RotWK Unofficial 202

2.02 won't start

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1JVC Apr 14 2012, 20:35 PM
Hey, any solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue. I can start the patch launcher, and when I click on "start game" it acts like it's going to open for a few seconds and then just stops and does nothing. I can't open 2.01 if I disable 2.02 through the patch launcher either. No error messages or anything. I'm running Windows 7 64bit and have had the game installed on this computer before with no problems (2.01 only). I tried a complete reinstall of the games and 2.02 worked once, and then same problem as before. I'm not running a cracked version or anything. Some posts in the forums seemed to indicate that the options.ini file in AppData>Roaming>... is a common problem. I tried a few different variations of this file based on what users had posted, but no dice. I don't doubt 2.02 is an improvement, but if it's an enormous pain to get to work then...

Anyway, if anyone knows how to fix this let me know. thanks

+
# 2Sentinus Apr 15 2012, 08:34 AM
I moved your post into a new topic as that one was quite old.

I don't think the appdata thing is the issue, as 2.01 wouldn't work either then.

Did you download a full installer rather than simply an update? You need to have the full installer if you haven't had the patch before.

Otherwise Forlong might be better placed to answer this.

Game: RotWK Unofficial 202

+
# 3redadrian Apr 16 2012, 08:35 AM
I've been having the same problem since the last patch, only when enabling the 2.02 version. I didn't brought it up because I thought it was just an error on my new computer's part, which is also widescreen (3/2 I believe). In about 75-90% of the cases at me it won't start from the first try and it will remain stuck unless you do something and then go for a second try (rest of % going to the first try win). Luckily, it can be avoided. Since I use Windows XP, I can bring up the task mananger, go to processes and interrupt the "lotrbfme2ep1.exe" process. It takes about 1 or 2 minutes before it brings up an error message and the game stops. At the second attempt after this it always worked for me.

This is only a temporary solution and there could be others. I know the 2.02 staff has its hands full, but please try to fix this problem (not sure why, but you've also probably seen a purple background surrounding the patch launcher menu and I believe it may be related). And welcome to GR, JVC thumb.gif

This post has been edited by redadrian: Apr 16 2012, 08:42 AM

+
# 4Forlong Apr 18 2012, 02:59 AM
QUOTE(redadrian @ Apr 16 2012, 03:35 AM) *
I've been having the same problem since the last patch, only when enabling the 2.02 version. I didn't brought it up because I thought it was just an error on my new computer's part, which is also widescreen (3/2 I believe). In about 75-90% of the cases at me it won't start from the first try and it will remain stuck unless you do something and then go for a second try (rest of % going to the first try win). Luckily, it can be avoided. Since I use Windows XP, I can bring up the task mananger, go to processes and interrupt the "lotrbfme2ep1.exe" process. It takes about 1 or 2 minutes before it brings up an error message and the game stops. At the second attempt after this it always worked for me.

This is only a temporary solution and there could be others. I know the 2.02 staff has its hands full, but please try to fix this problem (not sure why, but you've also probably seen a purple background surrounding the patch launcher menu and I believe it may be related). And welcome to GR, JVC thumb.gif

I don't think that's related to 2.02. 2.02 only touches configuration files; it's not really capable of screwing up how the game loads.

I don't know how to solve your problem JVC, sorry. post-13661-1143531603.gif You should probably try EA customer support.

+
# 5JVC Apr 25 2012, 00:15 AM
Well, I reinstalled everything again, and it's starting correctly now. Hoping it lasts smile.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)