Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Players can rely on Gentool to have a fair gaming environment

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1lionengine Apr 3 2013, 00:04 AM
Some time ago there was a new topic opened by me in the mess hall. I was reporting a game, in which i played against Noobfighter. In this very replay Noobfighter hacked. Afterwards it was analysed:
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=919520

However, although it looks like a clear gentool hack proof, what actually happened is far away from any gentool hack. All in all it is a simple trick. Unfortunatelly i may not talk about this in detail for obvious reasons. Despite the fact that it has nothing to do with a gentool hack, it abuses a (severe) security lack in the architecture of the Gentool program.
Now that's where the motivation came from. Initially designed to advise Xezon of that security lack, it became a huge topic and caused lots of headache in the admin board. I need to apologize to Xezon and also to admins for the trouble caused.

As you might be suprised about me having done this, I want to emphasize that i regret what happened and that the process of happenings became out of control very early. I didn't know Noobfighter before and i thought his intentions are not that bad. He wanted a Show off and he wanted to explain it later on how it works. As i wasnt familiar with the relationship between Noobfighter and the community, it was suprising for me to see that instead of a curious discussion, fast ban was practiced. I felt sry for him and denied to be involved to give him a chance to become unbaned again. However this had no chance to be successful, as Noobfighter already told MrX that it was me who found that trick. I didnt know that so i denied it several times. I even didnt tell it friends cause keeping a secret in most situations is rather a burden. Its already getting way too much into detail now.
At last I want to emphasize that my intention was to make Xezon aware of this security lack, which can cause server's breakdown or in case of evil intentions of people even worse. Causing that huge tumult was ofc not part of my equation, which was a consequence of Noobfighter's wish to go public. It was a great mistake to do so and i apologize for this.

This post has been edited by tod.extinction: Apr 3 2013, 00:08 AM

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 2krew Apr 3 2013, 00:24 AM
I dont know any super details and what exactly were the motives. But my word does not matter as I actually dont care if gentool is able to be hacked on cus Ill calmly play games with out gentool anyway. I know other may not feel this way though.

Clan: iWuB

Game: Generals 2

+
# 3Locutus Apr 3 2013, 00:31 AM
Closed on request of OP.

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)