Explore GameReplays...

League of Legends

Caitlyn

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1ThaREM Apr 24 2012, 20:20 PM
I am just curious... I hate cait she is just the most worthless AD ever. Almost every time I get cait on my team we lose, almost every time I play against a cait we win and when I watch a scrim between CLGeu and AL, CLG use cait and obviously lose...

Is it only me or does anyone else hate her and cry out when a team mate tries to pick her? I just dont see why anyone would ever pick her over any other AD, her laning is strong, but graves/ez etc.. with an agressive support like ali, or even just a normal support are just as good or even better in lane. Imo she has one of the worst kill potentials in lane. Usually it ends up like "oh look I harass you and have 20-30cs more, ah here comes the jungler, double kill in lane since its so pushed and my cs advantage is worth shit, now their AD can just kill me". Wards can be avoided (perhaps global ult jungler) or if a jungler got a bit lucky and a few kills he can easily get an oracle. And her scaling... all she has is her passive as built in scaling. Her escape is one of the worst out of any AD, her W is hardly worth the casting time in a team fight and her ult is not worth the cast time in a team fight, if ever.

Oh and when I agree to support and my AD chooses cait I just hit my head on the wall.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 2HuggleB Apr 24 2012, 20:39 PM
Someone had a bad game?

I disagree. Caitlyn is quite good, she can harsash you under the tower and make it extremely difficult to last hit.

You are ofc right that her teamfighting is weaker than other ADs. She does however have some utility, zoning and harashing abilities.

I dont feel that her escape is that horrible. Flash + support abilities + E usually does the trick when i play her.

Wards can be avoided, but it is often hard to avoid them all the time. She also have traps to go as a extra small ward.

I feel the same about most ezreal players as they have 0 idea about what they are doing. It depends on the skill and knowledge of the champ which many people may not have.

Game: None

+
# 3NadeDawg Apr 24 2012, 21:23 PM
Just had a game that showed me how bad Cait actually is.
She can only beat short range ADs without gap closers or long range poke.
Her team fight capabilities are nonexistent. She doesn't scale well.
The worst thing, however, is that her damage in lane is actually not that high, she only wins/dominates by getting free hits in due to her superior range. Her base damage is incredibly low and she loses trades pretty badly.

I think Cait is pretty good to shut down the likes of Vayne, sivir (l0l) and even Urgot.
Kog, Trist and Ezreal win by forcing and winning trades and they also outscale her (Ezreal not so much).
Ashe and Graves can win if they shove the lane super hard, only ever happens with Soraka, though.

I guess Doublelift plays an impressive Caitlyn. She's not thaaaaaat terrible (like Sivir-terrible), but she needs to dominate lane to facilitate anything later on.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 4ThaREM Apr 25 2012, 00:37 AM
Anything that needs to dominate a lane in order to have any relevance later on is iffy imo, but for AD carry its unaccaptable, since any other class can at least compensate with utility and CC, AD carries are only usefull when they do damage.

If lets say you are renenkton or rumble top and you did bad, jungler ganks lost you the lane etc..., well you can still be usefull. Rene can at least stun the carry and tank some damage, rumble can hit a nice 5 man slow ult as well as tank etc.... AD can do nothing is they dont hurt people.

People actually consider cait as a "safe choice" in lane when imo she is like the most dangerous one.

And yes as nade said her damage in lane is terrible. If you have an agressive support like ali/leona and they manage to land their combo... any AD will out damage her and win the fight.

+
# 5Korvasomali Apr 25 2012, 11:56 AM
The retarded fact in our elo rem is that nobody plays cait as she should be played, using that bigger range and going for them every time they go for a minion. She is a bad choice vs soraka but poeple favor non-heal lanes nowadays so for example vs janna graves she is super.

+
# 6ThaREM Apr 25 2012, 13:10 PM
QUOTE(Korvasomali @ Apr 25 2012, 11:56 AM) *

The retarded fact in our elo rem is that nobody plays cait as she should be played, using that bigger range and going for them every time they go for a minion. She is a bad choice vs soraka but poeple favor non-heal lanes nowadays so for example vs janna graves she is super.

Well thats what I thought but again I made this post after watching a game between CLGeu and AL, where cait was useless all game long for CLG.

Until 1700 she is terrible for sure that I can guarantee...

+
# 7Grizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Apr 25 2012, 16:27 PM
she's not a strong pick for generic situations, but she's not terrible

Game: None

+
# 8nhi Apr 29 2012, 14:36 PM
id bash on how bad cait scales

but her yordies and aoe.. lets the bot laner LEAVE LANE

. . i hate it when caitlyn players stop using her yordie traps after laning phase QQ

Game: Kanes Wrath

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)