Red Alert 3

#854 Maniek(A) vs DoingMonkeyDance(A) - Pool Party 1v1

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Commissioner Sybert Apr 18 2012, 07:30 AM

We've got Maniek (iCyro) and another fellow DoingMonkeyDance on the custom Pool Party map, and it is a pretty fun time. Hit it up to join in the fun.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2Couch Apr 18 2012, 18:05 PM
Thanks Sy for this once again neat commentary.

While watching at that point when Monkey had his force of Guardians and Javelins vs. some Javelines and some peacekeepers, I was wondering why you made such a big problem out of the peacekeepers. You were like 'he doesn't have any anti-infantry units' and I was like 'he's got fucking tanks!' and then later at the final engagement, it seemed like Monkey didn't realise that he has Tanks who are slidely bigger than infantry either. He was just a-click-ing his force of Guardians and Javelins against the enemy Javelins and Peacekeepers...

It was funny how you called the Riptide APC and not Riptide ACV - even though you checked the unit out a couple of times and the name was clearly visible tongue.gif APC sounds familiar though, I don't where I've heard it but it could have been me as well who says Riptide APC.

Anyway, thanks for the commentary, keep it up thumb.gif

Clan: TNG-

Game: None

+
# 3Maniek Apr 19 2012, 12:13 PM
Nice cast. I like a fact that you pay attention on everthing which happens on the map.

What do you think about the map, Sybert?

Game: Battlefield 3

+
# 4Eminence Apr 19 2012, 16:31 PM
Who is that player ? (doingmonkeydance)

Will watch the game later and comment, thx for the VoD again, Sybert smile.gif

Clan: m8s

+
# 5Zrethya Apr 20 2012, 10:18 AM
QUOTE(Eminence @ Apr 19 2012, 16:31 PM) *

Who is that player ? (doingmonkeydance)

It's MunQ : Finnish dude who plays mostly 3v3 custom maps (Clefted, burnt out, and so on...) with Kalamies and MR.JUHQ.

This post has been edited by Zrethya: Apr 20 2012, 11:38 AM

+
# 6Omnikrom Apr 22 2012, 10:40 AM
It was a bit disappointing to see Maniek lose after it seemed like he had the advantage early on.
Well played to MonkeyDance for beating Maniek, though.

+
# 7Maniek Apr 22 2012, 10:56 AM
QUOTE(Omnikrom @ Apr 22 2012, 10:40 AM) *

It was a bit disappointing to see Maniek lose after it seemed like he had the advantage early on.
Well played to MonkeyDance for beating Maniek, though.

Such a shame srsly smile.gif

Game: Battlefield 3

+
# 8Commissioner Sybert Apr 23 2012, 07:49 AM
QUOTE(Couch @ Apr 18 2012, 10:05 AM) *

While watching at that point when Monkey had his force of Guardians and Javelins vs. some Javelines and some peacekeepers, I was wondering why you made such a big problem out of the peacekeepers. You were like 'he doesn't have any anti-infantry units' and I was like 'he's got fucking tanks!'

Because of reasons. I was all: "He doesn't have proper anti infantry. That's a big deal." Without really thinking about how tanks can just run over infantry.

QUOTE(Couch @ Apr 18 2012, 10:05 AM) *
It was funny how you called the Riptide APC and not Riptide ACV - even though you checked the unit out a couple of times and the name was clearly visible.

Yeah I do that sometimes. Any time I check something ingame I have a big battle with myself about how I should already know it and should be covering something else instead of wasting everyone's time.

QUOTE(Maniek @ Apr 19 2012, 04:13 AM) *

Nice cast. I like a fact that you pay attention on everthing which happens on the map.

What do you think about the map, Sybert?

I think the map is pretty good. You did a good job adapting it. I wish people played it more since there aren't very many maps in the ranked pool.

+
# 9Omnikrom Apr 23 2012, 09:40 AM
Sybert,
First of all, I appreciate your work and generally speaking the vods are nice to watch, but:
- Take a breath sometimes and relax. You have a nice way of speaking, but in all your effort to come across as a smooth swift speaking broadcaster you forget a lot of basic simple information, such as names of players, units and what not.

It's important for the viewer not to be distracted all the time by such simple mistakes as forgetting names of anything.

Other then that you do a good thing of covering most of the things that happen on the map and you quickly go through each player's handlings and to some extent tactics.

Just some feedback! Thanks for all your effort, anyway. smile.gif

+
# 10Eminence Apr 23 2012, 22:18 PM
For some reason, I wish you would post more often, Omnikrom wink.gif

+
# 11Commissioner Sybert Apr 24 2012, 08:03 AM
QUOTE(Omnikrom @ Apr 23 2012, 01:40 AM) *
Take a breath sometimes and relax. You have a nice way of speaking, but in all your effort to come across as a smooth swift speaking broadcaster you forget a lot of basic simple information, such as names of players, units and what not.

I'm not sure how you meant that to sound, but just so you know I don't purposefully try talk super quickly. That came about as the result of me wanting to cover as much as possible quickly, getting into the match, an old BCPT commentating tip, and some commentators that I watch. However, you are right I do need to work at trying to remember player names and other information.

QUOTE(Omnikrom @ Apr 23 2012, 01:40 AM) *
It's important for the viewer not to be distracted all the time by such simple mistakes as forgetting names of anything.

Other then that you do a good thing of covering most of the things that happen on the map and you quickly go through each player's handlings and to some extent tactics.

Just some feedback! Thanks for all your effort, anyway. smile.gif

Always enjoy feedback, almost always helps me improve.

+
# 12Omnikrom Apr 24 2012, 11:38 AM
QUOTE(Eminence @ Apr 23 2012, 22:18 PM) *

For some reason, I wish you would post more often, Omnikrom wink.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE(Sybert @ Apr 24 2012, 08:03 AM) *

I'm not sure how you meant that to sound, but just so you know I don't purposefully try talk super quickly. That came about as the result of me wanting to cover as much as possible quickly, getting into the match, an old BCPT commentating tip, and some commentators that I watch. However, you are right I do need to work at trying to remember player names and other information.

Always enjoy feedback, almost always helps me improve.

Yea, but I meant you are trying to cover everything and talk quickly to do it, but if you'd cut out all the unnecessary mistakes and in some cases repetition you could have a breather every now and then and still cover most of the things that are happening wink.gif

But hey, I am not even sure if I could cast a game as well as you already do, so am I to judge. wink.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)