Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Golle May 3 2012, 16:53 PM
HoN Mid Wars Are Comming on May 11

DAFUQ THEY DID IT <3

Clan: Sons of Elendil

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2kustodian May 3 2012, 21:21 PM
If they manage to make the games faster and remove those stall moments after about 15 minutes of play, this will be a blast biggrin.gif

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 3ToRtUr3 May 3 2012, 21:38 PM
Idk. I expected them to finally get the long time promised Deathmatch implemented. Disappointment is the only thing that comes to my mind.

Heck, what ever happened to a full version of world builder?

+
# 4Rizky May 4 2012, 02:10 AM
QUOTE(ToRtUr3 @ May 4 2012, 00:38 AM) *

Idk. I expected them to finally get the long time promised Deathmatch implemented. Disappointment is the only thing that comes to my mind.

Heck, what ever happened to a full version of world builder?

There is a problem with implementing deathmatch which S2 has already stated.

The game would need to somehow load all the heroes same time or load them separately after deaths, leading to lag spikes every time a new hero is summoned in the game.

Clan: Insane

+
# 5X-Flame May 4 2012, 07:02 AM
I'm with Kusto here, maybe they added a timer/total amount of kills you have to get to make the game less stale?

If they do this right, it will be tons of fun. I know I'll be playing.

Game: None

+
# 6kustodian May 7 2012, 00:19 AM
Who has watched the Midwars games that were played today? I didn't manage to see them, so could anyone tell me what is the goal of the game?

+
# 7syllable May 7 2012, 10:32 AM
I only saw the first and last game, but I understand that diva won the series and dog lost me 200 coins (I feel like he's personally responsible for this!). The first 3 games were played very serious apparently, but after the best of 3 was over they did an allrandom game, which was a lot more actionpacked, exciting, and fun (doombringer scout involved).

This is going to be _awesome_

+
# 8Smurftang May 7 2012, 11:17 AM
I don't enjoy midwars, I feel like I'm in the wrong somehow.

+
# 9Witchking' May 7 2012, 15:27 PM
So what can we expect from the map and the conditions of winning etc syllable?

+
# 10Kolaris May 7 2012, 15:42 PM
It does seem to have casual mode implemented to large degree, which is disappointing.

The non-CM, non-instant respawn midwars I've played were actually enjoyable. But apparently no respawn is the main draw of the mode...

With instant spawn you're put at a larger and larger disadvantage the further up the lane you push, when you should be getting an advantage for having broken the stalemate and taken towers.

It almost never comes down to pushing the throne, but to farming the enemy team until it's simply impossible for them to kill you.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 11syllable May 7 2012, 18:01 PM
QUOTE(Witchking' @ May 7 2012, 16:27 PM) *

So what can we expect from the map and the conditions of winning etc syllable?

Well it's like kolaris said, there is a tweaked version of casual mode in it automatically I believe.
Some stuff:
-there's 1 rune that always spawns top
-there's a kongor guy (zorgath + transmutenstein) that drop the token of sight (does not take up inventory slot, just lasts until you die)
-there's 1 neutral camp at the top left side of the map
-denying matters (it matters very little, but it does deny some xp)
-teleporters to make your life easier and get to the lane again faster
-the map is overall smaller, there's only two towers, and then you already reached the enemy's world tree / shrine
-kill the shrine to win
-games are much shorter
-there is only one lane so backdooring to get megacreeps doesn't matter
-the respawn timer is not removed, it's just very short (I think around 20 seconds when you're level 25, not sure)

If you want to see an example of the action, you should check out the 4th game honcast casted (the first three were a best of 3 where diva's team would face dog's team and they were both tryharding retardedly hard in those three games, the 4th was an allrandom game)

http://honcast.com/video/2012/05/06/mid-wa...kaiser-funmatch

Here's game one, where breaky explains the map a bit at the start, and the new picking mode designed for this map:
http://honcast.com/video/2012/05/06/mid-wa...ogkaiser-game-1

+
# 12Kolaris May 7 2012, 18:30 PM
QUOTE(syllable @ May 7 2012, 11:01 AM) *

-the respawn timer is not removed, it's just very short (I think around 20 seconds when you're level 25, not sure)

That's very promising, I only watched the early levels and it seemed a constant 5 seconds. If it scales with levels, that would solve most of my problems with the mode.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 13kustodian May 8 2012, 22:29 PM
Looks solid and fun biggrin.gif

+
# 14ToRtUr3 May 8 2012, 22:54 PM
QUOTE(Kolaris @ May 7 2012, 20:30 PM) *

That's very promising, I only watched the early levels and it seemed a constant 5 seconds. If it scales with levels, that would solve most of my problems with the mode.

I believe it's 7x the speed of normal mode.

+
# 15Vacant May 9 2012, 04:04 AM
I'm stoked. S2 should have done this a year ago.

+
# 16Golle May 9 2012, 17:08 PM
Worldbuilder sad.gif Really was curious about Fun Maps and Stuff. Anyways Midwars Map 2 days to go <3

+
# 17X-Flame May 11 2012, 14:05 PM
First Mid Wars game, teammate goes 3-22. Now the servers are down. Is this normal?

There's never been a game that has frustrated me as much as HoN can do. It's a special kind of talent.

Also: no 4x silver coins in matchmaking, I just got 6 coins instead of 24.

Game: None

+
# 18syllable May 11 2012, 14:58 PM
QUOTE(X-Flame @ May 11 2012, 15:05 PM) *

First Mid Wars game, teammate goes 3-22. Now the servers are down. Is this normal?

There's never been a game that has frustrated me as much as HoN can do. It's a special kind of talent.

Also: no 4x silver coins in matchmaking, I just got 6 coins instead of 24.

About the teammates, mêh can't be helped I guess, servers is kind of to be expected when they release something like this, though every time I hope they'll have the foresight and capacity to not fuck it up this time, and the silver coins, I don't know, but I guess starts from saturday then? Haven't checked the hours though.

+
# 19Golle May 11 2012, 18:50 PM
Play with mates and perma rofl stomp them hoes in midwars. We collected 2k silver by now LOL. Pick Accursed Jereziah in one line up insta win np

+
# 208x3QYlbPkD May 12 2012, 02:04 AM
got 64 coins from an imortal game is that a lot? i never look at coins

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)