Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

Against riptides

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Thomiq Apr 25 2012, 20:45 PM
Guys, how do you play versus this powerful opening of allies (i am encountering it really often). rax, pp, ref, navy[2 or 3 rips], ref, af... Allies do it like crazy on temple prime, fire island (heck, sometimes even at snow plow). I don't blame them, this opening gives allies really many opportunities, as it is best counter to iw spam or 3 ref build. With this opening they can capture both oils, or just choose to load a couple of javelins and pks and go directly to my main base, to start the chaos.

Couple of times I've suceeded with iws and bds, (iws in sword mode not letting inf get out, bds getting the rips). But it works rarely...

Do you use any specific gameplay when you see allies going for those. Maybe you have some great counter attack (because allies gets their af later than usually). Maybe any tips or tricks ?

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2Eminence May 9 2012, 01:43 AM
QUOTE(Thomiq @ Apr 26 2012, 07:45 AM) *

Guys, how do you play versus this powerful opening of allies (i am encountering it really often). rax, pp, ref, navy[2 or 3 rips], ref, af... Allies do it like crazy on temple prime, fire island (heck, sometimes even at snow plow). I don't blame them, this opening gives allies really many opportunities, as it is best counter to iw spam or 3 ref build. With this opening they can capture both oils, or just choose to load a couple of javelins and pks and go directly to my main base, to start the chaos.

Couple of times I've suceeded with iws and bds, (iws in sword mode not letting inf get out, bds getting the rips). But it works rarely...

Do you use any specific gameplay when you see allies going for those. Maybe you have some great counter attack (because allies gets their af later than usually). Maybe any tips or tricks ?

Well... I know this BO is strong, especially on fire island, but I am usually able to defeat it.

First of all, as soon as u scout (with an early burst drone) that he is not spamming pks but building 2 engis in his base, then u know he is building a naval yard. So u immediately stop ur IWs spam and build ur 2 engis to capture the oils.

You sell your dojos and immediately build a MechaBay, then move ur mcv to the 3rd ref spot.

Usually, with the 1000$ back u get from the oils + the bonus cash, u have enough for a quick 3rd ref. Then u spam tengus, and finish walling up ur refs.

Normally, u will have enough tengus to fight his AF units. But if u dont, build a VX defender next to ur 3rd ref.

If ur opponent was able to get the 2 oils back, send ur tengus to one and a dojo to the other, to recapp it as quickly as possible.

Then expand to a 4th ref.

The only or main way you can lose to this Allies BO is if u didnt scout early enough the naval yard and overspent in IWs. Otherwise, ur MechaBay will be up in time, and u ll be ok^^

Let me know how it turns out. Btw, I remember many games vs Maniek where he did this vs me. There might be some replays u can look at if u care to search a little. gl.

Clan: m8s

+
# 3Eminence May 9 2012, 18:27 PM
oh yea... i just remembered another counter that I used vs Maniek and other top 10-20 allies players...

It is a much more recent BO that I have developped, and it consist of spamming IWs and then TBs (in my dojo deployed next to the oil closer to his base) while my mechabay deploys.

In the 2-3 games that I have done this, I have been able to kill 1 of his main base ref !

Yes, the vindis will make short work of the 5-6 TBs you will have produced, but u will have enough time to destroy the walls and allow ur IWs to finish the job. And normally, 2 riptides cannot counter this fast enough on their own.

Try it!

It's counterintuitive -- because normally u would wanna rush to Mecha units and not build TBs vs vindis -- but it works, is fun, and it puts the very surprised allies on a difficult defensive position really early on.

Clan: m8s

+
# 4Thomiq Jul 26 2012, 20:43 PM
Yes! What I like to do on Fire Island if I suspect this BO now, I don't even bother about 1 oil. I build all 3 dojos near 1 oil, tryin' to do that unscouted, and after like 15 iws I start spamming tbs from all of them. When you spam infantry from 3 dojos, it's like Insta army.

I'll try your strat either, cuz mine is kinda more like all-in. I mean if that attack don't do serious damage, I am so much behind my opponent, that it's almost free-win to him. I get my mecha bay really late with this bo.

I guess my problem was, that even after seeing naval I played into his hands and spammed too many iws so many times.

Anyway, ty for the tips =]

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)