Dawn of War 2

SM vs RA what to do?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1warp652 Mar 17 2012, 14:58 PM
As the title says, how do you beat this mapcon(trolling) beast. He's mapcontrol is superb. And me as a SM players mostly rely on my scouts to cap and tsm,commander (sometimes asms) fight. I know that you are suppost to go for a really heavy t1 vs nids but i don't allways know what unit is the VERY best for that certain situation.

I haven't saved any good example but could you guys try to make the best of it anyways.
Thanks in advance.
1555 1438 1588

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 2ChopperMcChop Mar 21 2012, 12:34 PM
Pray for the Emperor,share farewell to your battle brothers and die in honour and glory like a true Space Marine.NO MERCY NO RESPITE NO RETREAT!

PS:I think assault marines are better due to RA's naturual capability to flank them with tunnels or take burrow armour. But if you can baby sit them you can take both Devs and ASM.Some people like to take ASM and go heavy upgrades on scouts sarge+shotties or sarge on both or sarge on one and shotty on other.I like this more than devastators personally.
1189 ... ...

+
# 3PanzerX Mar 23 2012, 17:51 PM
scout tac scout- 1 gen- ASMS

Use asms to jump on his blob, upgrade 1 of your scouts with sarge and other with shotgun (i prefer shotgun scout to cap map to counter horms)

make sure to kill his tunnels as much as you can, you gain a lot of red from doing so

t2, get a plasma dev or a librarian to inflict heavy casualties.

Only engage if you have 2-3 units with your hero, or you will loose majority of engagements.

Try to get grenades off as much as you can and wait for the opportune moment to pop them off.

+
# 4warp652 Mar 23 2012, 19:00 PM
scout tac scout- 1 gen- ASMS

Use asms to jump on his blob, upgrade 1 of your scouts with sarge and other with shotgun (i prefer shotgun scout to cap map to counter horms)

make sure to kill his tunnels as much as you can, you gain a lot of red from doing so

t2, get a plasma dev or a librarian to inflict heavy casualties.

Only engage if you have 2-3 units with your hero, or you will loose majority of engagements.

Try to get grenades off as much as you can and wait for the opportune moment to pop them off.

Thx im definently trying this out. (Should i go light tier 1 vs ig or 3xtermas maybe?) Im a little underexperienced vs ig, and your inq was hard panzer. Dat hammer of the bitches.
1555 1438 1588

+
# 5ParanoidKami Mar 23 2012, 19:01 PM
I prefer a different bo that challenges the RA's insane map control with your own insane map control. Starting Scout - Tac - Node - Scout - Whatever is needed. I usually go for a Dev or go heavy in upgrades for whatever is needed. In T1 there really isn't anything a Nid can do against a set-up team besides using a melee unit so if you go anti-melee upgrades on your Scouts he has nothing to use against your Dev. One Scout with a Shotgun and another with a Sarge rapes any melee unit as you can combo the nade off of the knockback resulting in terrible terrible reliable damage. If he goes Ravs just put Shotguns on all your Scouts and those Ravs will have the power of four Tacs(Including Tac squad) on them when they jump. Also, Shotguns are good for gen bashing which is important against Nids.

1653 1247 ...

Clan: The Rally Point

+
# 6PanzerX Mar 23 2012, 19:03 PM
hahahaha tyty
against ig, i would go scout-tsm-scout-hwt, play very defensively and then go t2, get a librarian out and push the IG back

If ig goes for chim, upgrade to lascannon and get viel of time on your libi, just a move and support the hwt and eventually you will force the ig off or take out his chim

make sure to FF Inq as much as you can in t1, force her off and you can take away a crucial component in the IG army

+
# 7warp652 Mar 23 2012, 20:38 PM
If ig goes for chim, upgrade to lascannon and get viel of time on your libi, just a move and support the hwt and eventually you will force the ig off or take out his chim

make sure to FF Inq as much as you can in t1, force her off and you can take away a crucial component in the IG army

I would like to know what to do as nids also, especially for LA since RA has nice soft/medi good counter, should i go zoan Venoms or 2x Venoms, i really have a hard time vs a well microd chim as LA.
1555 1438 1588

+
# 8PanzerX Mar 23 2012, 21:16 PM
QUOTE(warp652 @ Mar 23 2012, 12:38 PM) *

I would like to know what to do as nids also, especially for LA since RA has nice soft/medi good counter, should i go zoan Venoms or 2x Venoms, i really have a hard time vs a well microd chim as LA.

With lictor it is a bit harder because venom cannons are harder to use against a chim, i sometimes get a zoanthrope if i really need the backup, that and the snare along with the AOE dominates and ig roster

go for horm-term-term-ravs-t2-venom-zoan, throw down your first gen after ur 2nd term then after ur rav get the other two up

Keep the pressure on the IG and make sure to cap the POWER NODES, having control of these will give you the economy you need to keep on par with the IG, if you wasn't node the power to safeguard it against the IG.

Use your lictor to cap the map and snipe out catachan models or stormtrooper models.

+
# 9Acra Mar 25 2012, 07:33 AM
as nid vs ig with equal skill, leave the game. you cannot defeat 2 sents. gg no re
1738 1743 1191

+
# 10Ice_JT Mar 25 2012, 18:55 PM
Just get x3 termagaunts. Not only does it have redic anti sent capabilities (partially due to fotm) but it synergises well with a venom brood which you'll want to get for a chimera.

+
# 11texaneous Mar 26 2012, 04:00 AM
If you are in doubt of what to build vs nids, just build more scouts. 2 Scout squads is cheaper than a tac squad and has the same firepower. I have had (what I consider) wild success with SM against nid using all 3 heros by following 3 simple protocols.

1) If t1 is >5, build more units (usually scouts)
2) If req/power ratio is not ideal for tech, build more scouts or plasma devs, no more gens until you can defend them.
3) If no razorback, build razorback

+
# 12ParanoidKami Mar 26 2012, 05:44 AM
Plasma Devs? Never! Need rep of Plasma Devs not being crap against a decent opponent in 1v1 before I'm going to believe that.

1653 1247 ...

+
# 13texaneous Mar 26 2012, 18:25 PM
Lol, just check the last time that I beat acra with SM. Plasma dev did die at some point, but they did 2 very important things for me in a very crucial SM time period.

1) They smoothed out the transition from t2 to t3 with an all req purchase (meaning I didnt need to build more gens or wait longer to compensate.
2) They provided some great map control so that I could fight on all fronts instead of hugging 2 vps.

+
# 14ParanoidKami Mar 26 2012, 19:14 PM
QUOTE(texaneous @ Mar 26 2012, 11:25 AM) *

Lol, just check the last time that I beat acra with SM. Plasma dev did die at some point, but they did 2 very important things for me in a very crucial SM time period.

1) They smoothed out the transition from t2 to t3 with an all req purchase (meaning I didnt need to build more gens or wait longer to compensate.
2) They provided some great map control so that I could fight on all fronts instead of hugging 2 vps.

I saw that rep. They didn't do much. You used them to go T3 faster since they don't cost power and besides that didn't really do anything. You tried the same thing against me last patch against my FC remember tongue.gif

http://www.gamereplays.org/dawnofwar2/vide...ils&id=1166

1653 1247 ...

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)