Company of Heroes

CoH install question - Computer freezes on inst...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Sebu91 Mar 25 2012, 18:24 PM
Hi all,

Not really sure where to post this question. I just signed up to the forum a minute ago.

Here goes:

I hope you guys can help me out with this. I own CoH and Opp Fronts. I have them both installed on my computer, but my roommate here wants to play them as well (So we can play each other over LAN). Trouble is, his computer (Win7 Home Prem. 64bit) totally freezes up if you try to run any installer. So obviously he can't install the game from my discs. Is it possible for me to copy my CoH folders from Program Files, zip them and send them to my roommate, or is there a pre-installed version out there? Basically, can you guys think of a way to get CoH on a computer without running an installer? Thanks for all your help!!!

S91

+
# 2ConGrUenCy Mar 25 2012, 18:28 PM
Moved to tech support.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3Sebu91 Mar 25 2012, 18:56 PM
Thanks

+
# 4sheriff_McLawDog Mar 27 2012, 01:42 AM
QUOTE(Sebu91 @ Mar 25 2012, 13:24 PM) *

Hi all,

Not really sure where to post this question. I just signed up to the forum a minute ago.

Here goes:

I hope you guys can help me out with this. I own CoH and Opp Fronts. I have them both installed on my computer, but my roommate here wants to play them as well (So we can play each other over LAN). Trouble is, his computer (Win7 Home Prem. 64bit) totally freezes up if you try to run any installer. So obviously he can't install the game from my discs. Is it possible for me to copy my CoH folders from Program Files, zip them and send them to my roommate, or is there a pre-installed version out there? Basically, can you guys think of a way to get CoH on a computer without running an installer? Thanks for all your help!!!

S91

your friend's inability to install from cd sounds like a virus, windows corruption, or a bad disc drive. I would recommend he either reformat or replace his cd drive. You could create disc images on your computer and pass them over the network to his, but without a legitimate key, you probably will not be able to play him anyhow. you might however be able to move one of your keys(vanilla or OF) to his account, but whatever you give him your gonna lose. if you like the OF factions give him the vanilla key(he will be able to amer+wehr), or if your like me and would rather not get stuck with OF factions in automatch, move the OF key to his relic online account.(all factions, but you would only get amer+wehr) good luck!

EDIT: I forgot to say - WELCOME TO GR.ORG!!!! hope to see you around the forums often!

This post has been edited by sheriff_McLawDog: Mar 27 2012, 22:06 PM

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 5Sebu91 Mar 28 2012, 15:32 PM
Thanks for the reply. Through a lot of luck, and probably several acts of a higher power, his computer finally managed to run an installer. He's got CoH basic installed and patched to ca. 2.1. I don't like the idea of giving away my serial keys, so I guess we won't be playing each other.

Unless, and correct me if it is inappropriate to ask this question, he can procure by a non-costing means a copy of the game. Would such a copy of the game be able to interface with my game?

Thanks for the welcome,

Sebu

+
# 6ConGrUenCy Mar 28 2012, 15:46 PM
A copy of CoH is just $5 in the THQ store...

+
# 7Sebu91 Mar 28 2012, 16:37 PM
I understand your answer.

I just checked the store though, and CoH in the THQ store is $19.99. Do you have a link to your 5$ page. He'd split with five bucks for the game.
Which is weird, because I saw the Anthology on Amazon for ca. $18. I wonder how they make money.

+
# 8ConGrUenCy Mar 28 2012, 16:58 PM
THQ had a big sale a while back where it was $5. If you wait for a couple of weeks, you might have another Steam sale where CoH goes real cheap.

+
# 9Sebu91 Mar 29 2012, 13:23 PM
OK. Cool. We'll keep an eye out.

+
# 10ConGrUenCy Apr 2 2012, 14:27 PM
$5- clicky

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)