Dawn of War 2

IG vs. nade tics + 2xCSM + NM

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1SeismicSquall Apr 13 2012, 13:54 PM
as IG (commie), nade tics + 2xCSM + NM makes me shit my pants as soon as I see them. I go standard 2xgm + sent + catas. He seriously puts the pain on fast. The nades just shred my gms while NM get closer and then its game over. Sent can't stomp cause moving him forward is suicide against 2 csms. Eventually i get catas and grenade his blob, but that just delays the inevitable. Do i need more cents against this BO or more catas?

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 2Rokco Apr 13 2012, 14:42 PM
Chaos AOE not your friend as IG. Best bet is 2 sent because NM can't do much to this, and neither can nade tics. Don't try and use your sent to counter his ranged units, just keep him back repairing, stomping any heroes that try run in.

Catachans recent buffs make them far more viable seen as AOE wont hurt them very much, but I think 2x sent is still better vs chaos.

Tie up NM with hero and then focus with Gm to force them off.

Flares, of course, as commie will shut down all that ranged firepower temporarily.

Finally, just try and get Tier 2 for a Chimera.
1040 1062 1147

+
# 3Mor2ton Apr 13 2012, 15:10 PM
It is possible to win that battle all depends on micro during it. Here is how should look your strike force:
----- sent
--CL
cats GM GM

You draw fire with your sent then pull it back a bit and repair, next CL turns on his shield and go to melee NM, it doesnt matter if they use cacaphony, only thing whats matter is that they dont shoot your army, in same time you will probalby have to dodge tic granade barrage. After that you need to focuse fire on tic and when you drop their health to 60% use catachans Ol' Reliable which should result in squad wipe(as most player wont retreat with 60% hp heretics). Next use explosive blast on csm and stomp them with sent when they still lay on ground.Focus fire on NM(in same time you will probalby need to retreat with hero). After you force NM to retreat use catchans melee on csm and focus them with your 2xgm + sent.

I find this battle impossible to win when i play as LG, but with CL or INQ it should work.

This post has been edited by Mor2ton: Apr 13 2012, 16:56 PM
... 1223 1487

+
# 4Riserise Apr 13 2012, 15:22 PM
2xSent, Catas, Power Sword

Try to pick small fights and force off his lone Heretics/hero/CSM who are likely going to be his main capping force. Engaging the bulk of his army is risky, even with good micro. It's not like your army isn't scary but you're not the one wearing heavy armor.

Always try to be aware of where his Noise Marines are located so they don't ninja-bash you.

His BO doesn't scale into AV so Chimera goes without saying. When he gets Plague Marines just flare and focus fire.

That's the idea from a Chaos player's perspective.

This post has been edited by Riserise: Apr 13 2012, 15:29 PM
1383 1364 1398

+
# 5SeismicSquall Apr 13 2012, 15:33 PM
Wow, thanks, for the quick response. I will try out next time if i remember, I don't usually see NM with 2 CSMs, thats why it threw me off so bad. Is there a point in getting MG against this BO?

+
# 6Riserise Apr 13 2012, 16:09 PM
2xCSM into Noise Marines gets you lots of momentum and can be insanely hard to defend against if you start off poorly. You just have to anticipate it.
1383 1364 1398

+
# 7Cyridius Apr 13 2012, 16:51 PM
There's no point in getting a HWT. Noise Marines or Nade Tics will hard counter them.

Would suggest either 2 GM 2 Sent + Power Sword into t2, or 2 GM 1 Sent 1 Chan + Power Sword into t2. The second option is 40 more power, but can stand up to 2 CSM + NM in a fight.
1124 1142 1152

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 8SeismicSquall Apr 13 2012, 17:13 PM
QUOTE(WNxBizzie @ Apr 13 2012, 12:51 PM) *

There's no point in getting a HWT. Noise Marines or Nade Tics will hard counter them.

Would suggest either 2 GM 2 Sent + Power Sword into t2, or 2 GM 1 Sent 1 Chan + Power Sword into t2. The second option is 40 more power, but can stand up to 2 CSM + NM in a fight.

How can NM counter HWT without flanking. HWT seems as the best counter (on paper).

+
# 9Asmon Apr 13 2012, 17:26 PM
QUOTE(SeismicSquall @ Apr 13 2012, 18:13 PM) *

How can NM counter HWT without flanking. HWT seems as the best counter (on paper).

They will A-move to your HWT. Problem?

1503 1646 1718

+
# 10Cyridius Apr 13 2012, 19:15 PM
Noise Marines instantly desetup your HWT. Furthermore the 3 front members of the HWT are unarmed and if you tell the HWT to attack they'll run forward into range of Noise Marines, or into melee. If you don't believe me(coming from someone who plays a lot of Chaos), try HWT yourself.
1124 1142 1152

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 11Rokco Apr 13 2012, 20:53 PM
NM can tough out the run up and then fire normally. Best NM counter is hero melee.
1040 1062 1147

+
# 12PanzerX Apr 13 2012, 21:21 PM
QUOTE(Rokco @ Apr 13 2012, 12:53 PM) *

NM can tough out the run up and then fire normally. Best NM counter is hero melee.

cacophony FF, any hero ig hero will be forced to retreat.

Your best bet is 2x sent, 3x gm, 2 repairing 1 capping, and your hero. Use sent to FF NM and play with ALOT of cover. If Inq, try to if close enough, HTW them, then retreat because you will prob be FF. Force them off, force CSM with ur sents, cap with the 3rd GM, go to t2.

T2 get chim OR ogryns, maybe storms with hotshot las. Upgrade Inq with inferno pistol, Commie with pfist and stubborness, LG with sniper and commie wargear for reduc damage and continue to push him/her off.

If he goes BC, your ogryns and inq will deal with it, your ogryns and commie will deal with it, your LG will have a bit of a tricky time but if you position it right, your ogryns will be able to force it off, that is if you equip sarge and medipack to ogryns, or you can get storms, invis in and FF bC then retreat.

http://www.gamereplays.org/dawnofwar2/repl...s&id=260731

My inq play, not the best since i am uber rusty, but a starting point. If he had gone NM, then it would have been pretty hard to contend with.

+
# 13Rokco Apr 13 2012, 23:57 PM
Don't use cover vs Noise Marines unless you want to take 1.5x damage, but do so vs CSM.
1040 1062 1147

+
# 14blaqk Apr 14 2012, 16:33 PM
I disagree with a large majority of the advice in this thread. Not saying it's wrong, but more likely than not what is at issue here is your control, not your build order.

Would you mind posting a replay or two up, even if they are quick/you feel like you did bad? I would be happy to look at is as a Com player, and give you tips on how to engage that can help you manhandle this BO. At least in my experience this particular BO is pretty bad when you understand how to engage with your standard IG force. I'll be sure to post up any replays I get of me vs it as well.

Game: Company of Heroes

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)