Company of Heroes

against British as PE from north ango (and stags)

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1Breegull Apr 26 2012, 02:59 AM
I have no clue what to do as PE against Brit players who start in south ango. If I go for an early tech to t2 or t3 they just grab my cut-off by the haystacks and lay a trench. This is impossible to defend with only 2 pg. Flame nades are ineffective since they cost 20 fuel and my PG's get shot down throwing them. Also, the throwing animation and damage is slow the brit can delete their trench and rush me and force me to retreat after which they can rebuild it. All this time I am without fuel. On any other map I could just cap elsewhere and harass him around the map, but on ango his truck is parked next to a high fuel and 2 high ammo's so it is almost impossible to harass. Should I be going for a heavy PG oriented strat from this position to prevent him grabbing my cut off? Please only advice that is useful against good players.

Also I have another problem against players who spam the staghound unit. Often I go AC/mp44 + shreks and LHS TD to counter stuart and later cromwell. Some brit players spam the staghound which seems impervious to shreks and hetzer doesnt seem to work reliably against it. What is the best way to counter this? Note: In an even match against a good player I can't afford to buy panthers at this stage.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2BasilStag Apr 26 2012, 03:59 AM
Try the 3 ketten 1-2 PG quick AC strat. It's pretty self explanatory. I use munis for MP44s and AC overdrive, Marders for AT. Or you can do IHTs + shrecks. Whatever. Just get the quick AC. I wish I had a replay for you, but I don't. GoPepsi does it all the time on Ango, so if you ever get a chance to watch his stream, check it out.

+
# 3Breegull Apr 26 2012, 04:38 AM
By your reply you obviously didn't read my post.

+
# 4c0mpl3x1ty Apr 26 2012, 20:01 PM
QUOTE(Breegull @ Apr 25 2012, 22:38 PM) *

By your reply you obviously didn't read my post.

Actually he did. You'll find that this strat forum doesn't go by "what counters this?" and instead the rule of thumb is, "how can I avoid getting in this situation?" One such way to counter a playstyle is to not allow yourself to get into it in the first place. Trying 3-ket may help you re-evaluate the metagame of the matchup so you think less in terms of what-counters-what, and more in terms of what-prevents-what.

As for your specific questions:
Truck impossible to harass: A better player would disagree. Watch the replays and note the times when his truck is most vulnerable. Better yet, play brit yourself a bit, and note what build order you do, where you send your units, and get a feel for brit play.

Trenches: Mortar is also effective.

Stags: panzershreks. Blobs of them. ATHT can definitely help you get kills. If you rope one of them with a treadbreak then nuke it down with pshreks you're doing all right. When they're rushing at you with more stags than you have panzershreks, well, don't get into that situation in the first place.

I would discourage you from saying something like, "clearly you didn't read my post" on these strategy forums. The people here only want to help you, and they can't help you if you don't treat them with respect. Everyone gets a little mad over this game every once in a while, no need to lash out at people that aren't the source of the problem.

+
# 5Breegull Apr 27 2012, 03:54 AM
Actually he did. You'll find that this strat forum doesn't go by "what counters this?" and instead the rule of thumb is, "how can I avoid getting in this situation?" One such way to counter a playstyle is to not allow yourself to get into it in the first place. Trying 3-ket may help you re-evaluate the metagame of the matchup so you think less in terms of what-counters-what, and more in terms of what-prevents-what.

Actually I don't think he did. I say this because he missed the crux of the issue and gave advice that would only be appropriate had he only read the thread title. That said, I didn't mean to come across as rude so I apologise if that was the impression. I am sure you didn't mean to come across as patronising either.

As implied in the OP I've done multiple ket t2>t3 strat and that is where my trouble comes from. Without an early combat force I have nothing to prevent him grabbing my cut-off, laying a trench there and denying me nearly all my fuel apart from the +5 by my base. Mortar HT takes too long to dislodge him and leaves me with little field presence, and flame nades don't seem to be effective for the reasons I listed above. For this reason it seems as I have no choice but to attack RHS and his truck. This hasn't worked for me since he always has a larger force and it is right next to his reinforce so any drawn out battles work in his favour.

+
# 6c0mpl3x1ty Apr 27 2012, 05:51 AM
Try a long T2. Good luck.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)