Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Apply to become a Replay Reviewer

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Pallando Oct 24 2012, 19:52 PM
The BfME staff decided to bring back Replay Reviewing - exclusively for this section. Unlike before, we have developed our own way of reviewing, making it more friendly for the reviewers.

Back in the day, you were required to write a detailed review for a replay in order to make it look more professional and appealing. This usually was very time consuming, because in addition to watching a replay, you also had to spend a lot of time in writing a wall of text.

We tweaked this system a little and decided to bring it back. Instead of writing a detailed text, replays can be reviewed and the most crucial mistakes can be listed in bullet points. Even though the BfME section isn't as active anymore as it used to be, we think it is worth a try to bring Reviewing back - and we hope for some applicants.

So finally, what are the tasks of a Replay Reviewer?
  • Moderate the Replay section: Set posts invisible that contain trolling or flaming, etc.
  • Watch replays and point the most crucial mistakes out in bullet points or whatever you prefer (One review per game is enough, so do not review a replay that already has been reviewed)
  • Rate replays, in both skill and entertainment, on a scale from 1 to 10. Example: Skill rating: 4, Entertainment rating: 7; Total: (4+7)/2 = 5.5
    -> To see an example, check out my review
    Check this list out before you rate replays:

<4 - Below average
    4 - Average
    5 - Decent
    6 - Good
    7 - Great
    8 - Fantastic
    9 - Excellent
    10 - Outstanding
What do you get by becoming a Replay Reviewer?
  • Access to the Staff Area
  • A Replay Reviewer badge next to your name
  • Moderation rights in certain areas throughout the BfME section
  • The most active Replay Reviewer has a chance to get a shiny "Replay Reviewer of the Month" medal IPB Image
How do you become a Replay Reviewer?
  • Write 2 test reviews (do NOT review your own games) and post the links to your reviews in this topic. To make a review, just write it in the comments below a replay. After your first test review, wait for feedback from a Senior before you start your second test review.
Replay Reviewing is a staff position for people who like watching replays. So additional to watching replays, you're only required to write some notes to a replay and give it a rating. smile.gif

Any off-topic posts will be removed.

This post has been edited by Pallando: Nov 29 2012, 22:47 PM

Clan: Sons of Elendil

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2 Omerta` Nov 4 2012, 16:08 PM
question: does the reviewer have to review all replays, the noob ones included?

+
# 3Pallando Nov 4 2012, 16:19 PM
Of course, theoretically we try to review all replays, but it is your personal choice which replay you want to review. The focus of this new RR system is mostly to give replays ratings, so the main focus should be more on the better replays smile.gif

This post has been edited by Pallando: Nov 4 2012, 19:41 PM

+
# 4*Randall* Nov 6 2012, 01:25 AM
Hi i like if can i help in something the comunity.

- Dont have friends no life no gf xD nah just kidding

i like to watch games and replays.

http://www.gamereplays.org/battleformiddle...s&id=273834

This is 1º example from my part i hope u like.

Clan: The Last Knights of Middle-Earth

+
# 6Earendil Nov 6 2012, 13:01 PM
I thought only requested replays will be reviewed ?

+
# 7*Randall* Nov 6 2012, 17:30 PM
http://www.gamereplays.org/battleformiddle...mp;st=0#9348984

Ok this is a good review game.

I Hope u like.

Clan: The Last Knights of Middle-Earth

+
# 8Pallando Nov 6 2012, 18:32 PM
Thanks for your reviews, I'll give you feedback today or tomorrow at the latest.

You shouldn't review your own games, I forgot to mention it in the first post. That's not a problem now and it was my mistake anyway, but please note that for the future smile.gif

+
# 9 Omerta` Nov 6 2012, 21:08 PM
QUOTE(Hermione @ Nov 6 2012, 05:01 AM) *

I thought only requested replays will be reviewed ?

I support this idea, only the replays that have stated a request for a review should be reviewed imo.

+
# 10Pallando Nov 6 2012, 21:36 PM
QUOTE(`Ra @ Nov 6 2012, 22:08 PM) *

I support this idea, only the replays that have stated a request for a review should be reviewed imo.

Yeah that's a good point, we still need to think about it a little further and I'll let you know when we made a decision. In the end it's the RR's decision which replay he wants to review anyway.

Feedback to Randall sent, Ra I'll do yours tomorrow. Actually I planned on doing both today but it is all so time consuming post-13661-1143531603.gif

Maybe I can already give you some feedback in Gameranger and the full details tomorrow.

+
# 11Muse Nov 6 2012, 23:20 PM
QUOTE(Pallando @ Nov 6 2012, 14:36 PM) *

Yeah that's a good point, we still need to think about it a little further and I'll let you know when we made a decision. In the end it's the RR's decision which replay he wants to review anyway.

Feedback to Randall sent, Ra I'll do yours tomorrow. Actually I planned on doing both today but it is all so time consuming post-13661-1143531603.gif

Maybe I can already give you some feedback in Gameranger and the full details tomorrow.

Just do it as before with people posting their replays, and in the title they wrote [R]; if they wanted their replay to be review.

Game: Graphics

+
# 12CENTAUER Nov 6 2012, 23:57 PM
QUOTE(Revlom @ Nov 7 2012, 00:20 AM) *

Just do it as before with people posting their replays, and in the title they wrote [R]; if they wanted their replay to be review.

Yeah we have that b4 in time of last RRs ,and only replays with R was review,,, afaik ..

+
# 13Fishy Nov 7 2012, 14:31 PM
1.st review

http://www.gamereplays.org/battleformiddle...t=0#post9349801

Ok....i ll try it too.

+
# 14CENTAUER Nov 7 2012, 16:08 PM
Nice smile.gif

+
# 15RRcabal Nov 9 2012, 18:25 PM
Hi BFME.

I use to be a Replays Reviewer for Kane' wrath back in the day, but back then they didn't have that Badge, but now that Gr brought it back, personally I'm really exited to see a few members having this badge smile.gif, anyway the point of me being here was to say, being a replay reviewer is a fun and Strategy like job, plus you get to watch replays weather it will be a noob or expert game, and get a shinny new badge biggrin.gif can go wrong with that. smile.gif

Game: None

+
# 16Anarchy Nov 10 2012, 01:26 AM
Keep it on topic.

Clan: LeGenD`

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 17RRcabal Nov 14 2012, 07:08 AM
So, any Replay Reviewers yet? I would love to see there badges smile.gif

Game: None

+
# 18Fishy Nov 19 2012, 23:12 PM
2nd Review

http://www.gamereplays.org/battleformiddle...mp;st=0#9358700

+
# 19Pallando Nov 19 2012, 23:34 PM
Nice review thum.gif

I'll look into it tomorrow after work smile.gif

+
# 20CENTAUER Nov 20 2012, 11:07 AM
Nice Fishy smile.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)