Dota 2

Dota 2 bug sheds new light on Valves new item system

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1syrn May 2 2012, 23:36 PM
These photos were taken from my account as i navigated a mysterious golden bar in the top right hand corner of my screen that appeared as I launched the game. It said something like #dota_view or #dota_ignore and I clicked view and then these navigable screens popped up. If I can get the screenshot of the golden bar I will update.

This is my first post, so hope its in the right section. Please discuss and feel free to post these images on another forum as long as you give me credit (let me know if you plan to re-post as I would like to see where it's going).

*Edit- finally got the golden bar on startup this is what it looks like when you click it.
IPB Image

This image indicates the screen that comes up when either you purchase new items with in-game store credit or maybe they will have a system similar to Team Fortress 2 where you get items randomly while playing.
IPB Image

Shows the various sort categories for your items. Sort by quality, rarity, hero, etc.
IPB Image

Indicates an update to character breakdown with more categories such as tank and disabler.
IPB Image

Shows different ways to sort your loadout based off of character performance
IPB Image

Confirms idea that they will have community created items (like TF2) and shows the submission screen.
IPB Image

This post has been edited by syrn: May 3 2012, 04:14 AM

+
# 2kustodian May 2 2012, 23:54 PM
Hi and welcome to our forums and a very nice find banana.gif

Clan: HotOPS

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 3syrn May 3 2012, 04:13 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome. I updated the pictures and added my own interpretations for each.

+
# 4-Sebra May 3 2012, 04:59 AM
You should check out www.cyborgmatt.com
He has posted about this (and more!) previously.

Game: Graphics

+
# 5Gameslayer989 May 5 2012, 20:38 PM
TANK IS OFFICIALLY A ROLE NOW!

Clan: Team|Alias

Game: Dota 2

+
# 6Smash May 6 2012, 19:23 PM
QUOTE(Gameslayer989 @ May 5 2012, 20:38 PM) *

TANK IS OFFICIALLY A ROLE NOW!

I wonder what they understand by Tank role in DotA 2.

+
# 7Warrjin May 7 2012, 22:42 PM
QUOTE(Smash @ May 6 2012, 19:23 PM) *

I wonder what they understand by Tank role in DotA 2.

Easy - Armlet + Heart Skeleton king - tank!

+
# 8IMZiggy May 8 2012, 01:14 AM
Isn't axe the only hero with a taunt ability?

Maybe heroes that have to be targetted due to sort of being a priority target could be classified as tank too. You cant exactly ignore leshrac even though he has not taunt ability.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 9Gameslayer989 May 8 2012, 16:22 PM
That's exactly what a tank is, yet people still argue the role doesn't exist because no one except axe forces you to 100% focus him.

+
# 10kustodian May 9 2012, 22:47 PM
QUOTE(Gameslayer989 @ May 8 2012, 17:22 PM) *

That's exactly what a tank is, yet people still argue the role doesn't exist because no one except axe forces you to 100% focus him.

That is not quiet true. The problem is that he forces you to attack him for a very short period of time, after taunt expires, you can just continue attacking other heroes, so that doesn't make him a tank.

LukDeRiff wrote a nice article, HoN and the Issue with Tanks, about tanks and their definition in HoN, but the whole article is absolutely true for Dota 2 as well with different hero examples of course. He even talks about Legionnaire (Axe equivalent) and the reason why he isn't a tank, at least by his definition, which imo is very good.

If your or anyone is interested about what Tanks are and/or what they should be in the MOBA genre I warmly recommend that article.

Clan: HotOPS

+
# 11Gameslayer989 May 10 2012, 16:09 PM
however axe has battle hunger, which makes him more likely to be focused IMO as people feel they have to attack once they're hungered. Also, i don't believe lego gives out a buff when he ulti's someone. Those 2 make axe more of a tank than lego, perhaps enough to make him an actual tank.

+
# 12Jcphne May 10 2012, 21:24 PM
Hi to all.
I am very sorry it was been a while since I last posted in here since I am studying for drivers licence and some personal stuffs.
This is pretty interesting screenshots.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)