Tiberium Alliances

Battle Timer

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1foofightersrule Apr 25 2012, 06:12 AM
Has anyone noticed if the timer was shortened? My juggernauts can barely make it to the back of the base if they're in the last wave now. There's been two attacks today where I killed it literally at the last second.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2Vivo Apr 25 2012, 06:26 AM
This has happened to me as well; the time hasn't run out but it has been so damn close. This never happened during the previous patch.

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: Generals 2

+
# 3foofightersrule Apr 25 2012, 06:43 AM
It just happened again, this time I swear I saw the 0:00 before I was able to kill the conyard. It was incredibly close, but I killed the conyard slighly after the timer got to zero. Still got the kill and the loot though. Maybe it's just a bug with the display, and the actual time is still the same.

I compared the reports, this one was 1:12 long, and another one before that where I killed it at the last second was 1:07, and one before that was 1:11.
Something fishy is going on here.

lol ok yeah, the display got switched, it is now the time it will take for the battle to complete. I just started another attack and the timer said 0:42 and I thought to myself, "there's no way I can finish this attack, I hope this stupid timer doesn't keep getting smaller on me..." and whattaya know, my firehawks killed the conyard just as the timer hit 0.

This post has been edited by foofightersrule: Apr 25 2012, 06:51 AM

+
# 4Comp_Lex Apr 25 2012, 11:35 AM
Lol biggrin.gif
At least the timer is very useful now smile.gif

+
# 5Vivo Apr 25 2012, 15:43 PM
QUOTE(foofightersrule @ Apr 25 2012, 09:43 AM) *

It just happened again, this time I swear I saw the 0:00 before I was able to kill the conyard. It was incredibly close, but I killed the conyard slighly after the timer got to zero. Still got the kill and the loot though. Maybe it's just a bug with the display, and the actual time is still the same.

I compared the reports, this one was 1:12 long, and another one before that where I killed it at the last second was 1:07, and one before that was 1:11.
Something fishy is going on here.

lol ok yeah, the display got switched, it is now the time it will take for the battle to complete. I just started another attack and the timer said 0:42 and I thought to myself, "there's no way I can finish this attack, I hope this stupid timer doesn't keep getting smaller on me..." and whattaya know, my firehawks killed the conyard just as the timer hit 0.

Good observation! This basically means that if you see that the time on the clock is less than two minutes, you'll be able to destroy the target. If it's 2 minutes, you'll need to prepare yourself for another go. I wonder that is this a intentional, or a bug of some sort.

+
# 6foofightersrule Apr 25 2012, 20:45 PM
QUOTE(Vivo @ Apr 25 2012, 08:43 AM) *

Good observation! This basically means that if you see that the time on the clock is less than two minutes, you'll be able to destroy the target.

Or you'll get wiped out in less than 2 min tongue.gif

+
# 7methuselah Apr 27 2012, 16:38 PM
QUOTE(Comp_Lex @ Apr 25 2012, 06:35 AM) *
Lol biggrin.gif
At least the timer is very useful now smile.gif

No kidding!

QUOTE(foofightersrule @ Apr 25 2012, 15:45 PM) *

Or you'll get wiped out in less than 2 min tongue.gif

laugh.gif

You have to understand Vivo's perspective as to why that never occurred to him. His attacks have like surgical precision, there is virtually no waste. I watched one of his attacks the other day on a level 30 something or another and it was so beautiful. He hit it in two runs only, absolutely everything was blocked in either by a defensive structure or by infantry not appropriate to the units he was using so 75% of the defense was locked out and in one run with very little damage taken he took down a Camp that provided 13m in blue drol.gif

So getting wiped out may be valid for you and I but it does not happen to him any longer which makes me very jealous.

Clan: GameReplays.org

+
# 8foofightersrule Apr 27 2012, 22:26 PM
QUOTE(methuselah @ Apr 27 2012, 09:38 AM) *

So getting wiped out may be valid for you and I but it does not happen to him any longer which makes me very jealous.

Sorry Meth, I can't sympathize with you either. tongue.gif
Attached Image

+
# 9number45_ Apr 27 2012, 23:13 PM
Don't worry meth, you're not alone. I can sympathise sad.gif

Maybe you and I should take up another game. Something easy like...solitaire.

Game: None

+
# 10methuselah Apr 28 2012, 01:11 AM
QUOTE(foofightersrule @ Apr 27 2012, 17:26 PM) *

Attached Image

You suck too. That is ridiculous. Vivo has tried to teach me to be more selective with my attacking and it is working to an extent (my repair point issue is much improved) but I still regularly require two waves to take something completely out and the first wave acquires significant damage.

QUOTE(-null- @ Apr 27 2012, 18:13 PM) *
Don't worry meth, you're not alone. I can sympathise sad.gif

Maybe you and I should take up another game. Something easy like...solitaire.

Bless you I was beginning to get lonely. All I ever wanted was to be good at one Command & Conquer before my time comes. I don't have to be awesome, I'll be perfectly content just to be pretty good.

Sigh huh.gif

+
# 11foofightersrule Apr 28 2012, 01:37 AM
Well if it makes you feel any better, I'm just beginning to see artillery in camps now so I have a feeling the days of this:
Attached Image
will be over soon. sad.gif

+
# 12methuselah Apr 28 2012, 01:58 AM
I could attack a defensively empty base and sustain more damage than that cry.gif

+
# 13foofightersrule Apr 28 2012, 07:09 AM
Well take solace in the fact that I could never do what you do here. smile.gif
So professional, even headed and mild tempered, even when dealing with the egos over in the zh section tongue.gif

+
# 14methuselah Apr 28 2012, 14:58 PM
I guess everyone has their role. I always wanted to have an impact on the community because I was actually decent at the game so maybe EA would listen.......but then reality set in so I had to find another path tongue.gif

+
# 15Vivo Apr 29 2012, 11:33 AM
QUOTE(foofightersrule @ Apr 28 2012, 01:26 AM) *

Attached Image

That's a really nice series of attacks you got there!

Yesterday I got my very first total defeat for like two months; that was a level 30 base with a really difficult defense lineup. Only reason I attacked this base was its location, it was blocking my access to a level 32 tunnel. biggrin.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 16methuselah Apr 29 2012, 16:34 PM
Look at me! Look at me!

Attached Image

Just don't get used to it tongue.gif

+
# 17foofightersrule Apr 30 2012, 00:02 AM
Booya Meth! You got the best crate too! biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif 7M repair cost lol

This post has been edited by foofightersrule: Apr 30 2012, 02:47 AM

+
# 18Vivo Apr 30 2012, 05:57 AM
QUOTE(foofightersrule @ Apr 30 2012, 03:02 AM) *

ohmy.gif 7M repair cost lol

Yeah, that was an expensive run. biggrin.gif

+
# 19number45_ May 2 2012, 22:35 PM
Battle timer has been changed back I see.

Game: None

+
# 20foofightersrule May 3 2012, 01:06 AM
Yeah when I noticed it again I was like, "Oh no! I'm gunna lose everything!" tongue.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)