Tiberium Alliances

D-Fence

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21foofightersrule Apr 2 2012, 05:23 AM
Haha, I was wondering how people were able to get 33/30 construction spots in some screenies I saw tongue.gif

Is it just not worth it to upgrade your silos enough not to have to build and sell a powerplant? I've been keeping mine at the same level as my harvestors for the 40% bonus boost, is this not a good idea?

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 22Vivo Apr 2 2012, 14:42 PM
QUOTE(subroutine @ Apr 1 2012, 21:21 PM) *

If you're not floating resources, which I never do, there's next to nothing to loot. I mean, you can't lose what you haven't got in the first place biggrin.gif If I'm saving for something that requires say 20+m tib, I always 'save' it up in a power plant and sell it once there's enough accumulated resources to upgrade say the factory. In fact, to save having to upgrade my silos or CC too much just to upgrade a single building like the Factory, upgrading and then selling a power plant works well even if there's a small loss to selling.

This is really good way to go, especially when there's high risk that someone attacks you.

QUOTE(foofightersrule @ Apr 2 2012, 08:23 AM) *

Haha, I was wondering how people were able to get 33/30 construction spots in some screenies I saw tongue.gif

Is it just not worth it to upgrade your silos enough not to have to build and sell a powerplant? I've been keeping mine at the same level as my harvestors for the 40% bonus boost, is this not a good idea?

You're #2 ranked on server 4 so you are clearly doing something right, maybe that's one of those things. biggrin.gif

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: Generals 2

+
# 23foofightersrule Apr 2 2012, 21:17 PM
That's the problem, I'm not #1 tongue.gif Maybe he isn't wasting money on silos ^^

+
# 24methuselah Apr 3 2012, 01:38 AM
laugh.gif

hey subby (or anyone else for that matter) is there a way to perform this same nifty trick for blue? I find myself floating blue a lot because of the cost of upgrades when you get far enough along. The green not so much although if I'm saving up for something there I have a better plan than really expensive silos tongue.gif

Clan: GameReplays.org

+
# 25foofightersrule Apr 3 2012, 05:16 AM
Same idea, just you need an extra army slot. Losing 10% of my power doesn't seem good to me. I'd rather have my excess tiberium and crystals looted than lose 10% of my power. I imagine my attitude will change once upgrades start costing several million though tongue.gif

+
# 26subroutine Apr 3 2012, 09:11 AM
I wasn't keen on losing 20M+ tib, especially given I was under a real threat of being destroyed.

QUOTE(methuselah @ Apr 3 2012, 02:38 AM) *

laugh.gif

hey subby (or anyone else for that matter) is there a way to perform this same nifty trick for blue? I find myself floating blue a lot because of the cost of upgrades when you get far enough along. The green not so much although if I'm saving up for something there I have a better plan than really expensive silos tongue.gif

If it's a shortage of power causing the crystals to float then you need to sell your refineries and then some of the crystal harvesters for power plants in your higher level bases. That's the direction the game seems to go in once you start attacking level 25+ camps/outposts. Attacking the forgotten becomes the primary source of income.

+
# 27methuselah Apr 3 2012, 14:23 PM
I tried that, and failed, in my main base. I'm just now taking on level 25's and 26's so perhaps I tried it too early. I sold all my harvesters and all my refineries in my main base and went all power because Mooffs said the same thing you are saying and I wound up with more power than I could store waiting on blue and green so I went back to a more traditional layout.

Like I said though that was some time ago so perhaps I should relook at it again. At this time my main base is producing just under 300k per hour in power and is more than keeping up with the amount of attacking I can do because of repair points. What I mean by that is that I'm attacking level 25's and 26's (Outposts and Camps primarily) and that I am able to spend all of that with the associative power costs and still produce 85k per hour in both blue and green.

I may be on the cusp of what you are talking about in terms of needing to shift towards more power at the expense of crystal production but so far the balance is okay.

+
# 28subroutine Apr 3 2012, 14:38 PM
I've retained all my tib harvesters since you don't get so much of that during raids anyway and I'm slowly swapping crystal harvesters for power plants.

+
# 29Vivo Apr 3 2012, 18:09 PM
I sold all of my harvesters from my main about a week ago, there was no way to keep up with income from raids and I needed more power, lots of it. So far it seems that this was a good solution.

+
# 30methuselah Apr 3 2012, 21:44 PM
That must be what it is then. I made a big hop towards you today Vivo so I'll be there shortly. I ran out of repair points on both my main attack bases and still had cp left so I stewed on it a bit and then spent it tongue.gif

+
# 31Vivo Apr 4 2012, 06:09 AM
I'll prepare a welcoming party. biggrin.gif

+
# 32methuselah Apr 5 2012, 17:31 PM
Are you planning on moving again soon? If you are not I'll fight my way down there it is not far. If you are then I may hop again. 4 of my 5 bases are now within sight of your southern most base.

The other one is way up north raiding. I took out two Phenomic bases today. Not LordMark he scares me but any of the others I find I'm killing.

+
# 33Vivo Apr 5 2012, 17:46 PM
I'm not going anywhere for a while, these level 28 outposts can be quite a challenge.

+
# 34number45_ Apr 5 2012, 17:47 PM
QUOTE(methuselah @ Apr 5 2012, 17:31 PM) *

Not LordMark he scares me but any of the others I find I'm killing.

+1

Game: None

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)