rd ref (on the right) EXACTLY the same way : some IWs in the garrison and walls on the other side
8) At almost EXACTLY THE SAME TIMING, they both sent a group of infantry in their main base to look if there was a scouting unit from Tingu on the ridge, on the left of their main base. You can't miss it... In one case, they cleared the garrison, in the other they saw there was no one there. But the move is EXACTLY the same, at exactly the same time.
8) They both exhibited the VERY SAME game plan and playstyle -- you can't miss it either... They both engaged in very passive play, expansion to 4th ref, then Tier3, massing infantry and wave forces for a big final push. In the meantime, both used their only built Tengu to scout and harass. Also, their micro is identical. And their army composition is also identical : mostly infantry, 1-2 VX, 3-4 tsunamis and wave forces eventually.
9) After 4th ref, they both built a docks core that they deployed in the EXACT SAME spot, ie just south of the main base
10) On the 3rd viewing, I also looked from the players' camera perspective, and once again, they DO EXACTLY the same movements. For example, when they send their dojos to the oils, neither use the minimap but move manually to the location they want to send them to.
10) Lastly, they both built 2-3 Yaris that they then sent do blow the left bridge up, and then destroy Tingu's expansion in the water.

If you think this isnt enough similarities, then here is my analysis of Game 2 on Infinity Isle :

1) Once again, both DD and Invader do the EXACT SAME Build Order : PP, 2 dojos and 1 more power plant that they sent to the ridge to block off bears/scouting. Now, once again, THIS IS SOMETHING THAT IS TYPICAL/EXCLUSIVE of DasDuelon's play. Not only does he do it ALL THE TIME (in the 20+ replays he has on GR vs soviets on ii), but NO ONE ELSE ever does this -- meaning use a Power Plant (!!) to crush bears on the ridge.
2) They deployed their 2 dojos at the EXACT SAME spot (pixel for pixel !): one on the ridge and one close to the oil.
3) Once again, their camera movement is EXACTLY THE SAME : they both dont click on the minimap but instead manually drag their dojos to the exact same spot on the ridge.
3) They both built the EXACT SAME units : 1 IW, 1 BD, then some more IWs, (and ofc engi) then sold the 1st dojo
4) Again, they both went 3rd ref before Mecha Bay
5) Their playstyle is once more exactly the same : passive, expansion, mostly infantry to defend, 1-2 Tengu to harass, 3-4 Tsunamis, 4th ref...
6) They both stop their collector just before the sickle jumps in.
7) They both went docks before 4th ref in the water.
8) Their micro and multitasking skills is exactly the same and I have to say amazing.

The comparison is astonishing : when u watch both games, they are so similar that you literally believe they are the same games... See for urself !

The last game that Invader and DasDuelon have in common for the January ladder war is on Cabana :[u]

I wont bother you will all the details once more, but suffice it to say that :

1) Once again, their BOs are exactly the same : 3 dojos, 3rd ref before Mecha, expansion, docks, passive play, infantry, etc...
2) Once again, they use the same automatic unit build : 1 IW, 1 BD, some more IWs, engi... Then 1-2 Tengus for harassment and rely massively on infantry.
3) In mid-game, they both send another dojo to capture the oil they didnt capture during the opening (very typical of DD as well).
4) Their camera control is also the same : when I watched DD's camera movement, I noticed something I had noticed in Invader's camera movement in his game on Snow Plow. Both use way points on the main screen (not the minimap) to guide their dojo cores to the oil. Which is again, very distinctive.

I want to remind everyone that all this is only objective observation/analysis I have made. It is not intended as an accusation. I have great respect for DasDuelon and I only decided to give this information to the community because I sincerely believe they have the right to this objective information.

All I did here is compare replays.

It is not a crime. Nor an accusation. It is meant as a constructive contribution.

On the contrary, if people want to prove me wrong, then this is all I am asking for... But comparing replays take a lot of time. It took me many hours to do all this. That is why I think the community can help as well.

Thx for reading.

This post has been edited by Eminence: Mar 11 2012, 15:11 PM

Clan: m8s

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2PuppetMaster DM Mar 23 2012, 20:05 PM
Report valid.

After severe investigation on the case, we find DasDuelon guilty of playing on Invader's account in the January Ladder Wars Top 4 Tournament. He played in Invader's name, after Invader asked him to do so.

This is a pretty severe smurf issue. This all could've been prevented if DD or Invader told us (the staff) that he only smurfed on Invader's account. Instead Invader lied to me that he couldn't make it to the semi-finals. While investigating the whole case both, DasDuelon and Invader lied to us again.

The following sanctions will be taken:

DasDuelon will
  • not be allowed to enter the next 2 LW Top 4 Tournaments he qualifies for.
  • lose his 1st place in January's LW Top 4 Tournament.
Invader will
  • receive a forum ban from the RA3 section.
  • lose the 3rd place his account gained in January LW.
  • not be considered for February LW.
  • receive a Ladder ban for the coming 6 months.
It's a pity that some people seek for reputation so much in a video game with such a small community that they have to let others play for them in their name. Furthermore trying to cover all this by lying other people straight in the face (what's more a shame is that it was not the first or the second time). That's what makes this issue so serious.

All the decisions made are in accordance with the Ladder Admin in charge.

This post has been edited by doesn't matter: Mar 23 2012, 21:59 PM

Game: Red Alert 3

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)