Company of Heroes

Looking for a mentor for the british

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1itabub Apr 26 2012, 08:46 AM
Hey,
I am new to the forum smile.gif
i really need someone to help me understand the way the game works, and how to improve my skills as british (for now).
i would really like to paly with someone with skype and be guided and be told what i do wrong.
anyone interested?

P.s i am currently level 1 with the british, but i haven't palyed for a longgg timeee, but i used to be level 5 (i think)

+
# 2RTz045 Apr 27 2012, 17:24 PM
Hey,

I'm since shortly member at this forum too, and I've been asking alot of stuff about british. And it made me
start winning some games, but I decided to start playing the americans, because there are a lot of streams
were people play werhmacht/americans. So I thought it would be easyier to learn. and it is IMO. but now after
a week playing americans and winning alot in 2v2 AT. I'm going to start playing british again, so I can finaly learn
what I really wanted to. Anyway, I'm not an expert. Not even a pro, but I think we've the same idea of playing this
game. Or atleast, a part of it. So we could play some 1v1's or 2v2 AT's. So we can teach each other. I'm always
online, except for Monday,Tuesday,Thursday,(20:00/23:00) Sunday (14:00/22:00). because then I'm playing with
my league of legends team(2nd in benelux biggrin.gif). And ehm, I've more people I'd play with, so I can't always play.

Add me if u want:
MYOWNSTYLEISGUD

(I've more accounts, but I'm using this one to practice actualy biggrin.gif)

+
# 3GreenDevil! Apr 28 2012, 10:04 AM
I am happy to mentor both of you for the next couple of months. I am level 16 Bits 2v2 and have been level 13 Bits 1v1 before I started playing mostly 2v2. Let me know if you're interested.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 4RTz045 Apr 28 2012, 17:44 PM
GreenDevil, I would love to<3

just add me ;<

+
# 5GreenDevil! Apr 28 2012, 18:21 PM
Well just start by telling me what you have trouble with, what strats you find hard to counter etc Also post replays and I will analyze them for you.

GreenDevil29 is my name

+
# 6RTz045 Apr 28 2012, 22:39 PM
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=880203 (There's 1 demo)

The thing is, I've to learn the basics of all maps. What I'm supposed to do as brit. I gotta learn what inf wins
against other inf. What tanks wins against other tanks.. What I really should do early game. I'm actually playing with
Recon squad, bren, packup. Set-up,Lieutenant,Tommies(if needed),T2 building. Then I go for sappers if I aint playing against P.E. And if I am, I get asap the stuart. (Ofcourse I'd get stuars against wehrmacht's but I dislike rushing it, cuz
when I get my stuart I'm 100% sure they got AT so, I'm going for PIATS to overrepair my tank.)
There are a lot more questions, but I'm actualy really tired atm. Only slept 2 hours in 3 days. Been playing coh 24/7 ;<

Added you btw.

Cheers,
RTz~Newbie

+
# 7GreenDevil! Apr 29 2012, 12:18 PM
Okay I always untick blowlands, but If I do get it, my main and only objective it to finish the game ASAP. I will park my HQ on munitions and go Arty Doctrine, put up a mortar pit close to his base to take out a bunker and rush his base, use FOO to kill his units when he retreats them to his HQ. I will look to cut his resources off as much as I can as well because this map is far too resource heavy and great for axis to get veterancy and tanks. Look to finish it early!!

1) 3m40sec - You killed an MG just outside his base, but you didn't steal the MG! You should of run the fence over with your Bren Carrier and stole that MG and either retreated it to your HQ to protect the right flank of your HQ or set it up near his HQ somewhere to put pressure on him. If you get a chance to steal an MG from a Wehr player, always, always take it.

2)4m10 sec - Good idea to put a mortar up, however its in a bad spot. I would of placed it close enough to his base to mortar his Wehrmacht quarters, but I would of stolen his MG earlier and protected the mortar pit with it. Would of put a huge amount of pressure on him at that point if you had done that.

3)6m30 sec - he attacks your undefended mortar pit with the MG you killed and he re-crewed. He attacks with an MG and a volks squad. In that situation you need to make a decision based upon which one of those two units is going to kill your mortar pit the fastest. In this case it was definitely the MG. Instead of attack the volks with your BC I would of driven around to the other side of the mortar pit where the MG was and focused fired the MG with my BC and Tommy squad. (note how if you had stolen his mg earlier he wouldnt of been able to make that attack and wouldn't of de-crewed your mortar pit, all these little things add up)

4)7m10sec - bad decision to make and MG nest. Much better off building another Tommy squad if your floating a little manpower. I never ever make MG nests in a 1v1 unless I am getting heavily PG spammed by PE early game or something, MG nests are easily flanked and destroyed.

5) 8m20sec - you are in a great position, all his units are retreated back to his HQ and you have a recon section with free reign to cut off a large amount of his resources, however you got greedy and tried to decap both his strat points when you should of simply capped the +10 munitions further away and cut off that and one of his +10 fuels. But you were greedy and got scared away by a flamer and MG and didnt gain any sort of advantage from force retreating his MG back to his base a few seconds earlier.

6)9m30sec - You build another MG nest! Bad move. You have 800 manpower and 77 fuel and your Captain is out and you still havent built a Stuart. At this point you havent seen anything but T1 units from your opponent, no MP40's on the volks, no Grens. So far all you have seen is Volks, MG's, Pios and Support Vet 1. I would definitely rushed a Stuart in this game and it would of won you the game outright. However its 9m30 sec now and a Stuart would hardly be a shock unit now, its way too late. You need to get it out by 7m30sec. Your Stuart comes out at 10m20sec, which is far too late, considering you can have a fast Cromwell by 11m30sec if you parked on fuel. Also you parked your FST on munitions when you have already parked you HQ on munitions. Thats okay if you are going artillery doctrine and plan on using Forward Observer Officer, in conjunctions with a Tommy and PIAT blob. Other then that you should always park on alternated resources depending on what you park on first.

7)12m03sec - You decided to go into his base using your Stuart and you knew he had a Pak38. Bad move. You should have been using your Stuart to back up your recon squad to go over the the other side of the map and cap it and deny resources. Use a Stuart to kill pios, volks and canister shot Grens with Shreks, never use it to attack a base.

8)12m30sec - You have 850mp and 100 fuel and you decided to make another Stuart and you know he had two Pak38's. Again this is a bad move. If you ever lose your Stuart, never replace it, it's a waste and it kind of makes you have to use your 2nd Stuart agressively to make up for losing the first one and this is very risky because if you lose a 2nd Stuart is pretty much gg. In this situation you would of been much better off teching to ACT and getting a Cromell or considering you have only seen T2 so far, which means no tanks, get another Tommy squad, upgrade with Brens and get another LT. Also always stick to getting PIAT sappers for now, OR sappers are good, but at this stage I want you to stick to making PIAT sappers okay.

9) 18m10sec - This strategy you are facing is called Pak creep. Its very very frustrating. But the hard counter to it is Artillery (which you used, which was good, but Commando arty isnt very good compared to FOO). You should of built a 25 Pounder instead of that Bofors and gone Artillery Doctrine considering you parked your ACT on munitions as well. +64 munitons income is great if your going artillery doctrine for FOO, creeping barrage, Victor Target (free captain ability). So to recap - you should of built a 25 pounder, replaced your LT, built another Tommy squad to help fight off the rush on your HQ and went Arty doctrine for FOO and sent him running back to his base leaving dead Paks behind for your AT (after capture). This would of forced him to change tactics. If you had three tommy squads and one or two LT's he would of got raped making that attack on your HQ. As it was he did lose a fair bit, but so did you and at this point he can make good his losses faster then you.

10)24m10sec - If you had an extra Tommy Squad which you desperately needed 5 mins ago, you could of afforded to capture both of the decrewed Pak38's at this point which would of really hurt him. The rule of thumb is if you decrew enemy equipment, capture it or destroyed by clicking attack move on it. You are somehow on top at this point of the game, your commandos wiping out a full squad of grens with shreks was a real bonus as well.

11)From this point on unit preservation really hurt you. You lost your cromwell and CCT badly and allowed him to slowly cap all your resources. Building two 25 pounders was a bad idea. One is enough, those resources could of got you another cromwell or tommy squad. I really want you to build three tommy squads from now on, 2 tommys is never going to be enough to support any sort of attack or defense of your HQ, always get three okay. Dont build Bofors and dont build MG nests okay. Use those resources on more tommys and LT's if you are floating. You parked your HQ in an okay spot, but on that map I put it on the other side of the river on the medium munitions, I find it easier to defend and its harder for him to flank because your base MG nests protect your left flank and there is no real right flank because of the edge of the map.

This post has been edited by GreenDevil!: Apr 29 2012, 13:49 PM

+
# 8RTz045 Apr 29 2012, 22:24 PM
Thank you, not realy anything to add to that. I've been playing terrible made some mistakes, that I allready knew but having a few points that went wrong from a experienced player/mentor is always nice to have. Still watching lots of streams and playing lots of 2v2's AT with my mate, but I'd always feel it's like a 1v2. He does help me sometimes, but I'm the one covering his ass all the time<3 Ofcourse this is a team game, but if I watch streams(so actualy the real pro's) They're like, oh ok I'll change my tactic and faceroll this. Or w/e.

+
# 9RTz045 Apr 29 2012, 22:33 PM
Oh well still got a few questions:

1) What to do against the StuH spam? (The one with the HE shells) from the command tree if not mistaking.
2) Is it really that bad to build a .. pounder against tanks?
3) I've seen some complaining about my brits build order in the previous post of the demo u reviewed. They said, rushing a bren is terrible because the capt is the only unit that gives you the cap power you need. But I actualy disagree with it. Ofcourse you want cap power but having a bren that's covering your ass, and being able to carry your troops in it, or destroy light/medium vehicles with an bren upgrade. IMO it's bad to get a bren after you've moved your Headquarters.
4) Does the place of my hq set up change while playing a 2v2?

Cheers.

+
# 10GreenDevil! Apr 30 2012, 04:49 AM
QUOTE(RTz045 @ Apr 30 2012, 08:03 AM) *

Oh well still got a few questions:

1) What to do against the StuH spam? (The one with the HE shells) from the command tree if not mistaking.
2) Is it really that bad to build a .. pounder against tanks?
3) I've seen some complaining about my brits build order in the previous post of the demo u reviewed. They said, rushing a bren is terrible because the capt is the only unit that gives you the cap power you need. But I actualy disagree with it. Ofcourse you want cap power but having a bren that's covering your ass, and being able to carry your troops in it, or destroy light/medium vehicles with an bren upgrade. IMO it's bad to get a bren after you've moved your Headquarters.
4) Does the place of my hq set up change while playing a 2v2?

Cheers.

1)StuH spam is tricky to counter but all you need to do is buy time and tech to Croms and CCT, then a Firefly.
To buy yourself some time, put PIAT sappers in a trench with LT aura and they kill StuH's no problem, PIAT sappers wont take much damage whilst in a trench either. Kill and flame Pios you see rushing in to kill the sappers and watch out for Stormtroopers with bundle nade. If the StuH is kiting, don't chase it with PIAT's, just scare it off and wait for a Cromwell. Your two main goals as Brit in 1v1 is to get a Stuart ASAP, then a Cromwell ASAP.

2)The only time I would build a 17 Pounder against Tanks is if I have been delayed in teching from having been denied fuel. Then I will build one if I am expecting a PzIV rush from PE or Ostwind PzIV or Panther rush from Wehr. Other then that PIAT sappers, a Stuart and a Cromwell will deal with most things.

3)I didn't quite like the build order you used either, I always build an LT first and send him off to cap. I go LT, pack up, park on fuel, Tommy, Bren Carrier, then as soon as 30 fuel, tech to FST. The go Capt, Stuart, Sappers, Tommy, ACT as soon as I have 65 fuel then a Cromwell. If you are fast and park on a nearby low fuel (as I do) then the Bren Carrier comes out quick enough to support your troops. If you use that build order, when the Bren Carrier comes out you have the option of either upgrading your BC to HMG or upgrading your Tommy's with Bren Guns and going for a BiB (Bren in Bren).

4)Yeah of course the place of your HQ Set Up changes in 2v2 because the maps are different. I am moving houses at the moment, when I am set up in my new place later this week, we will play some 2v2 together and I will show you the best places for setting up your HQ in 2v2 and 1v1.

+
# 11RTz045 Apr 30 2012, 13:55 PM

+
# 12RTz045 Apr 30 2012, 13:55 PM
Ehm,

We've played 2 games in wolfheze today, and I'm curious how I did today. I've allready said I had lost some units because the lag made me fail micro. And ehm do you've xfire or skype? Something? If you don't want to share it in a pub post, then just PM me.

Cheers,
Back at 6.

+
# 13RTz045 Apr 30 2012, 23:01 PM
Mate,

I got 2 more demo's won both of them, but still wondering what I could 've done better! It was against a level 16 guy. But he didnt play axis for a while, so it wasn't a real challenge for me. <3

Attached File againstverheyr8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzgameversion199.117372_042711_091818m.rec
Size: 292.74k
Number of downloads: 1
Player Name Side Team
MYOWNSTYLEISGUD 1
sAd123 2

Attached File(s)
Attached File game2win_verheyr8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzgameversion199.117372_042711_091818.rec
Size: 293.91k
Number of downloads: 1
Player Name Side Team
MYOWNSTYLEISGUD 1
alliesFOLDFLDR DATAPBGAŠ 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)