Dawn of War 2

Autarch damage

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1sheriff_McLawDog Apr 12 2012, 02:37 AM
Just played a strange game that got me thinking.

I had an autarch with the spear upgun that was not doing dick for damage vs IG and Chaos vehicles. Was only damaging a bloodcrusher around 12dps. lost autarch.

next call i gave the autarch the beam gun upgrade and was only getting 13-17dps against lvl 1 chaos dread(unsupported). dread didn't have full health to begin with and I had a brightlance supporting the autarch and still couldn't get the thing much below half health and lost the engagement.

I was told that the autarch gun was great AV, but I really wasn't feeling it. was there something I was doing wrong? or was this a round of shitty dice rolls? or should i not use the autarch?
... 333 453

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 2Riserise Apr 12 2012, 02:54 AM
Autarch's Executioner Spear - Unlike Banshee Exarch's Executioner, this one does power_melee damage. Has a heavy_melee icon for god knows what reason. Not a reliable source of AV.

Fusion Gun - 28 dps melta damage which translates to roughly 20 dps raw damage to vehicle armor. Take into account the Autarch's speed and survivability and you get one of the best vehicle killers in the game.

Fusion Gun also does more damage the closer to target the Autarch is. Frankly I have no idea how much of an effect this has.

I don't know what the Dread was doing (maybe it was using Bloodrage?) but BL + Fusion Gun should take vehicles down extremely fast.
1383 1364 1398

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 3Nuclear Arbitor Apr 12 2012, 03:52 AM
fusion gun is good against vehicles. walkers have to much health and tend to want to charge her. and was it a vanilla dread? kdread is fucking insane with 2k health and some sort of damage reduction.

+
# 4Rokco Apr 12 2012, 10:23 AM
Yeah, Spear does Power melee, so only really noticeable damage vs Trukk and Razorback.

Gun does 28 melta dps. Melta does .75 damage to vehicles, which means 21 dps vs vehicles. Not huge, considering it's short range, but it's potency lies in the manoeuvrability of the wielder. It is nigh on impossible to escape the deadly grasp of an autarch with even the fastest vehicle.

Walkers generally have too much hp for the gun to be effective, and can just try and get into melee with the Autarch instead of flee like other vehicles.

The gun does not have a range modifier, so it does 28 dps at any range (contradictive to what RiseRise said), it also ignores cover, which makes it a great building counter.

Sauce: http://dow.wikia.com/wiki/Retribution/Eld_Fusion_Gun
1040 1062 1147

+
# 5Riserise Apr 12 2012, 11:56 AM
QUOTE(Rokco @ Apr 12 2012, 13:23 PM) *

The gun does not have a range modifier, so it does 28 dps at any range (contradictive to what RiseRise said)

I think the default tooptip says otherwise although I'm propably thinking about Meltaguns.
1383 1364 1398

+
# 6Rokco Apr 12 2012, 13:56 PM
I checked all the melta/multimelta type weapons in the game on the Wiki. It says none have a range modifier. Only weapons I know with a range modifier are shottie scouts and KNob Speshul Shoota.
1040 1062 1147

+
# 7sheriff_McLawDog Apr 12 2012, 15:19 PM
Thanks for the tips. I would assume for walker units(dreads) the best combo here would be brightlance + FP?

I used to utilize the fs a lot for singing spear av, but lately i have been going with ws entangle for anti-super heavy inf, so that is off the table( I have never used the ws powerblades so i have no thoughts here). I was hesitant to use T2 Banshee AV coz i didnt think they would do enough damage to the walker in exchange for the amount of models lost(could be wrong here too. thoughts?). Also, I usually get wraithlord but always upgrade the AI cannon instead of the AV one. Is that a mistake?

Thanks again for your help!
... 333 453

+
# 8Rokco Apr 12 2012, 16:11 PM
Walkers can be hard for Eldar to counter in Tier 2 but the best bet is Warp Spider grenades and shoot it down with Brightlance. Use Crackshot/guide on the brightlance for extra damage and use upgraded shees or Singing Spear FS in melee ONLY when the walker is under the snare effect, otherwise, they'll be eaten up.
1040 1062 1147

+
# 9Nuclear Arbitor Apr 12 2012, 19:24 PM
lvled farseer with singing spear can do fine against a walker. added in rune armour and spirit stones and she does really well.

and yeah, the loading tip for meltas is wrong then as it does say that they do more damage the closer they are...

+
# 10NNank Apr 12 2012, 23:14 PM
QUOTE(Rokco @ Apr 13 2012, 02:11 AM) *

Walkers can be hard for Eldar to counter in Tier 2 but the best bet is Warp Spider grenades and shoot it down with Brightlance. Use Crackshot/guide on the brightlance for extra damage and use upgraded shees or Singing Spear FS in melee ONLY when the walker is under the snare effect, otherwise, they'll be eaten up.

A farseer needs to be at least level 5 or above (preferably) with a singing spear to take on a walker. And then it'd be touch and go. So the walker needs to be unsupported and maybe you should think about it.
1310 981 1235

Game: Achron

+
# 11Cyridius Apr 13 2012, 11:35 AM
You're stupid to engage SS FS with a walker. She won't solo it for sure, but she'll do a fuck tonne of damage before safely retreat and you gain nothing. Furthermore a Fortune-Spirit Stones FS can go toe to toe with walkers like deff dreads, BC or ranged dreadnoughts, but needs levels to handle melee walkers WL. She'll never solo a rage dread.
She's a nightmare for transports and tanks. Get her in the rear armour, and the shees in front, with a haywire, you'll probably even be able to handle kdreads(I know I have but dread was poorly supported). If you're opponent has multiple melee snares, however, she's not particularly useful in AV capacity but is good for drawing aggro from the army and soaking up DPS fdor a few seconds. WSE with PowerBlades and just tele in and disrupt the fuck out of everything though regardless of snares. Squishier though. A haywire then tele in + shimmer orb with power blades can spell death for the likes of SM vechs cus they don't have melee units to handle WSE.
In general however Eldar does struggle with walkers. They don't have accurate mobile AV to put in a transport and kite walkers with like Orks or SM, balanced out by a snare of such potency like haywire though.
1124 1142 1152

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)