Dawn of War 2

Balance Mod - Calling All DOW2 Die-Hard Fans!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Alexander Begg Jul 23 2012, 14:25 PM

IPB Image

To download and play the mod, the group page has regular updates which is here
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DOW2EliteMod
Come and say Hi to us in the group chat channel!

Interview about Balance Mod With Caeltos here
Youtube Interview

New website here
www.DoW2ELITE.com

Eye0fHoruS here,

I was impressed by the persistence of Caeltos and other developer's that I wanted to support this effort.
What I like is that the publisher’s no longer dictate which balance’s or unit’s we get, we do.

IPB Image

It is too early to see the kind of legacy that will be left by this, but the creative effort’s have been huge, I believe these developer's have made a fine job of adding new unit's to a game I enjoy very much.

To support this effort we have:

A website

www.Dow2Elite.com was developed to support the effort.

An upcoming prize for a tournament (complete)

This is a custom Chaos Lord in Terminator armour, able to be used as Huron.
Initial steps
http://playdow2elitemod.weebly.com/news.html
Complete
IPB Image

Tournament, next steps
Tangible progress has been made in support of the Balance mod.
The painted prize is in development now, along with an Introduction video and regular painting tutorials to coincide with the Dow2Elite Effort. Following this will come more depth with the tournament organization (best to run on GDF tournament system)
There is a chance repeated attendance to Balance mod tournaments will gain access to a Model Masterclass.

To support die-hard dow2 fan’s have a truly global tournament these effort’s are joined with the effort’s of the Russian GDF tournament, whose recently achieved a successful tournament with the Caeltos Balance mod at http://grim-dark-future.gotourney.ru/

We have also run a succesfull tournament (29/08/2012) with the Elite mod with a replay pack viewable here
http://www.dow2elite.com/replays/

Supporting the effort
IPB Image

We are looking for associates, if you have time, desire and a clear understanding of a function you could take on making announcements, taking picture’s of balance units for website, website development, balance community development, sound and music for videos, brief reports on tournaments, support foreign players, making replay packs, streams, casts, sponsoring the tournament, or want to make something new please leave a message here, contact Gamereplays Eye0fHoruS at spectrumsofwar@gmail.com or GDF Stork on skype at stork375

This post has been edited by Eye0fHoruS: Aug 29 2012, 16:16 PM

Game: Kings and Castles

+
# 2Lord Lokgar Jul 23 2012, 14:55 PM
Why split up the tiny community more? Why not help Caeltos instead of dividing up the pool of players yet again.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 3Caeltos Jul 23 2012, 15:15 PM
But Lokgar, that's exactly the mod that I've been working on with other people, not a new one smile.gif

Game: Dota 2

+
# 4Cursed Jul 23 2012, 17:10 PM
myself and rocko could probably do our usual thing and cast

the biggest drawback i can see happening with this if you want to get it big enough is theres no automatch support.

ofc, that doesnt matter for the moment, but if you ever got 500 people playing this, its something that could make or brake the mod, that far down the tracks

also, caeltos can cast with me and rokco, after all, we need someone to bring the big plays!
1399 1392 1529

+
# 5BloodBathAndBeyond Jul 23 2012, 19:39 PM
Seeing "Elite Balance Mod" in the same image along with "With Chaos Terminators" makes me just absolutely LOL!

Thank god this game is dead already, nobody had a clue what they were doing with balance anyway, and this completely and utterly proves it.

+
# 6Nuclear Arbitor Jul 23 2012, 20:15 PM
that is an impressive CL you have there. the pose is pretty generic but terminators aren't known for their flexibility.

and bloodbath... lol, in a bad way.

+
# 7Caeltos Jul 23 2012, 20:37 PM
It's just one of the new features tho BloodBath, no need to make pre-assumptions and look stupid in the process X_X

Eldar has recieved Dark Reapers, Fire Dragons, Dire Avengers models + Exarch and recently are ontop of the performance board.

Space Marines got Whirlwind and have planned Sternguard + Vanguards. Everyone is getting their fair share.

Some people, really.

+
# 8Nuclear Arbitor Jul 23 2012, 20:48 PM
any plans for night spinners?

+
# 9Hazard1024 Jul 23 2012, 21:55 PM
Oooh! Vanguard? Me want...

+
# 10Arbit Jul 23 2012, 22:06 PM
QUOTE(BloodBathAndBeyond @ Jul 23 2012, 11:39 AM) *

Seeing "Elite Balance Mod" in the same image along with "With Chaos Terminators" makes me just absolutely LOL!

Thank god this game is dead already, nobody had a clue what they were doing with balance anyway, and this completely and utterly proves it.

Well if balance is already totally screwed in your opinion then what's the harm in adding cool shit? I mean, this shit looks pretty cool.

However, if chaos is going to get raptors and chaos termies then it's only fair orks get MANz

+
# 11Pony Moofassa Jul 23 2012, 23:29 PM
He does have a wee point though. When I first noticed the Elite Balance mod I took it word for word: a mod that would make the current iteration of DOWII, well, balanced. I expected (and received) minor unit tweaks, minor gameplay alterations (Such as a weapon skill buff on retreat) and other minor fixes that attempted to make the game more balanced and 'competitive', hence its namesake.

Adding new units not only threatens to skew the balance (especially considering the fact that adding just a single unit can twist the meta into a different direction), but arguably defeats the purpose of a balancing mod.

I'm probably interpreting too much from nomenclature, but the current name doesn't do justice to the wealth of new content that's been made, nor does it give an accurate representation to those who only want 'DOWII, but balanced'. I recommend changing the name to Caeltos' Super Special Awesome Rising mod instead.

+
# 12Arbit Jul 24 2012, 00:28 AM
Yeah, it's pretty clear it's not a balance mod anymore. I figured he's just hanging onto the name for brand recognition.

Caeltos ™ brand balance, now with Chaos Terminators

+
# 13Carnevour Jul 24 2012, 01:27 AM
Maybe you should just fucking download and play it and not discuss whether not it will succeed or fail, since every DoW2 initiative was pretty much the same.
- We want a bigger community and DoW2 to be popular!
- Well guys its a lot of work but if we can put our effort into it we will have a chance.
- OMG YOU FUCKING NUB, WORK, PUT EFFORT?! NO BITCH IM GONNA WHINE AND BITCH ABOUT HOW BAD EVERYTHING IS.
- bla bla bla
-BLA BLA BLA
-bla bla bla
-BLA BLA BLA
- We decided to drop the project.
- HA WE KNEW IT WAS HOPELESS!
1611 1577 1776

+
# 14Caeltos Jul 24 2012, 02:25 AM
I've been thinking of a name change, but just can't figure out anything appropiate really. In a nutshell however, it's core concept of the mod is

- Add more stuff, as in expansionpack of units.
- Make it as well balanced as possibly it can be.

It's designed to do a complete 180 and make throw balance out of the window and go for fluff as a priority, we're not going to have 1x Terminator solo an entire Ork Army etc;

+
# 15Dullahan Jul 24 2012, 03:22 AM
Is there a comprehensive change log anywhere? And stats for the new units?

Alternatively, do the tooltips for the new units function similarly to detailed tool tips?

Giving it a download, but I'd love some hard numbers. I haven't paid much attention to the mod in a long time and I've no idea what's all different.

1374 ... ...

Clan: The Rally Point

+
# 16Raindrop Jul 24 2012, 07:47 AM
Fun mod, played it yesterday for the first time.

Realy like the new units like the Raptors and Fire dragons. Does this mod also use the "true size mod" or hower it was called, because some units seem to be much bigger then others. And the units mostly seem to be balanced like the just why is the brigthlance upgrade t1 ???

Just for the visual aspect of the game how about that as Fire dragon icon ??? for the next update.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Raindrop: Jul 24 2012, 07:52 AM

+
# 17Wildbold Jul 24 2012, 10:49 AM
I´m gonna start playing this soon. I really appreciate the effort you guys put into this, good to see that some people still care about my favorite game! Keep up the great work! smile.gif
1140 1323 1642

+
# 18Thunderhost Jul 24 2012, 11:03 AM
Cheers! Good work, now where's the damn donation button!?

Game: None

+
# 19harrehpottah Jul 24 2012, 11:20 AM
call me when tourny signup starts lads i feel like smashing toilalee
1704 1726 1533

+
# 20Commissar Crunch Jul 24 2012, 12:03 PM
QUOTE(Caeltos @ Jul 23 2012, 15:37 PM) *

It's just one of the new features tho BloodBath, no need to make pre-assumptions and look stupid in the process X_X

Eldar has recieved Dark Reapers, Fire Dragons, Dire Avengers models + Exarch and recently are ontop of the performance board.

Space Marines got Whirlwind and have planned Sternguard + Vanguards. Everyone is getting their fair share.

Some people, really.

ig ;(
1250 1751 1689

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)