Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

KW 1.02+ out now! (OUTDATED)

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1cnc315d34d Jun 27 2012, 09:05 AM
Borne out of popular demand, 1.02+ is an unofficial patch aimed at being the spiritual successor to official 1.02 used in GR.org tournaments. It is aimed squarely at fixing as many important bugs as possible with minimal impact on 1.02's metagame balance.

My heartfelt acknowledgements once again go out to Bibber and Lauren for creating the tools for making all this possible.

========================
DOWNLOAD
========================

1.02+ Patch Release 10: (~4MB) [Released: 5th May '15)
DOWNLOAD!

Older Versions:
Spoiler

1.02+ Patch Release 9: (~2MB) [Released: 1st May '14]
DOWNLOAD!

1.02+ Patch Release 8: (~2MB) [Released: 27th Feb '14]
DOWNLOAD!

1.02+ Patch Release 7: (~2MB) [Released: 21st Dec '13]
DOWNLOAD!

1.02+ Patch Release 6: (~2MB) [Released: 13th Oct '13]
DOWNLOAD!

1.02+ Patch Release 3: (~2MB) [Used in 30th June '13 Tournament]
DOWNLOAD!

1.02+ Patch Release 1: (~2MB) [Used in 3rd Nov '12 Tournament]
DOWNLOAD!

--------------
1.02+ Map Packs: (~70MB)
DOWNLOAD!

NOTE: Most tournaments/replays on 1.02+ will most likely use the 1.02+ Map packs, and NOT patch 1.02+ itself. This is because the 1.02+ Map packs offer some key advantages over using the patch, such as being able to play with 1.02+ changes while on version 1.02 itself. Click above link for more details.

========================
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
========================
Spoiler

- How do I install? What are the installation requirements?
Check "How to Install" below. There's an installer included so it's all fairly easy.

- Can I still play on 1.02 after I install this patch?
YES! Before you launch the game you will be able to use a pair of mini-programs (which will appear in your main KW folder/directory) to easily and seamlessly switch versions. The game is then launched the usual way.

- Help! I just installed this but don't know where my 'main KW directory' is! How do I switch back to 1.02 now?!
No worries. Just run the 1.02+ installer again; but this time while it installs, click on "Show Details" and look at the 1st line in the log. It should tell you the exact path to your main KW directory.

- I have KW on Steam, and can't seem to get the 'Switch to 1.02/1.02+' working.
As mentioned above, use the installer to check where your KW directory is, and use the switchers in that folder. Steam users often have a different KW directory to the default one, so you may be looking in the wrong place.

- So can this patch be played online?
YES! You use the same server/lobbies as the original 1.02, and ranked matches played on this patch even count towards your ladder rank.

- Can I play vs people running 1.02 when I am running this patch?
No. Although you will see 1.02 games appear in your lobby, you will not be able to join them as they will be 'greyed' out.

- I'm running 1.02+, but can't join a 1.02+ game hosted by someone!
Make sure you have the same versions as the person you are playing. Best way to check this is by checking the 'date modified' for the 'Patch102+.big' file located in KW directory -> Patch103.

- What is special about the "1.02+ Maps"? Why can't I transfer them online to others?
1.02+ maps are specially compiled (similar to official maps) mod-maps which feature all of 1.02+'s changes. This allows you to start up KW in 1.02 but still play with 1.02+'s changes, simply by playing the 1.02+ maps. Unfortunately, they are non-transferable online (unfortunate design oversight by EA when even most older C&C titles had this functionality!) and are also rather large in size, so they must be downloaded outside of the game.
Note that 1.02+ maps and patch 1.02+ are completely separate; the maps are not required to play patch 1.02+ itself, nor is patch 1.02+ required to the play 1.02+ maps.

- I see a bunch of additional options in the installer - what are they?
Besides the patch itself, the following other features are included in the installer:

*Kane Edition Skin Switch tool, by Bibber & Lauren (Optional install)
A simple tool that allows you to toggle Kane Edition skins for both TW and KW, and works for all game patch versions. To enable the Kane Edition skin for either game, make sure the 'Disable' button appears next to the game name.
You may find this tool installed in your main KW folder.

*No EA logo mod (Optional install)
Disables the EA splash logo that appears when the game is started.
To enable KW splash logo again, simply go to KW folder\core\1.0 and delete "kw_ea_no_logo.big" or rename it (eg. as kw_ea_no_logo1.big).

*New Rocket Trail Effects (Optional Install)
Introduces rocket smoke trail effects for 1.02+. Does not affect 1.02. Can be disabled by re-running the 1.02+ installer with this option de-selected.

- Where's the Teleporting-EMP-Hexapod bugfix?!
While this patch attempts to fix as many important bugs as possible, there exist several other bugs such as unit pathfinding, harvester AI, waypointing with special abilities or the dreaded Mastermind-teleporting-EMP'd-units bug etc which are unfortunately engine-hardcoded and thus (realistically) impossible to fix. Certain other bugs like MoK EMP abilities etc can be addressed/optimised to a great extent but not possible to eliminate completely due to engine limitations.

- Any chance of this turning into an official patch?
For several reasons... no.

==========================
CHANGE LIST
Spoiler

BUGFIXES
- XP bug/inconsistencies fixed for various units.
- Fixed MoK Cyborg EMP bugs.
- Fixed R17 Tripod charged reserves bug.
- Phase Field timer no longer freezes when the Phased unit is EMP'd.
- Fixed Shadow glider/attack bugs.
- Shadow/Specter bombard beacon placement and cursor radius bug fixed. Specter bombarding no longer kills friendly beacons.
- Mechapede segment mixing bugs fixed. Mechapedes can now use rallypoints.
- Fixed disproportionate money gained from Hexapod killing a Mechapede segment.
- Fixed BH/MoK Fanatics dealing lower damage than vNod.
- Fixed Stormrider damage vs certain subfaction units (Pitbulls, APCs, MRTs, Wolverines, Bikes, Stealth Tanks, Gunwalkers, Seekers) to match that vs respective vanilla faction units. [25% damage decrease vs these subfaction units]
- Subfaction heavy infantry (T59/R17 Shocktroopers, Zoneraiders, BH Blackhands, Tibtroopers, ZOCOM/MoK Commando) no longer take full damage from Cloaking Field.
- Fixed bug exploit with Epic units being affected by Prodigy AoE Mind Control.
- Scrin/R17 MCVs can now be teleported by Mastermind/Prodigy.
- Ion Storms no longer prevent placing of buildings underneath. Units teleported via Mastermind to an Ion Storm are no longer killed.
- Subfactions' base defences can no longer be mind-controlled by MM/Prodigy.
- Snipers no longer attack vehicles and structures.
- Orca Sensor Pods attached to friendly vehicles are no longer removed by friendly drones.
- Fixed target priorities for Hammerheads, Seekers, Devastators, Fanatics.
- ZT/ZR jumpjet ability now uses Commando/Blinkpack style cursor. Jumpjetting ZT/ZR no longer crushable by T3 units. Scannerpacks ungarrisoned range bug fixed.
- Corrupters, Flame and Sonic weapons can now kill friendly husks via force-fire.
- ZOCOM Shatterer Overload Beam wave speed increased to match regular wave.
- Ravager Tiberium Agitation now also affects vScrin Devourers and Corrupters.
- Veteran Snipers can now spot for Juggernauts from within transports.
- Fixed slower harvesting rate for ZOCOM/ST Harvesters.
- Fixed health inconsistencies with ZOCOM/ST Ox transport.
- Fixed invincible controllable Ox transport exploit.
- Fixed reload sounds for Hardpoints upgraded GDI Orca/Firehawk and ZOrca.
- Fixed Tib Vein Detonation money deduction bug.
- Fixed bug with Redeemer getting stuck when attempting to garrison it with a lone Confessor or Disciple from an upgraded squad.
- MoK Avatar husks now correctly spawn MoK Avatars. MoK Bikes can now be commandeered by Avatars.
- ZOCOM Conyard now properly spawns ZOCOM Riflemen and Engineer when sold.
- Fixed ordering of upgrade buttons on ZOCOM and ST Command Posts to match vGDI.
- Heroic Tungsten Slingshots now have red shell tracers. Tungsten impact particles no longer appear at lowest graphic detail settings.
- Delays on several abilities reduced: Jumpjets, Rig/MCV packup, Flametank/Mantis preattack delay, Orca Sensor Pod deploy delay.
- Fixed Tib Spike collision box to prevent shoot-through bug.
- Slight tweaks to some unit movement behaviors for better response (smaller turn radii, slightly quicker acceleration/braking times).
- New visual effects for Railgun Accelerators, fixed Kane Edition 'Pink' Juggernaut texture bug.

MAP CHANGES/FIXES (available in Map Packs only)
- Fixed inconsistent build and passable terrain on Unsound Investment.
- Slightly re-positioned start fields and nearby props on Tournament Dustbowl for more fairness between the two player positions.
- Reworked Subways on Battle for Middle Egypt.

BALANCE CHANGES
=Global=
- Repair Drones can now repair allied units in team games.

=GDI Global=
- Stealth detection range for Sensor Pods attached to vehicles reduced 30%.

=Nod Global=
- Shadow Team Strike support power now spawns Shadows with a 5 sec delay.

=Steel Talons=
- MRT now has targeting cursor, infantry evacuation button and more responsive repair drone. Movement speed normalized with that of APC. Repair radius increased as per notes.
- Titan deals 50% extra damage vs Mechapedes.
- Railgun Accelerators cooldown reduced 210s to 60s. No longer affects enemies.

=MoK=
- Awakened squad/member ranges tweaked for better consistency. Overall attack range increased 20%.

=Neutrals=
- Mutant Marauders range increased 20%, attack damage increased 10%. Cannon armor resistance doubled (normalised with other infantry). Now stealthed while moving in Tiberium.
- Mutant Hovels health increased 50%, repair rate increased 4x. Mutant spawn/exit time removed.

=========================
REQUIREMENTS
Spoiler

KW patched up to 1.02
WinRAR to extract installer

HOW TO INSTALL AND RUN
Spoiler

1.Run Installer (KWCommunityPatch1.02+.exe).
2.Run KW.

TO RUN ORIGINAL 1.02
Spoiler

1.Go to main KW folder.
2.Run the "Switch To 1.02" executable.
3.Run KW.

If you wish to switch back to 1.02+, simply run the "Switch to 1.02+" executable, and then run KW.

========================
WATCHING REPLAYS
========================
Spoiler

As with 1.02 replays, there are two ways of watching a 1.02+ replay:
A) Start the game on 1.02+, click the replay in the replay browser list.
Ensure that you use the SAME version of the patch as was used for the game you want to watch. Otherwise, you may notice the replay is greyed out in-game.

B) Switch to 1.02+, run the replay file directly from outside the game.
This method may allow you to watch replays on a different patch version (as it forces the game to try running the replay, bypassing the version check). The success of this depends entirely on the changes/differences in the patch version. The replay will run until the game detects a data mismatch and desyncs.

Note: To watch a replay of a game played on a 1.02+ Map, you will require the 1.02+ Map Pack. If the game was played on a 1.02+ Map but on Patch 1.02, you will NOT need Patch 1.02+ to watch the replay.

This post has been edited by cnc315d34d: Jun 19 2016, 13:00 PM

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2neoragexxx Jun 27 2012, 13:41 PM
Thanks a ton for this man! Respect for all the work you have done.

+
# 3JCDoo7 Jun 27 2012, 15:27 PM
QUOTE(neoragexxx @ Jun 27 2012, 17:41 PM) *

Thanks a ton for this man! Respect for all the work you have done.

+1 thumb.gif

Finally, you did this, cgf! Heck yeah!!! banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif

Game: None

+
# 4supermakil Jun 27 2012, 18:49 PM
Can still teleport EMPed hexapod 0.o?
Still pooed my pants.
The reduced ability time is going to be fucking huge for MOK and zocom can use preds now!

This post has been edited by supermakil : Jun 27 2012, 18:54 PM

+
# 5DJ_Chill Jun 27 2012, 20:06 PM
Portal Announcement

Good work!! thumb.gif biggrin.gif

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 684082084090077083 Jun 27 2012, 20:30 PM
Can you please fix the ravagers?

If we get into Fixing a bit more bugs, we can call the patch 1.03.

This is official to me.
This isnt a Community patch anymore.

KW PLAYERS UNITE.

This game will be an all time classic if we get it to work

+
# 784082084090077083 Jun 27 2012, 20:33 PM
Thank you CFG smile.gif

Im a new player here in this community since April - and proud of having changed something with one little post.

- ps: FIX THE RAVAGERS ATTACK DELAY, i love ravagers so much xd

+
# 8IntoTheRain Jun 27 2012, 21:08 PM
All I can say is..don't play this. CGF intentionally left a large number of bugs in, and handled others in biased ways.

For example, he left in the BH Black Hand squads needing to reach veteranacy even though they start as veterans. He has decided this would somehow make BH overpowered. Last I checked, his opinions on balance have nothing to do with 'bugfixes'. However, there are a variety of bugs he left in to meet his own criteria for balance. (and if you want to know just how bad his understanding of balance is, go play 1.03)

Others he ignored or was just too lazy to fix:

- MARV doesn't require a tech center to be built
- Foxholes don't refund the used credits if you run out of money before they are finished
- Heroic Slingshots do not fire red bullets
- MRT Repair range was never increased in 1.02 (patch notes said it was)

- Stealth Tanks still gain experience too quickly
- Stealth Field damage was not equalized across factions for identical units
- BH Cabal squads need to level twice before becoming veterans

- Shielded Harvesters still lose shields when phased
- Reaper Devourer tanks are vulnerable to Tiberium Agitation, Regular Devourer Tanks are not
- Reaper Devourers and Tripods can only charge from a refinery if it has 10000 credits or more stored in it
- Prodigies can garrison foxholes

+
# 9~HeaDeKBaT~{J} Jun 27 2012, 22:25 PM
Some of this stuff he couldn't fix, some he just forgot i think (like the stanks leveling and mrt range), some is unclear whether its a bug or not (like marv without tech), but I think he didn't want to touch the bh leveling bug because it would affect balance too much, and that's what we are actually trying to avoid.

One thing I can say though, you are being too skeptic and too aggressive about it, seriously man show some appreciation

+
# 10RRcabal Jun 27 2012, 22:26 PM
me and wilson170[PT] played a few games on patch 1.02+, he didnt realized the shadow teams are not stealthed anymore, Steel Talons looks great.

+
# 11supermakil Jun 27 2012, 22:34 PM
Mok is OP sad.gif
awakened EMP range is redic now. also would have liked to see ravagers get the same treatment. EA incorporating the delay time on them isn't technically a bug but it plays like one.

Everyone is gonna be using shadows though, they feel amazing.

+
# 12RRcabal Jun 27 2012, 22:39 PM
QUOTE(supermakil @ Jun 27 2012, 14:34 PM) *

Mok is OP sad.gif
awakened EMP range is redic now. also would have liked to see ravagers get the same treatment. EA incorporating the delay time on them isn't technically a bug but it plays like one.

Everyone is gonna be using shadows though, they feel amazing.

thast just it, i have't seen ravangers used once in game, there Tiberium aduation is very deadly, 4 ravangers can kill 1 ref with a docked harvester.

+
# 13~HeaDeKBaT~{J} Jun 27 2012, 22:57 PM
Not sure what's going on, I couldnt find no one to play with, but I played vs brutal ai to test some stuff, and found out that game crashes as soon as i build the MARV epic factory. It happens with all gdi factions
cgf and as you fix that, read the posts and fix some other stuff, we really don't want another 19 versions of the patch

This post has been edited by ~HeaDeKBaT~{J}: Jun 27 2012, 23:09 PM

+
# 1484082084090077083 Jun 27 2012, 23:06 PM
i agree,
dont change the balance.
Just fix the bugs.

BTW I NOTICED 1 BUG NO ONE KNOWS:

Cabal Squads must have a Red glow on Fog of War so you can see them.
Yes this is actually intended by EA. but they didnt do it ingame.

This would change the balance for Black Hand.
Easy.
Important.
Do it.

and dont release any changes.

We just need to discuss it and wait for CFG releasing an official 1.03.

+
# 15LOA5000 Jun 28 2012, 00:43 AM
really u where suppost to see the glow on them?
That kinda makes perfect sence

+
# 16neoragexxx Jun 28 2012, 02:46 AM
QUOTE(IntoTheRain @ Jun 27 2012, 21:08 PM) *

All I can say is..don't play this. CGF intentionally left a large number of bugs in, and handled others in biased ways.

For example, he left in the BH Black Hand squads needing to reach veteranacy even though they start as veterans. He has decided this would somehow make BH overpowered. Last I checked, his opinions on balance have nothing to do with 'bugfixes'. However, there are a variety of bugs he left in to meet his own criteria for balance. (and if you want to know just how bad his understanding of balance is, go play 1.03)

Others he ignored or was just too lazy to fix:

- MARV doesn't require a tech center to be built
- Foxholes don't refund the used credits if you run out of money before they are finished
- Heroic Slingshots do not fire red bullets
- MRT Repair range was never increased in 1.02 (patch notes said it was)

- Stealth Tanks still gain experience too quickly
- Stealth Field damage was not equalized across factions for identical units
- BH Cabal squads need to level twice before becoming veterans

- Shielded Harvesters still lose shields when phased
- Reaper Devourer tanks are vulnerable to Tiberium Agitation, Regular Devourer Tanks are not
- Reaper Devourers and Tripods can only charge from a refinery if it has 10000 credits or more stored in it
- Prodigies can garrison foxholes

haters gonna hate! What you are saying makes no sens. If it's a bug and he fixed it even if he left some behind it's still better or more as EA intended originally. On a sidenote if the hexa bug that is teleported while emped or that when it is emped the phase stays indefinitely could be fixed it would be be really cool smile.gif

+
# 17RRcabal Jun 28 2012, 02:46 AM
i played a skirmish vs a black hand Ai, and i didn't see any Cabal wub.gif squads glow in the fog of war.

+
# 18~HeaDeKBaT~{J} Jun 28 2012, 03:24 AM
it happens rarely just like you can sometimes see the corruptors firing in the fog

+
# 19JcGNeon Jun 28 2012, 03:35 AM
You can also see buildings being sold. The wires on Shredder turrets are visible while doing so. You can also see flames sometimes.

+
# 20RRcabal Jun 28 2012, 03:42 AM
found out a few things, my game crashes half way throught the game, and when you click on a Zocom Con Yard it dosen't make a sound like in 1.02

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)