Dawn of War 2

Farseer

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Carnevour Apr 24 2012, 16:00 PM
Calling on Farseer player a.k.a Potta, Jamus or any other players that really know their stuff. Need help against Space marines and Nids. Against SM is mainly the problem FC which is pretty much nullifies shees, dont know what to in T2 against FC SM and how to play on forward. Concentrate on upgrading my army and sticking to caping the map or go T3 for FP. With nids do you need shees?
1611 1577 1776

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 2HARRYY Apr 24 2012, 16:54 PM
I do gu she scp ghosthelm T1; if he overspends T1 I maybe get rangers on top, or another SCP. But mostly I do map control game and try decentralize his army.

Then I mostly do 2x WS or a falcon, -> T3 -> avatar, or falcon(s) with shield. occasionally seers. At times I even add WG for the falcon play.

gears are mainly ghosthelm (t1), then fortune (oftem while teching to t2), then spear (in t2)...
if you get seers, get stones to overbuff them ^^... if you spot terms you can go timefield to nullify them with ranged power (falcons and micro).

general T2 stuff: I often use banshe in a falcon^^ it's so neat^^
1626 1212 ...

+
# 3warp652 Apr 24 2012, 18:31 PM
Me as an Ork/SM/nid player think that you should get at least one ranger squad vs sm, sm snipers aren't nearly as good and asms doen't fully counter them (especially if you have pathfinder gear). Vs nids i think you should get banshees, but you have to play very smart with them to be effective. Try to flank and catch him off guard or if he overextends. (Watch out for spore mines and crippling poison in early engadgements).
1555 1438 1588

+
# 4harrehpottah Apr 24 2012, 23:14 PM
I actually had dozens of FC replays that I was gonna zip up before I leave tomorrow but I had to do a system restore cos my dow fucked and now I have none lol, I'll just put some bullet pointed shit:

-against scout>tac>scout>asm standard shit I go shees into rangers straight up (only exception is if he overextends his FC early then you can rush mind war and take 250 req from him straight away but you need gryffindor ;)nstinct to do this)

-use your guardians for capping as well as seer when there isn't much going on (get fortune as last t1 upgrade or second to last after battle equipment) and babysit your rangers from ASM with banshees, always shoot cloaked and at max range with ASM on the field this way if he jumps your rangers the shees+mind war will have forced them off before FC arrives

-pay attention to which tac and asm models get hit by the rangers this way you can mind war it for very good bleed

-always keep your rangers working while he has non-heroes on the field, when ASM have been forced off you can split your shees for a while for capping

-if he has a scout deep in your territory you can basically instawipe it with a single ranger shot and then hopefully guided shees will kill an extra model in retreat and then you mind war the last model (if you use this against cpt. dark riku he will concede immediately)

-anyway if you use your rangers properly in tier1 then you'll have the game in the bag by mid tier 2 against FC with only one tac warp spiders are always a good idea and go heavy with guide on them too. if he gets a vehicle I would add a brightlance since it does very good damage to all his tier3 units. buy an autarch and wipe his dev is he was stupid enough to buy one or put any squads in a building. or if you feel wink.gif enough you can try and wipe a retreating squad with it

as for nids I would recommend a 1-1-1-1 for lictor or 1-1-0-2 against the other two, you barely ever run into any nids anymore so idk how much you will be needing advice tbh. same sort of system use the shees to babysit your shurikens but I think guardians are a little more useful in this MU so maybe have your fortune seer run around to do any capping after she's used her energy on buffing your troops

go for warp spiders T2 against HT/RA or wraithlords against LA since he's shit against vehicles. try to kill his tg squads that are usually bunched up by combining autarch call in with kinetic shot or using it on them when they retreat through a bottleneck
1704 1726 1533

+
# 5Carnevour Apr 25 2012, 00:21 AM
Thx Pot <3. Will try this out but i should really do like you and fuck gaming for a while till I finish my semester biggrin.gif
1611 1577 1776

+
# 6Asmon Apr 25 2012, 00:23 AM
QUOTE(harrehpottah @ Apr 25 2012, 00:14 AM) *

if he has a scout deep in your territory you can basically instawipe it with a single ranger shot and then hopefully guided shees will kill an extra model in retreat and then you mind war the last model (if you use this against cpt. dark riku he will concede immediately)

Haha biggrin.gif

1503 1646 1718

+
# 7JamusMcgamuS Apr 26 2012, 19:28 PM
im really bad at fs so sorry for not replying, pot got ur back tho x
1772 1726 1416

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)