Tiberium Alliances

Alliance leadership and motivations

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Czin644 Mar 28 2012, 01:25 AM
hi2u! I started an alliance(s) for lulz and people are actually joining! D:

I'm terribly new; having just started a few days ago. Do yall have any advice or tips for running one? Also, what are good objectives for an alliance? I have read that its important to control / farm the gold 'bases' but I still don't know much about that, where the good spots are, or what I should be on the lookout for. Even the techniques of moving/crusading toward the gold bases together is something I can only guess at.

I'd also welcome any advice for coordinated PvP attacks or farming tricks that an alliance should be working on!

Its not that I don't care to learn this stuff the hard way; just that I'd hate to let these people down! biggrin.gif

Thanks! <3

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2Vivo Mar 28 2012, 17:59 PM
As far as I know, there is no single right way to manage an alliance. People come and go, but as long as you are active and communicate with your alliance members, you should do just fine. When it comes to goals and objectives, you may set short term objectives, mid term and long term objectives. World domination is always a good one. biggrin.gif

What server are you playing on?

When it comes to those forgotten bases, they don't differ much from outposts loot wise, but they are harder to kill. I think that the best way to move up on the ladder is to find couple of several tunnel exits, and then farm outposts for a while. When the outposts become easy for your army, it's time for your alliance to move towards higher level outposts. You might get quite nice loots from players, but if your opponent knows what he's doing, it's much more rewarding to attack Forgotten. (Loot wise that is)

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: Generals 2

+
# 3Czin644 Mar 28 2012, 23:24 PM
Thanks for the info, that is really interesting. We're on 9 in the south. We happened to spawn on the golds (lol?) but the tunnels are a bit away. There are 15s to the north amidst the bases and there are 13s to the south. So with what you've said, should we be heading south or is 15 low enough to get started on? Everyone is mostly 10ish.

+
# 4Vivo Mar 29 2012, 09:01 AM
It's good to be close to the forgotten bases, but I wouldn't attack them in the beginning - Camps and outposts are the way to start.

Level 13 tunnels would be closer to your level, but it all depends on how far south you'd need to move to reach those tunnels. Currently moving is quite expensive so if your alliance's long term goal is to move closer to the center of the map, there's not much sense to move south. Tunnels start spawning outposts when your base is within couple of levels of the level of the tunnel. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, a tunnel can spawn outposts + - 2 levels from the level of the tunnel. IE. level 13 tunnel can spawn outposts from level 11 to level 15. If you are currently level 10, level 11 outposts might be quite difficult for your to destroy.

+
# 5Czin644 Apr 5 2012, 05:37 AM
Moar questions! biggrin.gif

So as we recruited we ended up with a ton of space and enveloped the 13 and 14 tunnels (though they were few between us). We're in the process of moving to the 15s in a slow, general sort of way. I'm mostly just running around murdering people who need murdering. biggrin.gif

There are literally 8 or 9 lvl 15 tunnels clustered up together in a roughly 20x20 area. Do you know if having many tunnels together will give us extra spawns? At the least I imagine it will let us settle the area with our neighboring allies, but I'm unsure of the future. Past them are some 17 and 20 tunnels.. but in far fewer numbers.. maybe 2 or 3. Will that be enough for a 20+ (active) member alliance?

+
# 6Vivo Apr 5 2012, 08:07 AM
The latest patch changed how camps and outposts spawn - the level of your army is what now defines this instead of your construction yard or command center. (this patch will probably be applied on your server within a week from now) This means that there is absolutely no reason to head towards higher level tunnels unless your army level is close to the level of the tunnels.

I'm not exactly sure how many outposts a tunnel can spawn so I can't say that would 3 tunnels be enough for 20 players. It probably is, but it takes some time for you to level up so that they'll start producing outposts. I'm sure that 8-9 tunnels would be more than enough for 20 players. :-)

+
# 7methuselah Apr 10 2012, 17:54 PM
I'm guessing 8-9 tunnels will keep everyone plenty busy. Congratulations on getting your alliance rolling it sounds like it is going quite well.

Clan: GameReplays.org

+
# 8Czin644 Apr 10 2012, 18:13 PM
Thanks! It really has been a blast. Kinda RPing a 40k Inquisitor and roaming around our territory declaring people heretics and purging them with the Emperor's venerated Firehawks! I even got to declare someone an apostate and send him into exile! biggrin.gif

Parody aside they're a pretty cool bunch of people, we're up to 41 now after trimming out the people who afk'd shortly after being invited. The server is still very young and we've lots of new faces but its working out well enough!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)