Dota 2

Dota 2 Will Be Free to Play

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21ToRtUr3 Apr 24 2012, 19:38 PM
QUOTE(kustodian @ Apr 24 2012, 00:58 AM) *

I don't think they could enforce it, since people would just get mad, but what they could do is give you some positive points for voting people, but I have no idea with what kind of points.

Yeh, it is a pain in the ass thinking of something that would work. However, they have people that get paid for coming up with such ideas and working out a nice system. So let's see what happens. smile.gif

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 22Smash Apr 24 2012, 21:30 PM
Reputation system will NOT work until there will be heavy punishment for lyeing in rep system.
People need afraid to abuse it.

People are more afraid of ban in game that they paid 60$ than F2P...

I think Dota 2 will be ruined by F2P, micro-transaction always ruin game.
If i saw stupid skins and bad heroes every 2 weeks then i hope diablo 3 will be good.

Both LoL and HoN are very good example how terrible F2P is.

TF2 looks ridiculous with all this silly items, game impression is too important for me.

What is wrong with paying like 50-60$ for a game?
Valve is greed but i can only blame stupid customers that spend so much money in F2P models.

It is very sad news for me but thx god 15th may is close.

Game: Dota 2

+
# 23ToRtUr3 Apr 25 2012, 10:34 AM
QUOTE(Smash @ Apr 24 2012, 23:30 PM) *

Reputation system will NOT work until there will be heavy punishment for lyeing in rep system.
People need afraid to abuse it.

People are more afraid of ban in game that they paid 60$ than F2P...

I think Dota 2 will be ruined by F2P, micro-transaction always ruin game.
If i saw stupid skins and bad heroes every 2 weeks then i hope diablo 3 will be good.

Both LoL and HoN are very good example how terrible F2P is.

TF2 looks ridiculous with all this silly items, game impression is too important for me.

What is wrong with paying like 50-60$ for a game?
Valve is greed but i can only blame stupid customers that spend so much money in F2P models.

It is very sad news for me but thx god 15th may is close.

But you ARE aware that HoN started out as Pay-2-Play, right? They only turned f2p like a year ago or so to keep up with LoL and upcoming Dota2.

+
# 24somonels Apr 25 2012, 10:49 AM
QUOTE(ToRtUr3 @ Apr 25 2012, 10:34 AM) *

But you ARE aware that HoN started out as Pay-2-Play, right? They only turned f2p like a year ago or so to keep up with LoL and upcoming Dota2.

But you ARE aware... well, maybe not, but my experience of the last three-four months of Pay-to-Play were positive and the community was not only more polite and cooperative, the average player was a lot more skilled and knowledgeable. F2P, like most of S2 changes, screwed over support players.
I currently lean towards the opinion that I should have sold the account for full price when there was that option. I did not lose the rights to play a game but the game changed so much I don't want to play it anymore.

Game: None

+
# 25Gorb Apr 25 2012, 13:44 PM
QUOTE(somonels @ Apr 25 2012, 11:49 AM) *

But you ARE aware... well, maybe not, but my experience of the last three-four months of Pay-to-Play were positive and the community was not only more polite and cooperative, the average player was a lot more skilled and knowledgeable. F2P, like most of S2 changes, screwed over support players.

Your experience is not the norm, nor is it the average.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 26Nuraun Apr 25 2012, 14:37 PM
QUOTE(somonels @ Apr 25 2012, 11:49 AM) *

I currently lean towards the opinion that I should have sold the account for full price when there was that option. I did not lose the rights to play a game but the game changed so much I don't want to play it anymore.

Nononono, the enviroment in any MOBA game, DotA, HoN (pre-FTP) as well as LoL has always been contaminated, and no one really can thoroughly explain why, probably because it's a team game and people looove to blame other people for their mistakes smile.gif

+
# 27Utred Apr 25 2012, 14:50 PM
There is no other game with 4 allies that can each fuck up all your chances of winning. If there's only 1 ally(eg. RTS 2v2), there's less chance to get a bad one. If there's lots more(eg. FPS) it doesn't really matter if there's a few bad ones.
It's pretty clear how this can create a very hostile atmosphere, and they won't be able to change that no matter what they do.

Clan: Teh Staff

+
# 28Carnevour Apr 26 2012, 21:34 PM
Ill be short. Valve go for it. F2P concept is a good choice seeing as you actually can play the game and then decide is it worth your time or money (buying cosmetic stuff) unlike the P2P system, your less dependent on the bias or bought views of so called game critics or friends. A friend persuaded me to buy SC2, worst 50 down the drain a game that I dont play and in my opinion is boring as hell, just lying on my desktop.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 29Manji May 7 2012, 21:47 PM
I dont get why people cry about that commende are rare and wonder why you cant collect them like stars in super mario. valve wants to implent this system to reward People who actually contribute to the community and thats not about how hard you owned the game- Its not a rating of skill, its a rating about your gamer personality-. 99% of the games i play people dont talk much and when they open their mouth only shit comes out, fact is MOST of the people DONT contribute to the community so there is no point forcing people to rate.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 30Gameslayer989 May 8 2012, 16:20 PM
good point, except for the fact that because of how rare the commends are it is incredibly easy to abuse. Valve would have to either give out large rewards for small amounts or smal rewards for large amounts, and the former is way more open to abuse.

Clan: Team|Alias

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)