Generals 2

The Faction Logos Are Out!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Immortal^ Mar 8 2013, 22:19 PM
EA_CIRE released the official faction logos on the main forums today! Take a look and decide if you think they'll do or some renovations need to be made...

Global Liberation Army - GLA

IPB Image

European Union - EU

IPB Image

Asian Pacific Alliance - APA

IPB Image

This post has been edited by Immortal^: Mar 8 2013, 22:24 PM

Clan: Dumbledore's Army

Game: Dota 2

+
# 2AgmLauncher Mar 8 2013, 22:31 PM
I feel like the styling is inconsistent. In Generals, the logos were different, but the styling was rather consistent. These look completely different.

Also, this:
Attached Image

Clan: CrAzY

Game: Generals 2

+
# 3Flopjack Mar 8 2013, 22:58 PM
Well, they're from different parts of the (fictional) world/culture... that may be their reasoning.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 4HolyFtw Mar 8 2013, 23:21 PM
lol'd EA copy cats

Game: Dota 2

+
# 5triumph Mar 8 2013, 23:45 PM
QUOTE(AgmLauncher @ Mar 8 2013, 15:31 PM) *

I feel like the styling is inconsistent. In Generals, the logos were different, but the styling was rather consistent. These look completely different.

Also, this:
Attached Image

Best laugh of the week!

Clan: EPIC

+
# 6kustodian Mar 9 2013, 02:19 AM
QUOTE(AgmLauncher @ Mar 8 2013, 23:31 PM) *

I totally agree.

Also the logos looks really bad. They are too simple and dull. Just compare them with Generals logos:

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Clan: HotOPS

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 7Feynmaniac Mar 9 2013, 03:05 AM
The old generals logo's were super stylized to look awesome, but these appear to be attempting to ape reality.

Which I oppose; I prefer things over the top tongue.gif

Game: Grey Goo

+
# 8-Darth^ Mar 9 2013, 10:21 AM
"So GLA are now a basketball team?"

Was literally the first thing i thought when i saw their logo. I don't really like the new logos, but i can live with them.

Clan: Metroid Spamus Hour

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 9Couch Mar 9 2013, 11:33 AM
It's funny because CIRE just made a blank release. Those logos were first visible in the community summit video and then they appeared a few times in the press videos.

Clan: TNG-

Game: None

+
# 10MdK Mar 9 2013, 11:52 AM
If they are going for a more realistic approach then yeah, I suppose they work but personally I dont like the look of any of them. Its still a video game, needs more shiny!

+
# 11triumph Mar 9 2013, 12:36 PM
QUOTE(-Darth^ @ Mar 9 2013, 03:21 AM) *

"So GLA are now a basketball team?"

Was literally the first thing i thought when i saw their logo. I don't really like the new logos, but i can live with them.

Now whenever I see the GLA I'm going to think of Harlem Globe Trotters exploding thanks to you.
I hope you're happy!

+
# 12Das.Duelon Mar 9 2013, 14:30 PM
ahh who cares aout the logos? -.-' wanna see same real news again! tongue.gif feels like it's been ages

Game: Battlefield 1943

+
# 13DMraider Mar 9 2013, 17:38 PM
GLA logo has a knife and an AK: cheesy and too simple

EU Logo: Makes me think of the roman empire. Come on it needs to be cooler.

Asian Alliance: Looks boring. Who's joining the alliance anyway?

I want them to use the names of real countries.

Say Asian alliance = China and North Korea
GLA = Iran, Afghanistan and Syria etc.

+
# 14Das.Duelon Mar 9 2013, 17:54 PM

won't do that cause people would argue that EA paints people from those countrys to be terrorists.

Game: Battlefield 1943

+
# 15triumph Mar 9 2013, 18:20 PM
QUOTE(DMraider @ Mar 9 2013, 10:38 AM) *

Say Asian alliance = China and North Korea

The second they say China they get banned in China again. post-13661-1143531603.gif

+
# 16Feynmaniac Mar 9 2013, 19:31 PM
I feel as though the Chinese censors are smart enough to ban the APA anyway tongue.gif

Game: Grey Goo

+
# 17TomaSkTemplar Mar 9 2013, 21:00 PM
I did not understand what the logos meant in the first one.

GLA symbol - what was that in there ? No idea
China - over the top red devil or what it is, white, not red star.
USA, what a mess, sword, shield, some bird, dunno what to make of it.

New symbols, GLA - global revolution by force, green ideology ... (RL Al Qaeda have a black flag with some yellow circle or something) AK the traditional weapon.

EU really does have imperialistic feel to their symbolism, like some superior thing, RL it has them, the bureaucracy isnt voted for, so there you go with EU being centralized new empire ruled by not voted for bureaucrats called the Commission. National identity was destroyed so now there is the brainwashed Europeanunioners, the new poeple, akin to the project of the soviet people. (considering members of the real EU commission are maoists, communists and such dangerous elements, this joke is not that funny even it might seem at first)
Both sides have 13 leaves, same as the UN, US Dollar, the number represents rebellion in the Bible, rejection of God. This is why they use all sorts of attacks against people believing in God in the EU as people who are backward and against progress. To overshadow that they are forces of regression, not progression.

The APA , yellow, red star with some asian overtones, communist ideology. Very likely an alliance of cooperation based on mutual friendly relationships of nations toward a better new future, to the world free of both capitalist banker asset strippers (who really brought to October revolution of 1917) and those who dont work for the future communist society, where everyone gets what he needs or whatever tongue.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 18Pwnage_Machine Mar 10 2013, 15:55 PM
I don't like them. I agree I think they're too simplistic. But meh, logos are probably the least important thing to get right. tongue.gif

Clan: Casters & Co.

+
# 19DMraider Mar 10 2013, 17:24 PM
QUOTE(Das.Duelon @ Mar 9 2013, 19:54 PM) *

won't do that cause people would argue that EA paints people from those countrys to be terrorists.

Ah come on it's fictional anyway. But that would be the reason probably...

Anyway, how did they do it in Generals 1?
I mean the campaign showed battles being fought in the middle east right? And they actually used the name of China at least...

I wanna know which countries I am playing with when I choose the EU.

+
# 20triumph Mar 10 2013, 21:47 PM
You'll find out which countries when you hear the units respond in neat accents.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)