Explore GameReplays...

Tiberium Alliances

Any reason to get Watchtowers?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1methuselah Apr 21 2012, 20:23 PM
I have Titan's, Sam's are stupid (cost wise) so I'm wondering if there is any reason to get Watchtower's? Seems to me there is too little being thrown at you offensively from an infantry standpoint to invest in these.......but I don't have them so I don't know.

Anyone have both and think they are worthwhile? Or the opposite?

Clan: GameReplays.org

Game: Generals 2

+
# 2foofightersrule Apr 22 2012, 02:39 AM
This is purely speculation, but I can't imagine they'd be worthwhile, there's no infantry that isn't completely shredded by an MG nest. Seems like a waste of a spot on your defense, not to mention the waste of RP and $. I guess if you have someone bugging you with a lot of infantry it'd be worth it, but I haven't run in to anyone like that tongue.gif

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3methuselah Apr 22 2012, 03:23 AM
MG Nests are op, and I have been shredded by a 100% infantry only army but that was before the patch that pretty much ruled our armies like that by tweaking the repair points. Now? Seems really unlikely.

Clan: GameReplays.org

Game: Generals 2

+
# 4Vivo Apr 22 2012, 07:02 AM
I have a watchtower. I'm sure that 3 MG nests would be more effective and harder to kill than a watchtower, but the thing is that I really don't enough good spaces for 3 MG nests.

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 5foofightersrule Apr 22 2012, 07:46 AM
Whaaaat!?!?! You don't have your defense stretched across the entire base?!?!?! tongue.gif

I've always wondered meth, are you holding a staff or a drumstick with a bite out of it?

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 6Vivo Apr 22 2012, 09:49 AM
QUOTE(foofightersrule @ Apr 22 2012, 10:46 AM) *

Whaaaat!?!?! You don't have your defense stretched across the entire base?!?!?! tongue.gif

Why would I? I'm protecting only the buildings that matter. tongue.gif

QUOTE(foofightersrule @ Apr 22 2012, 10:46 AM) *

I've always wondered meth, are you holding a staff or a drumstick with a bite out of it?

It's a turkey leg, this is a subject which we've had several discussions over the years. biggrin.gif

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: Kanes Wrath

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)