Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Aurora (4p)

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1MrLate Mar 27 2012, 12:31 PM
Hello there! I used to make maps for CoH couple years ago and now I have found inspiration again!

So this is my newest CoH 2v2 map, called Aurora.
IPB Image

Strategic points: 4
Fuel: 4x5 + 2x10 = 40
Munitions: 5x5 + 4x10 = 65

Strategic overview:
IPB Image

Other screenshots:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Version rc2 released 23.4.2012
-Modified fuel and ammo points
-Weather transitions (From night to dawn)! Choose between Stormy Dawn and Dawn.
-Details added
-Other tweaks and fixes

Download: Aurora (4)

This post has been edited by MrLate: Apr 23 2012, 10:07 AM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2MrLate Mar 27 2012, 16:07 PM
Just a quick update:

Version b4 released 27.3.2012
-Decreased munitions from 77 to 65
-Slightly modified territory sectors

This post has been edited by MrLate: Apr 20 2012, 13:52 PM

+
# 3MrLate Apr 2 2012, 11:38 AM
Anyone? Anything? : d

+
# 4MrLate Apr 20 2012, 13:57 PM
Version rc1 released 20.4.2012
-Modified territory sectors
-Added some details
-Modified forests

This post has been edited by MrLate: Apr 23 2012, 09:57 AM

+
# 5Rasta Apr 22 2012, 21:14 PM
We tried this map, overall I liked it a lot. Lots of resources, decent flanking abilities for allies. Great map imo.

Clan: Reign of Madness

+
# 6warhawks Apr 22 2012, 21:15 PM
Hey Mr. Late, we played a clan 2v2 on the map and thought it was pretty good. We didn't analyze the map much, but just played it and we had fun. We will most likely still keep playing it and post comments here. Good job! BTW, any chance you can take the weather off?

+
# 7CoonDogg Apr 22 2012, 21:22 PM
I really enjoyed this map. there were a few things that caught my eye but its hard to say for sure after the first game whether or not its a big deal. Ill give you a couple thoughts though so you can look yourself.

1. I played as allies on the south. the axis player went defense and it seemed it was very hard to place an 88 due to the buildings and shrubs on the +10 muni and +5 fuel on the left side. however, if they were placed on the south the 88 may have been more effective. again that's hypothetical.

- so what i am trying to get to is the south seems more open then the north. which may not be a bad thing. again, we will look more into that after a few games.

2. the munitions by the star on the south is further away than the munitions (+10) on the northern star.

again, it seems this can favor the north to be able to defend it or attack it.

just a thought. but in the end, a fantastic map and something new.

one more thought. Its a high resource type map meaning its easy to get resources. what would happen if you changed the two high fuels in the north and south to +5 and made the munitions +5 in the middle a +10 fuel to make the middle more important. thats just a random thought. I personally have no idea how much that would change the map.

This post has been edited by CoonDogg: Apr 22 2012, 21:28 PM

+
# 8MrLate Apr 23 2012, 07:29 AM
Hello! Thanks for the comments biggrin.gif. Regarding to that weather comment, yes I am going to add multiple weather options so you choose what kind of weather you want.

1. Yes that might be true, south-east VP has more shot blockers than the north-west VP

2. I balanced the distances! Balanced some other points too.

I changed the fuel points and I'll release new version when I have finished adding some details!

Version rc2 released 23.4.2012
-Modified fuel and ammo points
-Weather transitions (From night to dawn)! Choose between Stormy Dawn and Dawn.
-Some details added
-Other tweaks and fixes

Download: Aurora (4)

Also! If you have a good replay from this map feel free to post it here. I think it could be useful for me to watch them.

This post has been edited by MrLate: Apr 23 2012, 10:16 AM

+
# 9warhawks Apr 23 2012, 11:11 AM
Overall I don't think resources are an issue, the map plays like Duclair in that the +10 fuels in the corners are key, which is fine.

We tried saving the replays, but they don't save, that is, they don't show up in-game. The only thing you can see is the temp.rec at which time you can rename it, but still it won't show up on RO.

We will most likely continue to play the map and continue to provide comments. That being said, I would NOT make map changes based on our comments as we make them. Perhaps gather a recommendations list, then consider them all at the same time.

Thanks for the map.

+
# 10MrLate Apr 23 2012, 11:35 AM
I guess you need to use this http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=599636 to make the replays working.

And I already changed the resource points but if it plays worse now I'll change them back how they were.

And yeah, thanks for playing the map! More feedback I get the better.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)