Dawn of War 2

Tips for my journey in becoming a Daemon Prince

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1ChopperMcChop Mar 20 2012, 15:44 PM
Sooo i was thinking what race should i play after i rank eldar to 60,was saying SM and brag with my edited DLC skins,but then i realized too many SM mirrors.IG and Nids are meh factions for me....ork mekboy seemed promising but in the end i found screwing around with worship as Chaos or use Khorne Marines and fast teching to GUO would be more fun.Also alot of chaos players i face simply dont use worship enough(that and i encountered a good number of chaos players who just made me sad at loosing so many blood crushers and dreadnaughts cause taking the maul and using that ROFL knockdown to make my shees fly away is too expensive for em,better spamm tzeentech marines and blob for my grav nade)

Unlike the other races(excluding IG)I dont have much knowledge in playing Chaos,so im asking a few basic BO's and tips/tricks to help me a bit.And for the love of the Dark Gods can we forget that Chaos is OP and not come with stuff like....umm....double CSM>t2>BC/MoK dread profit???or npnp or you should feel bad for playing chaos or w/e.
If anyone has the time and or experience to provide me tips and BO's versus the other factions(even vs Chaos if possible lol)it would be deeply appreciated and i shall let the Dark Gods know of your help and give my first sacrifices to you.Oh ya i will play Chaos Lord cause i know more about him and khorne worship is pretty funny.

Blood for the Blood God,Skulls for the Skull Throne!
1189 ... ...

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 2warp652 Mar 20 2012, 16:26 PM
2x tics and 1xcsm is pretty a pretty solid bo, since you can add a havoc or noisemarines npnp.

Chaos was aqually my first race to start playing competetivly, but when i got bored of them and learned a new race i realized how noskilled and unbalanced chaos was, however that was some patches back. Gl learning chaos smile.gif
1555 1438 1588

+
# 3ChopperMcChop Mar 21 2012, 12:30 PM
QUOTE(warp652 @ Mar 20 2012, 19:26 PM) *

2x tics and 1xcsm is pretty a pretty solid bo, since you can add a havoc or noisemarines npnp.

Chaos was aqually my first race to start playing competetivly, but when i got bored of them and learned a new race i realized how noskilled and unbalanced chaos was, however that was some patches back. Gl learning chaos smile.gif

Thanks,btw i noticed alot of chaos players lately doing Starting Tic>CSM>Tic>CSM,when is this BO viable?Also when are double CSM viable?And in which MU's should i get Havocs/Noise Marines?

Thanks in advance,may the Dark Gods hear my prayers..
1189 ... ...

+
# 4Johnny McGorry Mar 21 2012, 15:49 PM
your build order is hugely decided by which hero you play because of the differing effects of worships, so plague marine players seem to often go 2x csm because their worship gives increased hp, while a CL player will more often go 2x tics because he can slingshot his CL and tics with his worship

also tic>csm>tic>csm seems to be the standard build order vs sm because csm can focus down heroes, bleed scouts and go toe-to-toe with tacs, while tics can be upgraded to counter devs with grenade launchers or asm's with champions.
1194 1230 1180

+
# 5nginferno Mar 21 2012, 16:11 PM
Personally, Its mostly tic>csm>tic or tic>double csm.
Tic>csm>tic for havoc/noise and double csm you can spend some power on tic or hero upgrades.

I personally play chaos sorc though so idk bout exact strategies for CL but generally once you hit t2 get some daemons and wreck some stuff. Khorne dread is fucking awesome, but tzeentch is good as well cuz the missiles hit very hard against everything even though its supposed to be AV. And tdread also has an Aoe suppression and damage ability.

Only consider t3 when you have too much resources though, cuz most of chaos's good stuff are at t2 and t3 isnt all that good.

This post has been edited by nginferno: Mar 21 2012, 16:16 PM
... ... ...

Game: Achron

+
# 6ChopperMcChop Mar 21 2012, 17:00 PM
Thanks again it is very helpfull smile.gif,may the Dark Gods reward you,so when should i get NM's or Havocs usually?
1189 ... ...

+
# 7texaneous Mar 21 2012, 23:42 PM
Tic tac tic tac is a great build order in any matchup. In terms of efficiency it is far superior to any of your other options with all 3 chaos heroes.

Why?

Because heretics can be upgraded to counter blobs/garrisons. Having 2 heretic squads allows for more worship usage (or in the case of the sorc, uber invis stuff), and counters stuff like blobs garrisons or generators for cheaper than havocs or noise marines.

Obviously heretics have their drawbacks and havocs/noise marines certainly have their place, but overall I find that heretics perform far better than the other t1 alternatives in generic situations.

As far as when to get havocs or noise marines, I guess you could say that you want to tailor those into your build order based on your style of play. For instance, I really like going with a tic,tac,tic,nm,nm build order against IG. Obviously an early chimera would be a concern, but the amount of pressure NM's allow you to put on tech, you should be able to slow him down. I really like havocs against SM and Ork. Havocs can really force an SM player to spend power that he didn't want to spend (or it can supress his whole army and force his ASM to jump into a pool of heretics), and havocs can also be great against ork if you can get it upgraded to the autocannon fast enough (preferably with a garrison).

+
# 8ChopperMcChop Mar 28 2012, 20:15 PM
Thanks,takes a bit of time to get used to microing more units than gu shee hero and SCP lol.But definately pretty fun to play so far,thanks again for all tips!May the Dark Gods lend you their power!
1189 ... ...

+
# 9ChopperMcChop Mar 31 2012, 14:35 PM
Oh btw heres one of my first decent games where i dont forget about units left and right from too much eldar playing(except my havocs)

http://www.gamereplays.org/dawnofwar2/repl...s&id=259222

Blood mauls ability knockback special is funny biggrin.gif(the one that looks like special attack with vanilla powersword,he has another one that looks like the ability but does weapon knockback),didnt really happen in this rep but its lulzy to knockback stuff like termis with it biggrin.gif,i wish daemonic visage would be 20 power,30 is a bit too much but i like Maul,DrainLife/LTOB(let the ownage begin aka let the galaxy burn)+daemonic visage.Again didnt use it in this match,will post more reps when i play more and wonder if i improved tongue.gif

Another rep

http://www.gamereplays.org/dawnofwar2/repl...s&id=259732

This post has been edited by ChopperMcChop: Apr 1 2012, 18:36 PM
1189 ... ...

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)