Explore GameReplays...

Tiberium Alliances

Relocation Time Question

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Czin644 Apr 14 2012, 17:41 PM
Can anyone with a high level base give me some numbers on what relocation time is like for you? Distance traveled vs delay at a certain level base.

I'm trying to develop some gorilla warfare style strategy and tactics for attacking and harassing when outnumbered and had this idea that maybe artificially lowering the base level to 7 or as close as possible might be worth it to let you outmaneuvers powerful defenders while still getting into position to attack more vulnerable targets. Unfortunately I don't really have any idea of what the penalties are or where a 'sweet spot' might be.

Thanks!

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2number45_ Apr 14 2012, 18:11 PM
If you're going to be attacking you need to know there is a 20 hour recovery period during which you can't move. That seems to be the same regardless of base level.

Just moving itself lower level bases do seem to recover quicker than higher ones. Don't know exact timescales though but my level 16 base was probably an hour at least quicker to recover than my level 18.

Game: None

+
# 3Vivo Apr 14 2012, 18:28 PM
Artificially decreasing the level of your base, how does that work? Wouldn't it require you to sell your buildings / meatshield?

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 4Czin644 Apr 14 2012, 18:30 PM
QUOTE(-null- @ Apr 14 2012, 14:11 PM) *

If you're going to be attacking you need to know there is a 20 hour recovery period during which you can't move. That seems to be the same regardless of base level.

I'm counting on that! I've noticed that people I intercept and destroy are off fighting my allies out of my range long before the cooldown has been reached. I definitely don't think the system is perfect.. but hey, wish in one hand and shit in the other right? I'm betting that if I moved near some reds I could provoke their attack without having to attack myself - allowing me to move past them while trapping them in place. It wouldn't be much point if I was stuck for 3 hours after a short hop though! An hour might even be too much... =/

I'm working on some other strategies too... I just war dec'd all of the large clans around me so I'll have the perfect opportunity to try this kind of stuff on 13! ^^ This one is intimidating though.. not sure if I want to sack my bases's production to test it! lol D:

@Vivo that is what I had in mind yes. Selling them or keeping them at 1; which ever was more effective to offset the level of my combat structures.

+
# 5lolzarz Apr 15 2012, 07:50 AM
QUOTE(Czin644 @ Apr 15 2012, 01:41 AM) *

Can anyone with a high level base give me some numbers on what relocation time is like for you? Distance traveled vs delay at a certain level base.

I'm trying to develop some gorilla warfare style strategy and tactics for attacking and harassing when outnumbered and had this idea that maybe artificially lowering the base level to 7 or as close as possible might be worth it to let you outmaneuvers powerful defenders while still getting into position to attack more vulnerable targets. Unfortunately I don't really have any idea of what the penalties are or where a 'sweet spot' might be.

Thanks!

You"re trying to use gorillas to fight a modern army. OK...

Game: None

+
# 6Czin644 Apr 15 2012, 16:57 PM
I've collected this information so far

lvl 14.14 1 hour + 8 minutes per click
@ 20 3:40

lvl 12.34 1 hour + 6 minutes per click
@ 20 3:00

lvl 11.1 1 hour + 5 minutes per click
@ 20 2:40

lvl 9.79 1 hour + 3 minutes per click
@ 20 2:00

So it looks like its 60 + (Base Level - 6) * Distance. Can anyone with a higher level base confirm that it maintains that?

This post has been edited by Czin644: Apr 16 2012, 00:22 AM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)