Company of Heroes

Tellers

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Hawk218 Mar 31 2012, 16:42 PM
I never thought much of tellers until i had a game where the guy used them everywhere. NOw my problem came from the fact that i lost 3 m18's, 2 vetted airborne to them (placed them at at guns, men went to crew it and kaboom). After that, i just quit, its not fun playing against insta gib mines Now i know your going to say "minesweepers" but the my problem is it insta gibs US units. IM just going to flat out say this: imo, things that insta gib units, ESPECIALLY american units are unfair. Just cause, the american win or lose depends on vet, and have a MUCh harder time gaining and keeping it. There is Nothing though in ANY other arsenal that insta gibs units this expensive. Ive never seen an ostwind insta gibbed, same cost as a m18 (roughly). IMO, any t4 units shoud not be insta gibbed. I get that theya re exclusivly at mines, so maybe remove all but a sliver of health and cripple engines, almost the same, but a chance of recovery. I coulodnt get minsweepers cause i had all my engies equipped with flamers already

I admit i got outplayed he head some clever minse placements, but this is lamost the same as sector aRTY INSTA GIBBING VET 3 Rangers.pure bullshit

+
# 2paria Mar 31 2012, 16:51 PM
You've never used Demolition Charges, have you?

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3Hawk218 Mar 31 2012, 17:06 PM
QUOTE(paria @ Mar 31 2012, 16:51 PM) *

You've never used Demolition Charges, have you?

You cant put them on the ground, i dont THINK you can attach them to a at gun, and they dont insta gib tanks

+
# 4paria Mar 31 2012, 17:37 PM
Commando Demolition Charges can be placed anywhere. Others can be placed on bridges to destroy a large groups of units in 1 go (not that bridge maps are good for judging balance but i digress...) as well as on buildings.

And Teller Mines won't destroy most tanks at full health. I don't believe they are overpowered in any way.

+
# 5bopokippo Mar 31 2012, 20:06 PM
M8 mines are wayyyyyyyyy better.

They can insta shot light vehicles but most importantly, insta gib ENTIRE SQUADS of volks or PGs instantly, leaving as you say, no room for recovery. An M8 mine is more likely to insta kill a squad/s and several important units like MGs or snipers than a teller is to kill a medium vehicle. A lot of heavier vehicles will take minimal damage but get immobilized. M8 mines can also be placed more forwardly and take shorter to plant. Tellers are also doctrinal, M8 mines are not.

+
# 6LeiwoUnion Apr 1 2012, 08:53 AM
Minesweeeeeeeeeeeppeeeerzz...

+
# 7Moon Pine Apr 1 2012, 11:39 AM
If you see no doctrine special ability used by the PE, upgrade an mine sweeper when u get the ur first M8.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 8paria Apr 1 2012, 11:42 AM
QUOTE(Moon Pine @ Apr 1 2012, 21:09 PM) *

If you see no doctrine special ability used by the PE, upgrade an mine sweeper when u get the ur first M8.

Better yet, do so as soon as you see the repair kits on the Kettenkrad.

+
# 9Breegull Apr 1 2012, 14:46 PM
I can imagine losing the first m8 to a teller (although Moon Pie gave some good advice on this), but all the subsequent losses after that were your fault. Why? Because you should have got some bloody minesweepers to clear the area for your vehicles/AT guns. Don't tell me your engineers already had flamethrowers. Build another engi or two. Only 140 mp and 35 munitions. You've made it back with interest after you clear your first mine. It is also a common tactic to put a teller on decrewed AT guns, so you should always be wary of this.

+
# 10sheriff_McLawDog Apr 1 2012, 22:28 PM
QUOTE(paria @ Mar 31 2012, 12:37 PM) *

Commando Demolition Charges.....

Please don't make me be british anymore..

Anyhow, teller mines seem just fine. For fifty muni they do as much damage as you would want, considering they don't get automatically set off by inf like M8 mines do. Minesweepers.

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 11paria Apr 1 2012, 22:31 PM
Haha, yeah. As much as i hate the Brits, i must admit they do have some good stuff.

+
# 12Hawk218 Apr 6 2012, 00:49 AM
I do admit this was a wee bit of a rage post, i was pissed after this game lol. Losing the tanks didnt bother me, it was the loss of vet 3 airbornes. I had skipped my motor pool cause i went airborne. I didnt get engineer/sweepers not cause thr cost, but the pop, ibwas running out. I got tanks cause my opponent ONLY got ist's and g43's so i needed some vehichle support. I held them off with a mix of airborne, mg's, and at guns. When i lost both airbornes, one right after thr other (i sent each to recrew the at guns at the same time) i quit

+
# 13GreenDevil! Apr 7 2012, 10:41 AM
Wait what, you lost 3 airborne squads to teller mines? Im pretty sure they can't be set off by infantry, lol.

+
# 14Ztormi Apr 7 2012, 11:42 AM
QUOTE(GreenDevil! @ Apr 7 2012, 12:41 PM) *

Wait what, you lost 3 airborne squads to teller mines? Im pretty sure they can't be set off by infantry, lol.

They can't but his opponent probably left teller surprise under decrewed at gun, which is vehicle. Recrew with airborne>Dead airborne.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)