Command and Conquer 4

5v5 Tournament ?

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 21{(numbers)} Apr 26 2012, 18:02 PM
and sorry to be offtopic but guys you all are here for the last 6 months or so..atleast use the [quote] tag properly.. ..... [ quote ]Use quote like this![/ quote ] (without the space " " ofc)..

This post has been edited by {(numbers)}: Apr 26 2012, 18:07 PM

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 22woolen_avenger Apr 26 2012, 23:46 PM
liking the sound of this, it would be great if we could field 2 teams, and if every clan could do it that would sure make it interesting!

+
# 23A-train250 Apr 27 2012, 00:54 AM
how about the idea of substitute players? Like if player X needs to leave, player Y could come in and take their place.

+
# 24JTLL Apr 27 2012, 03:15 AM
i think it's only fair that the same exact 5 players play both fraction (both matches) before someone else takes his spot otherwise if one knows he/she can only play for a very short time like 1 match and needs to leave then it's best that person just sit out until he/she can devote at less 2 matches (i.e. swap sides). Cause we don't want any false intention that he/she is only good at gdi and not nod or only good at this map for this fration only then leaves for someone who can be better for the next match.

+
# 25deig Apr 27 2012, 04:28 AM
I will check cns availability and see if we can make a team of 5 to enter. If so would anyone be up for matches on the weekend? It may not happen as mwie and chris have been afk of late.

+
# 26~Michael~ Apr 27 2012, 06:50 AM
Hi people....thx for your answers....

I think we should target a SUNDAY. Maybe Sunday the 26. May. Time would be best 13 o´clock GMT i think....

I know its a little bit more then 4 weeks to there.... but i spoke with some players and many of them have exams before that time (our NTS-Seargant has still exams running at that time - so sadly he cant play...)

@Sahil KOD is the only Clan with the luxury of maybe fielding 2 teams i think.....the other will have trouble to bring in 5 guys ,-))))

--> With changing players for GDI / NOD - i dont care...people can decide. (in clanwars and ladder it had to be the same guys)

@Deig: Thx for asking CNS.... they have in in their "cyrcle" many players.... but 2 teams would be to much for asking ?

Somebody caught Besson ? Rip ? GoV ? ,-)

Only a idea: every teams donates 20 bucks.....all money comes into a pool and the winner gets 80 % and 2nd Team gets 20 % ? Thoughts ?

Clan: NTS

+
# 27{(numbers)} Apr 27 2012, 06:58 AM
I see chrischong online everyday tongue.gif and btw deig u are not in a clan(as far i remember).. intrested in refree-ing?

+
# 28deig Apr 27 2012, 07:14 AM
You may see chris online but he is normally chowing down cheeseburgers and in obs. I an not in a clan you are right though if cns want to put a team in and need 1 more I will put my hand up for them. If they are not interested I will happily referee.

+
# 29C30-HellFire Apr 27 2012, 20:48 PM
Ok, I am goanna try to setup a Freelance team, that can meet the challenge.
I hope i get enough response and that we could train a bit before.
It would be fun to have a challenging ad hoc (dream) team.

So All Extreme players, Freelancers, C&C4 wonders : more info can be found here. If you care are and are up to the challenge, react quickly, the seats are limited wink.gif
QUOTE(~Michael~ @ Apr 26 2012, 13:30 PM) *

We have time to organice.....dont worry....pls look for some mates to form a 5v5 and train a bit....that would be very cool..
I thought maybe the End of may..... i heard from some players they have time before this date.... and maybe best day would a sunday..... starting maybe 12 or 13 o´clock GMT+0

What you think people abaot a "map elimination" ?

This post has been edited by C30-HellFire: Apr 27 2012, 21:07 PM

+
# 30Wombat Apr 28 2012, 13:47 PM
hmmmm a lot of activity on this, is this what people want?

Michael you have done a sterling job here well done, if this is for sure going to happen I will draw up the rules.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 31Elven May 1 2012, 00:08 AM
Cool story guys smile.gif!

Game: League of Legends

+
# 32~Michael~ May 1 2012, 11:44 AM
hi all.... do we get some news from some other teams ?
CNS ?
Bessons Team ?

if we choose a Date then it would be the 26. May. Ok people ?

+
# 33ZodiacHeadlock May 1 2012, 11:50 AM
I spoke to ChrisChong about it, and it looks like CNS are up for it.

+
# 34TwiggyTwit May 1 2012, 16:29 PM
G'day,

Last time we tried to organise a tournament (mid 2011) there wasn't enough interest to make a 5v5 feesible, whereas the smalle 3v3. 2v2 and 1v1's were much more popular. That's why there hasn't been a 5v5 for ages and ages. Hopefully there's going to be enough interest this time! smile.gif

QUOTE(~Michael~ @ Apr 26 2012, 06:40 AM) *

I have two questions: What has a referee exactly to do ? For what he has to look ?

The usefulness of referee was more towards semi-finals and the final to providing a person with a neutral point of view who enforces the rules that have been decided for that tournament (not everyone can understand English fully). From personal experience people do not always read the rules and need the referee to remind them of it or to decide whether a match is to be delayed/go ahead if a person is late. Referee's are very important for a successful tournament.

This post has been edited by TwiggyTwit: May 1 2012, 16:33 PM

+
# 35{(numbers)} May 1 2012, 16:35 PM
QUOTE(TwiggyTwit @ May 1 2012, 21:59 PM) *

G'day,

Last time we tried to organise a tournament (mid 2011) there wasn't enough interest to make a 5v5 feesible, whereas the smalle 3v3. 2v2 and 1v1's were much more popular. That's why there hasn't been a 5v5 for ages and ages. Hopefully there's going to be enough interest this time! smile.gif
The usefulness of referee was more towards semi-finals and the final to providing a person with a neutral point of view who enforces the rules that have been decided for that tournament (not everyone can understand English fully). From personal experience people do not always read the rules and need the referee to remind them of it or to decide whether a match is to be delayed/go ahead if a person is late. Referee's are very important for a successful tournament.

dafuq happed to you?where u been?

+
# 36TwiggyTwit May 1 2012, 16:52 PM
busy with life lol

+
# 37Incia May 1 2012, 20:42 PM
Hey, nice to see you again Twiggy, and thanks for clearing out the Referee question, I was not sure about that myself either...

+
# 38Elven May 1 2012, 22:41 PM
Couldn't have said it better tongue.gif!

Game: League of Legends

+
# 39~Michael~ May 10 2012, 07:49 AM
Hallo people... .,-)

Later today Wombat will post some Tounament-Rules....we can talk about that.... pls all feel free to bring in some ideas. Final decison will then be made by Senior-Referee Wombat.... but i think we will not get a big discussion about this:

- If a team losses a player with Error23 within the first 30 seconds (before first blue drops) game will be restartet. After that it will be played till the (bitter) end ;-)

- Tell me if we should make "Map-elimination" with all maps (Each Team will choose which map will NOT be played - and the last one map left is it)
Or we choose 5 to 6 maps before the tournament starts and a / the referee decides randomly which map will be played.

and sorry....i made a mistake with the Date :-/ SUNDAY IS THE 27. OF MAy !! (and not the 26...)

So again..... Date will be Sunday the 27. of May. Time: Around 13 o clock clock GMT

Important: Can pls all teams verify / confirm their playing ?

KOD - Team 1 = Yes
KOD - Team 2 = ?
FIMZ = Yes
NTS = Yes
acme = ?
CNS = ?
The freelancer Team = ?
Rip = ?
Bessons Team = ?

i forgot one ?

Btw. There will be some pricemoney ;-)
We dont know how much it will be...but winning team will get something.... ,-)

This post has been edited by ~Michael~: May 11 2012, 06:11 AM

+
# 40ZodiacHeadlock May 10 2012, 13:03 PM
Fimz will be there.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)