req: 15.1GB diskspace ╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

This post has been edited by hicksi: Apr 20 2012, 09:55 AM

Clan: Insane

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2chains Apr 20 2012, 12:57 PM
Ok I'm ready to play.. and according to this:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/conv...=137&p2=291

The game will be open from 21:00 if you live in GMT+1 (GMT+2 because we are in summertime..)

This post has been edited by chains: Apr 20 2012, 13:54 PM

Clan: Wheres My Demo

+
# 3ConGrUenCy Apr 20 2012, 16:00 PM
Moved to the mess hall.

+
# 4sheriff_McLawDog Apr 22 2012, 02:39 AM
I got a beta invite for this a little while back and found the game to be unimpressive. I played diablo 2 a lot even though the gameplay was mediocre because I really liked the item and trade system, with the different chat/trade channels and unidentified items, soj as currency, etc. In my first experiences with D3 I found the combat to be as simple and samey as it was in diablo 2. The characters have not changed much.. one could be forgiven for saying they haven't changed at all, just received a fresh coat of paint (barb(barb), monk(paladin), demon hunter(amazon/assassin), witch doctor(necro), and wizard(sorcerer)). The leveling and skills system is IMO better than D2 but not much, and not enough to have any significant impact on a players overall experience compared to D2.

IMO the hardest blow was not the items themselves but the trade system as a whole which will most likely ruin any chance for me to have fun with this game. Trade channels will be severely impeded if not completely functionless since bnet changed over to the matchmaking and friends/social system first seen in starcraft2.(less official channels in general for people to hang out in and advertise, less people channel surfing because of the matchmaking system). I am fairly confident that people will not be forced to use the auction/realmoney system to trade, but any use at all will detract from what could be called the 'traditional' economy. Also people with good items wont as much be looking to trade but rather to sell items to try and get real money since there is no shortage of people who don't mind buying the best instead of earning it through questing or effective trade. That at least for me is the last nail in the coffin.

However, I do sincerely hope to be proven wrong.

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)